Mikel John Obi

Badboy

well this is true but if you've watched us against Kopenhaben the flat 4-4-2 suits mikel superbly, he and Ramires have a great understanding, he didn't make that much runs forward like Essien, but he was caught out of position about 3 times, while Ess seems to be at the wrong side on the field nearly every time, and the runs mikel made forward against copenhagen have been pretty well I must say, was a bit impressed, we could see his offensive qualitiys against inter mailand last year (probably his best game for us so far) and he has hit the post 7 times alon this season, his shooting isn't as bad as ppl want us to belive, he just hasn't got the luck you need to bang this goals in, 5 cm lower or a bit mor to the right and he would've banged 7 goals in this term...

I think Mikel-Lamps and Ramires did the 4-4-2 pretty well against Copenhagen, if he can do this against other teams, why let him rot in the stands?

He's not our biggest attacking thread, yes but he is the most balanced midfielder we have and he has by miles the best passing and tchnique in our midfield alongside Ramires...

:goodpost:

Agreed mate - Our 4-4-2 will be so much better if we move away from it's current 'flat' midfield, and the only way that can happen is if Mikel plays alongside Lampard. Emenalo spoke about how the narrow midfield is a conscious decision, effectively admitting that Essien's defensive abilities aren't what they used to be and thus requiring Ramires's assistance. Mikel's presence would free up Ramires even more, and it will be advantageous to the team, like he showed yesterday against Scotland. The only downside of that centre midfield pairing would be that it's not very quick/mobile.

I wouldnt go that far but you support is clear to see

Was only joking (thought that was obvious) but why would we sell a 23 year old incredible talent with 10+ years ahead of him.

I see Mikel as a future captain, the idea of losing him makes me sick. :mouthclosed:

Was only joking (thought that was obvious) but why would we sell a 23 year old incredible talent with 10+ years ahead of him.

I see Mikel as a future captain, the idea of losing him makes me sick. :mouthclosed:

I knew you were joking but agree with you completely

Guest justin_3d

Good player. It will be dumb to sell him unless someone comes with a 30 mill offer.

Other then that, he is a good player that needs to get back in form!

He could become a world class player if he gets regular playing time.

Could not agree more. He's a much better DM (true DM) than Essien. He's taken the Makelele position & turned it into the Mikel position. Just a shame most don't realise it..

Good player. It will be dumb to sell him unless someone comes with a 30 mill offer.

Other then that, he is a good player that needs to get back in form!

He is a good player but both he and Kalou seem to have gone backwards the last few years and thier progress has stalled. That said they do posess the required ability and hopefully both can get back to the standards that they are capable of...Its a no brainer selling either of them though due to thier age, we have to keep them.

both he and Kalou seem to have gone backwards the last few years and thier progress has stalled.

Completely disagree.

Mikel is our most improved player in the last few years, while Kalou has been as stagnant as the British Economy :whistling: . Mikel's elevated his game from that ill-disciplined teenager who got sent off every other game to a passing genius. He's made the biggest leap to maturity under the Abramovich years, comparing him to Kalou is quite the oxymoron.

Completely disagree.

Mikel is our most improved player in the last few years, while Kalou has been as stagnant as the British Economy :whistling: . Mikel's elevated his game from that ill-disciplined teenager who got sent off every other game to a passing genius. He's made the biggest leap to maturity under the Abramovich years, comparing him to Kalou is quite the oxymoron.

I'm not comparing him to Kalou they are totally different players just a similar age and were signed at a similar time....When I think a few years back he was completely dominating the midfield when he played and I always thought his name should have been first on the team sheet. I really thought he could be world class, granted he could still achieve that as he is not yet in his peak years......

Although id be sad to see him go for a huge price it might be a good move.

What we should do is play hardball put a £40m price tag on his head and see if any-one goes for him (i bet you City will smiliecap1.gif).

Plus if Madrid make a £25m plus offer for Cole we should bite their hand off aswell.

He's a much better DM (true DM) than Essien. He's taken the Makelele position & turned it into the Mikel position. Just a shame most don't realise it..

:goodpost: totally agree.............brilliant holding midfielder................n most of all ROMAN won't allow to sell him as he wants to build d young team with the mixture of some expereinced players n mikel (comes in both categories).........so he will b wid us fr sure............

Completely disagree.

Cosign every single word. The only thing about Mikel that hasn't tremendously improved is his reputation.

Most opposition fans (who probably watch him like twice a year) still fail to recognize the numerous qualities he has and are quick to say he's limited and his game mediocre. That is probably the biggest Chelsea related lie after Cech never being the same since his injury.

Cosign every single word. The only thing about Mikel that hasn't tremendously improved is his reputation.

Most opposition fans (who probably watch him like twice a year) still fail to recognize the numerous qualities he has and are quick to say he's limited and his game mediocre. That is probably the biggest Chelsea related lie after Cech never being the same since his injury.

good post +1

Amen.