Mikel John Obi

Badboy

We have always played Essien ahead of him, we also signed Romeu under AVB, 2 seasons ago Rafa even opted to play Luiz in Midfield bcoz Mikel is shit, he has played 303 times because he has had luck with our DMs always gettin long term injuries, even last season Mourinho had to replace him with Matic and look what a difference it made to our team, the difference was instant. Lets face it that dude is stealing a living at Chelsea, he knows he will be exposed if he goes to another team thats why he does not want to transfer

How many managers played Essien consistently in defensive midfield? Benitez opted to play Luiz in midfield because he was a liability in defence and pretty much the whole of England told him he needed too.

If Jose wanted to sell him, he could. Easily.

But yeah, I'll leave this thread cos I forgot momentarily that Chelsea are meant to have 25 perfect world class players.

Really? Last reports were that he was being shopped for £5 million because no-one wanted him.

His contract is too expensive and his quality is lacking, so who would actually want him? We need one of them shitehouse Turkish teams to come in for him because everyone else knows the truth about Mikel.

How many managers played Essien consistently in defensive midfield? Benitez opted to play Luiz in midfield because he was a liability in defence and pretty much the whole of England told him he needed too.

Luiz was actually a better option in defence than Cahill during Rafa's reign he gave him a chance in midfield becoz he believed Mikel was shit, before Romeu was injured he was already gettin more minutes than Mikel

No he was not, Mikel only started starting when Essien got injured, then when he was fully fit we played Essien, Lamps and Ballack

Mikel was a 22 year old at the start of 2009-10 season. Under carlo he got to play close to 5400 minutes in the 2 seasons. This was despite the fact that we had ballack, lamps, essien, deco, belleti, and then ramires in the next season.

Saying carlo dint favor mikel is wrong. Many a times did carlo say that mikel was very important

Ps- I myself want mikel sold and romeu to be given a chance. But like everything else, if jose thinks mikel is a better option than romeu for us, then so be it!!!

Luiz was actually a better option in defence than Cahill during Rafa's reign he gave him a chance in midfield becoz he believed Mikel was shit, before Romeu was injured he was already gettin more minutes than Mikel

He played him in midfield in the Club World Cup because we were short in midfield after Romeu's injury. Lampard, Mikel and Ramires couldn't play every week, especially as well since we played with 2 defensive midfield players every week. For that system to work you need at least 4 players who can play those deeper roles so if you get injuries/suspensions your well covered. If Romeu was fit I'd imagine he would have stayed in contention for those games and not Luiz in midfield.

It had nothing to do with Mikel being shit as you said.

As the years went on yes, it became pretty obvious he wasn't good enough to be a main man, however, as a squad player I think he is fine. He came in at Leti last season in a CL semi final and was really good, we need squad players capable of that.

We have our bonafide numero uno in Nemanja Matic, Mikel is perfectly capable of filling in when and where.

I really really dont see how his managed to stay here this long, should have left along time ago now his being an obstacle to younger guys who imo are better, seeing him on the bench just means the philosophy will not change for the season, park the bus mentality in big games instead of for once taking the initiative to outplay teams

I really really dont see how his managed to stay here this long, should have left along time ago now his being an obstacle to younger guys who imo are better, seeing him on the bench just means the philosophy will not change for the season, park the bus mentality in big games instead of for once taking the initiative to outplay teams

He is very useful, reliable and stable. He's good at defending as a CDM. Those attributes like good at going forward, great through balls are overrated for a player at his position.

He is very useful, reliable and stable. He's good at defending as a CDM. Those attributes like good at going forward, great through balls are overrated for a player at his position.

No they are not, Vidal can do both attack and defence, Bastian, Pogba, Gundogan, to name a few CDM who can do what mikel does, if you want to see how much Mikel is shit look at how much our midfield improved when we got Matic, his good at parking the bus, Im tired of watching that brand of football we need to be more innovative Im not saying play like Lpool and neglect all defensive duties but at least balance attack and defence like Bayern Munich in 2013 during Heynks reign. Mikel is a symbol of parking the bus that is why I believe we will never move away from that brand of football as long as he is around on the bench because Mourinho will always turn to him

I know that people are all for promoting young players and all that, but seriously, how in the world Romeu better than Mikel? That's almost as ridiculous as the people saying that Chalobah was already better than Mikel and Ramires two seasons ago.

Mikel is s staying because he is a quality squad player who has a lot to offer for the team. Jose wants him here. As simple as that.

No they are not, Vidal can do both attack and defence, Bastian, Pogba, Gundogan, to name a few CDM who can do what mikel does, if you want to see how much Mikel is shit look at how much our midfield improved when we got Matic, his good at parking the bus, Im tired of watching that brand of football we need to be more innovative Im not saying play like Lpool and neglect all defensive duties but at least balance attack and defence like Bayern Munich in 2013 during Heynks reign. Mikel is a symbol of parking the bus that is why I believe we will never move away from that brand of football as long as he is around on the bench because Mourinho will always turn to him

You want Vidal, Bastian, Pogba and Gundogan to be squad players for us?! :lol:

I know that people are all for promoting young players and all that, but seriously, how in the world Romeu better than Mikel? That's almost as ridiculous as the people saying that Chalobah was already better than Mikel and Ramires two seasons ago.

Mikel is s staying because he is a quality squad player who has a lot to offer for the team. Jose wants him here. As simple as that.

You want Vidal, Bastian, Pogba and Gundogan to be squad players for us?! :lol:

wins more tackles and passes it forward much quicker.

but he does not shield the ball, or make clearances as well as mikel.