Mikel John Obi

Badboy

You won't see me posting gifs about any player, but i can understand it for some - Bosingwa, Benayoun, Kalou don't belong at a club like Chelsea, and their donkey play is so apparent for all to see.

Anyway, Mikel stepped up when Essien was injured under Carlo and we won the PL. He was also instrumental under RDM and was probably our best player in the CL final - that is enough good imo. He's very inconsistent that's for sure, but generally he does a good enough job - but unfortunately for him, fans have come to expect much more from that position having watched Maka and Essien in his prime.

Bosingwa was instrumental in stopping Messi, not once, but twice!

Kalou gave us a vital goal against Benfica in that away game from last season CL.

And still people celebrate their departure.

So I don't see much difference between what you just said for Mikel and other past players.

If people want to celebrate, let them. Just as long as they are not abusing a player...and when I mean abusing, I mean like racist slur like with Benayoun.

Bosingwa was instrumental in stopping Messi, not once, but twice!

Kalou gave us a vital goal against Benfica in that away game from last season CL.

And still people celebrate their departure.

So I don't see much difference between what you just said for Mikel and other past players.

If people want to celebrate, let them. Just as long as they are not abusing a player...and when I mean abusing, I mean like racist slur like with Benayoun.

Yeah fair enough. I just don't think Mikel was as bad for Chelsea - during his entire time here - as some of those other players to deserve that.

Today's rumour is that Gala are willing to pay £20m+ for him.

Mikel doesn't want to leave and we're not actively pushing to sell him, but agents are doing everything they can to make a deal go through.

Today's rumour is that Gala are willing to pay £20m+ for him.

Mikel doesn't want to leave and we're not actively pushing to sell him, but agents are doing everything they can to make a deal go through.

£20 for Mikel? Will that come in two instalments of a tenner now and a tenner when he scores his first goal?

Might have a nap after the press conference because for a moment there I thought you said £20 million. :lol2:

Come next season, this place will not be a very happy place. Mourinho will reduce Mikel to a bench role and there will be a lot of heartbreaks here and also "delicious irony".

Mourinho does not accept bad attitude from his players and besides being a limited footballer, that poor attitude is another of Mikel's shortcomings. Can't wait for next season to start.

If Chelsea are not interested in selling Mikel for 20m, does that mean Mourinho and the rest actually rate him?! Who would have thought that :rolleyes:

Where have you heard we aren't interested? The reports from Nigeria seem to indicate he is unwilling to leave, not that we aren't willing to sell.

He seems intent on pissing off as many Chelsea supporters as possible if that's true.

I don't hate the guy but by god if we can 20M for him then I will pay his first weeks wages.

£20 million makes me think this is a joke, and a particularly cruel one at that. Is that really his market value? That would be a great amount of money for a player who was barely a bench player towards the end of last season and would be a show of faith to some of the younger guys who will be pushing him for a spot next season.

£20 million makes me think this is a joke, and a particularly cruel one at that. Is that really his market value? That would be a great amount of money for a player who was barely a bench player towards the end of last season and would be a show of faith to some of the younger guys who will be pushing him for a spot next season.

20Million is a hell of a lot for a player as limited as Mikel, and again, i hope people don't think I hate him with that comment but I have thought this for a very long time. We need to look long and hard at this area of the field this summer, it's letting us down time and time again, get De Rossi or somebody of that ilk and bingo, things are starting to look rosy again.

Mikel >>>>>>>>>>> Chalobah

Always has and always will. Deal with it.

That "limited player" was first choice under every single manager since he was signed apart from of course the two with the worst winning percentages at the club,

The complete lack of respect for easily our best outfield player in Munich is sickening.

Exactly. That's the reason I want him out. He was absolute shite considering he played in great conditions to perform: I mean, he had passing options everywhere around him, the pressing was Barcelonesque, he had little gaps to fill in his zone etc...

Oh wait, that's again the same superficial BS, instead of pointing fingers to the right issues in open play, there's again the most exposed player (due to his zone of play) being scapegoated for reasons that doesn't depend or belong to him

I'm sure you've got graphs and stats to show how poor Mikel was exposed, but I'm talking about the heart and effort that he showed in some games. If you as a Chelsea supporter were happy with some of those performances then that's your choice and I'm sure Choulo will be along shortly to like your post, but I felt he did a disservice to our club and as a senior member of the club he should've been one of the people to try and lift other people's performances.

People like you always treat him like a child, insisting that he needs other people around him to be better. Here's a lesson for you - the best players are the ones who make the players around them better.

But yes, he was great in the CL Final. :clap:

20Million is a hell of a lot for a player as limited as Mikel, and again, i hope people don't think I hate him with that comment but I have thought this for a very long time. We need to look long and hard at this area of the field this summer, it's letting us down time and time again, get De Rossi or somebody of that ilk and bingo, things are starting to look rosy again.

Agreed. There's a few people scared of appearing 'wrong' about him if we sell him, rather than thinking about what's best for Chelsea Football Club. It's weird to say, but at 26 it seems as though the game has moved on from Mikel.

Mikel >>>>>>>>>>> Chalobah

Always has and always will.

So you're writing off an 18 year old who has been one of the best players in the second tier and is very highly thought of at this club??

Is that what type of supporter we're attracting nowadays? :no:

If Chelsea are not interested in selling Mikel for 20m, does that mean Mourinho and the rest actually rate him?! Who would have thought that :rolleyes:

We will find out soon enough... if he starts more games next season. Mikel has started only 26 times compared to the likes of Ramires and Luiz, 42.

Now, I believe his wages are over 100K weekly, so he might be unwilling to leave.

Furthermore, it is very difficult to find equivalent players starting for other top sides: they no longer employ pure DMs like Mikel.