Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Christ, calm down.

I wasn't suggesting he's "stealing a living." True, he made plenty of appearances last season but mostly when the game was already over. He's not an impact player at all. Like you said, he's decent at a very specific role. A point I've made here a number of times.

I'm just saying that it's strange that he's happy to be a bit part player when he could go elsewhere and be a regular.

Calm down? :blink: Which part of that was aggressive or not calm?

Yes, you kinda were implying that he is stealing a living, or at least that is how it came off: "He must really like his wages." That's a cheap shot and very disrespectful to a player who has served the club for 8 years, especially if you consider that his wages are relatively low (75k/wk) and that if he does move his wages are unlikely to decrease, certainly not significantly.

He had a decent season and he can still be a valuable squad player, I have no idea what people are complaining about.

It's amusing to me how a few posters used to portray Mikel as being 'misunderstood', and those who criticised him couldn't fathom his role in the team.

Fact is that after Matic signed, Mikel played the full 90 minutes only THREE TIMES.

Man City in the FA Cup

Atletico Madrid away

Liverpool away

He's been found out.

It's amusing to me how a few posters used to portray Mike as being 'misuderstood', and those who criticised him couldn't fathom his role in the team.

Fact is that after Matic signed, Mikel played the full 90 minutes on THREE TIMES.

Man City in the FA Cup

Atletico Madrid away

Liverpool away

He's been found out.

Wrong, like usual.

i dont think , he is close to being good enough , to block the progress of our young cm's. has to go.

Likewise, Mourinho, who said “one of the foreign players” - - will have to go before the transfer window shuts, feels his other acquisitions will make a difference:

if not torres, should be mikel. (people like marin aren't included in the 18)

Yes, you kinda were implying that he is stealing a living, or at least that is how it came off: "He must really like his wages." That's a cheap shot and very disrespectful to a player who has served the club for 8 years, especially if you consider that his wages are relatively low (75k/wk) and that if he does move his wages are unlikely to decrease, certainly not significantly.

Also let's not forget the time when he continued to play for us while his dad had been kidnapped - something incredibly applaudable considering how vain and self-centred modern footballers can get over things like a fucking birthday cake. Mikel's no world beater but he's no leech either.

That didn't stop people in the past. They know who they are, how they used to say he was one of the best DMs in Europe, how he was a beast for Nigeria....

and now they've even changed their 'favourite players' selection and don't defend him anymore.

Then you're clearly mistaking something. Those people who actually rate Mikel, myself included, used to visit this thread mainly because idiots like that Phil Driver dude would unjustifiably shit on Mikel after 70% of his games for us.

If you're not acknowledging that Mikel IS a beast for Nigeria when not deployed as the sitting midfielder then you should rewatch the Confed Cup where he bossed every game he played (including the one vs Spain) to remind yourself of what he's doing for his NT on a consistens basis.

It's amusing to me how a few posters used to portray Mikel as being 'misunderstood', and those who criticised him couldn't fathom his role in the team.

Fact is that after Matic signed, Mikel played the full 90 minutes only THREE TIMES.

Man City in the FA Cup

Atletico Madrid away

Liverpool away

He's been found out.

Three huge games where we needed to be solid defensively and disciplined to get a result. Maybe for open football hes not the best but we aren't going to be playing swashbuckling, open, attacking football like Liverpool, Everton, United or City this year. Hes hardly been found out. I'd prefer to keep him than lose him because squads win you titles, not 11 players. Like Cole he didn't play in every game after Azpi displaced him but when called upon he was very reliable.

Three huge games where we needed to be solid defensively and disciplined to get a result. Maybe for open football hes not the best but we aren't going to be playing swashbuckling, open, attacking football like Liverpool, Everton, United or City this year. Hes hardly been found out. I'd prefer to keep him than lose him because squads win you titles, not 11 players. Like Cole he didn't play in every game after Azpi displaced him but when called upon he was very reliable.

CIty we played some of the reserves.

Liverpool we rested about 10 players.

Atletico we had players cup-tied and suspended.

Without him our squad is no worse.

still the discussion goes on...

Thoe most possible move will be torres to atleti, cause we dont need FOUR strikers for one spot. Lukaku was reportedly told he was #2 and because of that decided to stay. Costa is obviously #1 what makes didi #3, so ft will leave if mou mentioned that one player had to leave.

Alghough I will not min dif Mikel leaves and gets into a tem where he is more valued aund suited more to they're style of play, unless Mou decides to go back to 4 3 3, then he should stay... He is not bigger than Mata or Lamps, efen if I value him and think he is very underrated...

I think whilst if we can get a good price for Mikel and he wants to go he'll be allowed too, the club aren't going to ship him out if the highest offer is between 4-6m£. Still think he's of some use to Mourinho and ideally Mourinho would keep him. He was bought out of the dark to play the CL semi final and at Anfield last season so he's going to now be deemed useless and shipped out for £4m to make room in the squad.