Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Tiote is a ball winning midfielder, a very good one as well, but I'm happy we never signed him because he's injury prone. We needed more aggressive players in our team and Mikel isn't aggressive in the slightest. However Ramires has flourished into a very good ball winning midfielder or box to box type what have you, so we've benefited in the end.

It's not that Mikel is not aggressive enough, but rather he's actually very passive for the role of an enforcer. He should be able to infringe physical pain when things get rough and I just don't see that in him; Toure does that, and so does Ramires.

I like Tiote as well, but he's too much like Ramires, like you said. I'd rather go a for a tall midfielder, who is still more mobile and aggressive than Mikel, perhaps Capoue (now @Spurs). Perhaps MVG is going to be molded into the role (CM rather than DM though).

Bleed Blue and Phil, what is it with you guys' vendetta with Mikel? I'd love to see Mikel get his arse out of this club as much as anybody else, but it's quite redundant and boring to see a post from you guys almost every day on this thread, repeating the same statements on how Mikel is shite or how he is on his way out. We get it, there's no need to keep informing us.

As long as people on here keep on informing us on how good Mikel is and are signed up memebers of his fan club because you think he is "cool" you need to be reminded of his awful performances and lack of ability on a football pitch.

Jose appears to have cottoned on and one day some of you might. There is no vendetta as you put it ,just a knowledge on a footballer who is not good enough for Chelsea,the same statements "about how sh1t he is " are still applicable.

The notion that he should be in the team instead of Lampard is the greatest crime spoken on here ,so get upset about that if you must , as one is class and is brilliant for Chelsea and Mikel is not ,that is why I keep on about it,luckily I have Jose in my corner,picking Lampard and leaving Mikel out. And I fully back our special manager on this .

I have said we were not able to get rid and so I Mourinho can improve him ,but I doubt he can,part of any supporters forum has a duty to out players not up to standard, ,stealing a living and this has gone on too long at Chelsea .

As long as people on here keep on informing us on how good Mikel is and are signed up memebers of his fan club because you think he is "cool" you need to be reminded of his awful performances and lack of ability on a football pitch.

Jose appears to have cottoned on and one day some of you might. There is no vendetta as you put it ,just a knowledge on a footballer who is not good enough for Chelsea,the same statements "about how sh1t he is " are still applicable.

The notion that he should be in the team instead of Lampard is the greatest crime spoken on here ,so get upset about that if you must , as one is class and is brilliant for Chelsea and Mikel is not ,that is why I keep on about it,luckily I have Jose in my corner,picking Lampard and leaving Mikel out. And I fully back our special manager on this .

I have said we were not able to get rid and so I Mourinho can improve him ,but I doubt he can,part of any supporters forum has a duty to out players not up to standard, ,stealing a living and this has gone on too long at Chelsea .

K

Each time I watch him play for nigeria, I just think he made a mistake coming here. How could someone look so different in his style of play. Maybe he won so many trophies with chelsea, but one can imagine how he would have been if he played for a team that gave him more creative freedom than he has here.

Where's Slojo saying how shit Mikel is? Oh wait he's banned :Goober:

Oh how I remember those days how you and all the others used to make fun of me because I said Mikel wasn't good enough.

The Sloth Makalele comments, the homeless comments and all the Zolayes stalking.

It's funny how things turn around so quickly, now about 90 percent of the forum wants the guy gone. That's why you never give up on your opinion, no matter how many people are laughing at you, don't let people actually make you believe that you're wrong, trust your instincts.

Oh how I remember those days how you and all the others used to make fun of me because I said Mikel wasn't good enough.

The Sloth Makalele comments, the homeless comments and all the Zolayes stalking.

It's funny how things turn around so quickly, now about 90 percent of the forum wants the guy gone. That's why you never give up on your opinion, no matter how many people are laughing at you, don't let people actually make you believe that you're wrong, trust your instincts.

you were paranoid then ...now you are just KRAZY :beer:

you were paranoid then ...now you are just KRAZY :beer:

In all honestly I can't deny that I was a lot more argumentative then. I could of argued with a brick wall, even going back through some pages I got angry so easily I can't believe how on edge I was sometimes.

I'm not asking for a medal or anything I'm just pointing out that if you really believe that a player is not good enough then state your opinion and give a reason why, don't be afraid about it.

In all honestly I can't deny that I was a lot more argumentative then. I could of argued with a brick wall, even going back through some pages I got angry so easily I can't believe how on edge I was sometimes.

I'm not asking for a medal or anything I'm just pointing out that if you really believe that a player is not good enough then state your opinion and give a reason why, don't be afraid about it.

you have changed a lot ,,,but still passionate ,,,don't lose that friend

You've just bumped a post that's a YEAR old....Needless, pointless, clearly just trying to start an argument and have far too much time on your hands. That is all.

Not trying to start an argument, I'm making a point how if you stand by your own opinion even if people are making fun of you and laughing at you, you can be the one laughing in the end.

And I'm the one laughing.

The hate towards Mikel is something I just cant wrap my head around. In football defending plays as important role as attacking(chelseas road to CL victory proves this) and in my opinion Mikel is a highly intelligent player who handles the defensive holding DM role very well. He is excellent at winning back the ball, tackling and keeping posession under pressure. Next time you see him play I beg you to look more closely to the passes he makes and you'll realise that he picks out the best possible pass in his position. He isn't passing the ball backwards just to piss you off, he is doing it to keep posession enabling chelsea to come out clean from opponents pressuring the ball.

Also a vid,its an old one I know but look at those tackles, he is immense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T-7T2rza3k