• Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

7 minutes ago, Stats said:

Every ball over the top they did second half, Vardy was unable to outpace the two because both Rudiger and Zouma are extremely fast. They really improved second half.

Oh yeah, if all we require from them is to run after a long ball, they are golden.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

On one hand Ross Barkley performing well is great for the rest of this season but on the other hand it may convince Lamps and our board that Havertz isn't needed.

I don't think it is about Barkley. Havertz problem is his price. 

I like the words coming from the post-match presser. Should fire this team up for West Ham. We have a run of 5 games vs mid-table/relegation teams. Wins here should put us mathematically out of sight in the top 4 race

Just now, Supermonkey92 said:

Lampard says the first rule of football is urgency - he could have been glaring at James when he said that lol

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

James was a disaster. Why he always takes his sweet time to do everything baffles me.

Gilmour gave away possession in dangerous positions about 4 times, Lamps had to take him off, he would have cost us the game at that rate. 

Barkley makes a good run into the box and scores, then behaves like a strange lad in the late stages of he half, underhitting passes and not seeing free players to make us secure the match.

Kova is our only consistent midfielder but he doesn't score.

Chelsea and their woes in midfield

9 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Barkley was, garbage apart from the goalm RLC made three great runs and he played only shit passes to him. Pedro made a great run too, but Barkley shot instead. Horrible player apart from shooting

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Do not get me wrong, Barkley only has his physical traits to rely on, as we can all hear the gears in his head turning (loudly) whenever he has got to do anything other than run and shoot. However, he is also doing what SFL is asking i.e. play with some urgency and get into the box. So, whilst I still want him sold, he also doing what he is told more so than some of the other CM's. For me, I would not be surprised to see - Kante, Barkley, Kova - as our midfield three against Wet Spam. 

14 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

James was a disaster. Why he always takes his sweet time to do everything baffles me.

Gilmour gave away possession in dangerous positions about 4 times, Lamps had to take him off, he would have cost us the game at that rate. 

Barkley makes a good run into the box and scores, then behaves like a strange lad in the late stages of he half, underhitting passes and not seeing free players to make us secure the match.

Kova is our only consistent midfielder but he doesn't score.

Chelsea and their woes in midfield

I said at the start of the season on another Chelsea forum that James looks like a DM moonlighting as a RB. The more I see of him, the more I feel he is going to end up being moved there at some point. 

2 minutes ago, Milan said:

Any word on Pulisic?

Not yet but I am worried. To me it looked like he was complaining about his groin. I did my adductor a few years ago and it seriously took me about 12 months to get over it as I would take a break for about 2 months play again only for it to go again 2-3 games in. Hopefully, he doesn't have something similar. 

Just now, King Kante said:

Not yet but I am worried. To me it looked like he was complaining about his groin. I did my adductor a few years ago and it seriously took me about 12 months to get over it as I would take a break for about 2 months play again only for it to go again 2-3 games in. Hopefully, he doesn't have something similar. 

It was a calf problem.

Do not get me wrong, Barkley only has his physical traits to rely on, as we can all hear the gears in his head turning (loudly) whenever he has got to do anything other than run and shoot. However, he is also doing what SFL is asking i.e. play with some urgency and get into the box. So, whilst I still want him sold, he also doing what he is told more so than some of the other CM's. For me, I would not be surprised to see - Kante, Barkley, Kova - as our midfield three against Wet Spam. 

I mean at least make some decent passes. It is not like these passes he should have played better were hard to play. Just normal passes would be good enough. I do not expect him to make world class passes.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk