• Abraham
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Give it time. He'll grow into the game. 

I'm more worried about him being in an advanced role vs his natural regista role 

Lets hope so man, yeah the regista role suits him much better

No surprise Billy looks a bit rusty. This is his first match since whenever and even then its been tough for us because Leicester press really well and collectively. Plus he isnt limited to just one position. He can play as a 6, 8 or a 10. He's played higher up for the youth teams with Jody Morris beforehand and at Rangers so its nothing to do with hes only limited to playing as a 6. I do think it really is just more rustiness as well as the expectation he has to perform as good as he has done based off those last 2 games v Liverpool and Everton. Hes still only a kid. 

Our ability to play through a press has decreased since Sarri left. As boring as the football was final third at times, you knew that the boys would be comfortable taking it and there would always be options off the ball.

We can go longer to Tammy but again Leicester probably are happy to defend against him in long ball scenarios. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

It may be that he isn't 100% fit. When he has played since the restart he hasn't seemed that sharp to me. Jorgi I am not that surprised about as I thought Gilmour would start. Real surprise to me is no RLC as I would've thought SFL would want to give him minutes and Willian starting again as I would've gone with Pedro. 

My take is that it's not a training session. There is an important game to be played and won, and I desperately want to see it won. Priority 1 is victory. Resting players is somewhere further down the list. Way down.

I know the counter argument, but I vehemently disagree with it.

If a player can only playing regista he is very limited. Most teams dont even have a player like that in this position. He really is young enough to learn to be a bit more flexible there or he ends like Jorginho lol
Billy can play no. 10 and regista. He used to be a no. 10 in our youth team til Jorgi came and he started to play Jorgis role in our youth team.

By the way, Pirlo also could only play regista well. Still one of the best midfielders of all time

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk