• Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

I see rotation for this game in midfield. Personally after the sh*t show the CB's put in on Sunday you would hope one of them may be dropped until you remember what Zouma is like on the ball under pressure and how he can get pulled out of position very easily. 

My team would be: 

Kepa

Dave.      Rudi.        AC/Tomori.      Alonso

Gilmour/Jorgi

Kante.                         Kova/Mount 

Willian.              Tammy.                         Puli

2 hours ago, communicate said:

Can I ask who will run back and defend the wing Mount or Pulisic? 

Pulisic’s a great defender. Was used as a wingback at times Dortmund. One of the many reasons he needs to be a regular starter. 

23 hours ago, Jason said:

Looks like Aguero might miss this game...

That is the third season in a row at the bridge where Aguero has been injured against us.

Blessing in disguise for us as he always scores against us when he is fit. Home, away or neutral venue.

We REALLY need to capitalize on Leicester's slow start to the remainder of the season. Would be great to take some points off of City and rob the foxes of 3rd place and their left-back at the end of the season. :) 

5 hours ago, Lutch said:

Pulisic’s a great defender. Was used as a wingback at times Dortmund. One of the many reasons he needs to be a regular starter. 

Watching Dortmund play that is not really helpful but nope he isn't. I have watched enough of puli this season to say nope. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Spurs aren't catching us, the problems are United and Wolves.

If we get beat v City, it is still very possible because then we will all have played 31 games and the point difference will be 3 between us and United, Wolves and then Spurs will be 4 behind (assuming United and Wolves win their next fixture). If we get a win, it will be much more comfortable in the run in but if not, a draw is maybe decent enough but with Liverpool at Anfield we really need to give ourselves every chance. 

All three can still make the ground up considering people will probably expect us to drop points v Liverpool at Anfield and then we still have Wolves to play who have shown time and time again, are very capable of beating big sides.

Spurs have got Arsenal and Leicester to play yet but would imagine they will get those results. I would be shocked if quite a couple of teams don't take points off Arsenal based on those games since coming back because defensively they are so soft. 

United have also got an easy enough run in bar Leicester, although again I think theyd fancy getting that result also.

Wolves as well really have only got us and Arsenal (who I reckon they can beat on the day without a doubt), maybe Everton throw a spanner in the works but wouldn't count on it.

15 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If we get beat v City, it is still very possible because then we will all have played 31 games and the point difference will be 3 between us and United, Wolves and then Spurs will be 4 behind (assuming United and Wolves win their next fixture). If we get a win, it will be much more comfortable in the run in but if not, a draw is maybe decent enough but with Liverpool at Anfield we really need to give ourselves every chance. 

All three can still make the ground up considering people will probably expect us to drop points v Liverpool at Anfield and then we still have Wolves to play who have shown time and time again, are very capable of beating big sides.

Spurs have got Arsenal and Leicester to play yet but would imagine they will get those results. I would be shocked if quite a couple of teams don't take points off Arsenal based on those games since coming back because defensively they are so soft. 

United have also got an easy enough run in bar Leicester, although again I think theyd fancy getting that result also.

Wolves as well really have only got us and Arsenal (who I reckon they can beat on the day without a doubt), maybe Everton throw a spanner in the works but wouldn't count on it.

I'm sorry but I just can't imagine it, apart from the Jose honeymoon period they haven't strung any real run of wins together all season.

If we conspire to finish below this Spurs side we don't even deserve Europa.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm sorry but I just can't imagine it, apart from the Jose honeymoon period they haven't strung any real run of wins together all season.

If we conspire to finish below this Spurs side we don't even deserve Europa.

If they didn't have Son and Kane back fit and available I wouldn't see it either. Same with United having Rashford, Pogba and Bruno Fernandes all fit for this run in. I also cant see us beating both of City and Liverpool in the remaining games. Just have to see what happens as mentioned beforehand we still have Wolves as well. Hopefully a few teams can take points off those others but I do think it is less likely and we will need to do our part including those 2 massive games which if we do manage to win/not lose, will push us along nicely. 

9 hours ago, Jason said:

So, Spurs won against West Ham. 6 points behind us.

The pressure has started...

Yup. Their draw va Utd really looks a much better result now. With so many teams so close behind us it’s a wide open race

I'd try a midfield three of Kante/Jorginho/Kovacic. 
Mount at RW and Pulisic at LW 
Yes. That midfield was quality in the first half at Etihad. Keeping the ball and making them press and fail may really sap them (and keeping the ball is our best form of defence lol)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk