Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Well I didn't mean they hate him, but people def have got it in for him when this thread is more active than others who performed far worse. And people aren't just pointing out issues they have with him, if that was the case then it'd be fine, but they are actually criticizing his performance yesterday. And the criticism is pathetic too, like he passed back to Azpi who had to clear has been brought up 10 times, finding the most ridiculous of examples to criticize a decent enough performance. I don't think that is warranted at all. And of course, people can post their opinions, but in my opinion some are obviously hating.

That is just an example of how misleading stats can be. A pass from Matic to Hazard through the lines which forces defences to reorganise and a pass back to a player who has no option but to hoof it long still count as passes completed but are in reality completely different.

The problem is that those who defend him constantly fall back on stats which have little context.

Passing the ball around a bit and recycling possession...really? If we had more possession after he came on, fine. But attributing it solely to him is ridiculous - he was an extra body in midfield. Any midfielder, hell, any footballer worth his salt should be able to do what he did last night: PASS THE FUCKING BALL.

Seriously? If that the defence? Desperate times for the Mikel fans now that Matic is here I suppose. It's like saying Torres had a good game because he ran around a bit. Please.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing Mikel. Imo he is just a good squad player and no one is saying he is amazing. But to bring up the same shit whenever he plays, even after a good performance is a waste of time.

I agree....the problem is when he actually has to get on the pitch.

What I find funny is, the people who are being called as "mikel lovers" have never once brought up the point of mikel vs matic. Infact since all of us are xhelsea fans, I sincerely douby that any sane fan would.

But some are just so eager to (can't use scapegoat, bash, hatr or critisize) pin point (easy out) mikels flaws and limitations that they themselves will start with the comparision.

You've never heard "hating" used as a slang? Not sure why it's so hard to comprehend that your definition of hate isn't the same as mine in the context I've used it in. Hating is often used as slang when one overly criticizes someone for no apparent reason. I don't mean they despise him and wish bad things unto him. Simply that some Chelsea fans aren't Mikel fans.

That is just an example of how misleading stats can be. A pass from Matic to Hazard through the lines which forces defences to reorganise and a pass back to a player who has no option but to hoof it long still count as passes completed but are in reality completely different.

The problem is that those who defend him constantly fall back on stats which have little context.

You're comparing him to Matic, not sure why. No one is saying he's better than Matic, not even close. People are just saying he was put on to do a job and he did what was asked of him so the intense criticism isn't really warranted after a decent enough performance. If it was really just about him then why not make these posts two days ago?

Which is an opinion. If people think he played badly accept that and get on with it. There's no need to wank the guy off and defend absolutely everything people say against him for fucksake.

there's also no need to call he's shite after he plays 20-odd minutes and actually didn't play all that bad

you keep comparing him to matic when literally nobody is saying mikel is better than matic.

it's not at all a case of people jumping to defend mikel on this occassion. it has happened before but not the case this time

i get the people saying he's not good enough. i'm with them actually. i'd sell him off in the summer but why do people have a problem with Mikel's performance yesterday? Mikel played 27 mins and had somewhat of a meh game. not good. not terribly bad.

edit : regarding comparisons with matic, he was not available yesterday. he'll play against Fulham and every remaining league game ahead of Mikel.

there's also no need to call he's shite after he plays 20-odd minutes and actually didn't play all that bad

you keep comparing him to matic when literally nobody is saying mikel is better than matic.

I didn't compare him to Matic at all.

I merely responded to this:

Our prejudices always cause us to voew things differently and this is the prime example of it. Had this been matic, I am sure people would have lauded him for his touresque physicality

The first thing he did was give the ball away when he came on, which obviously stuck in people's minds, I cannot fathom why members believe he had a good half an hour because he performed like he always has and that is with mediocrity - let's be honest he was joined by a number of our players in that second half.

Been discussing his flaws for over 3 years (which is far too long!) and now we have Matic members can finally see the light!!!

Hopefully he will get a move in the summer which will benefit him and the club - then we can all stop wasting our time posting on this thread........

Wow Mikel has been on another whole new level of being bad of late. 3 times in the last month his been brought on to calm the game down, his done the opposite of tht and we have come under more increasing pressure. I am glad we got Matic.

I can't choose between André and Eden. They were both amazing in the second.

I guess I'll honor the hat-trick boy :P

I do hope Willian starts instead of Oscar against Tottenham

I would start Willian too just to put pressure on Oscar who I feel relaxed a bit when Mata left.

Wow Mikel has been on another whole new level of being bad of late. 3 times in the last month his been brought on to calm the game down, his done the opposite of tht and we have come under more increasing pressure. I am glad we got Matic.

If you wanna blame someone for opposition putting lots of pressure on us late on in games, blame Mourinho, not Mikel. His intention in such situation was always to shut up shop and hold what we have and bringing on any defensive player, Mikel or not, will bound to lead to this scenario.