• Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

42 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The last time Kante played sitting DM against a big team we were 3 down at half time. City will bait him into vacating his position to press and it will carnage, and that won't even be the biggest problem.

If you see Kante's thread Nikki posted a clip where we were struggling to play out against Villa because Kante wasn't taking up the appropriate positions for a pass and this was against one of the worst sides in the league who weren't bothering to press us, imagine how it will go against City? Also as i'm assuming Tomori won't be starting we won't be playing with a technically astute CB which makes Jorginho or Gilmour (possibly both) an even bigger must.

Furthermore Kante's been fine against the big sides at RCM, these type of games aren't where the current issues with him lie.

Both Jorgi and Gilmour? If you ask Jorgi and Gilmour to cover the flank, it will be suicide. 

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I can accept losing to City but i can't and won't accept more games like 17/18 where they toyed with us and we couldn't string any proper moves together.

You said it....not to mention the 6-0 travesty at their ground.

32 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

His highlights were winning the ball back, not leading a transition.....

If he aint starting there then he will later on in the game, especially if we are ahead. I could live with a draw cuz its city but 3pts is crucial if we want top4.

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

That game was due to Sarri crazy strategy to prrss city, it was crazy 

In the other two games we got clean sheets going toe to toe with them, and equally looked good doing likewise in the reverse game this season.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

In the other two games we got clean sheets going toe to toe with them, and equally looked good doing likewise in the reverse game this season.

Yes we did. I praised Sarri and our team when we lost on penalties. We were fantastic. 

4 minutes ago, communicate said:

Yes we did. I praised Sarri and our team when we lost on penalties. We were fantastic. 

It's why i feel reward outweighs risk vs City, especially now we've proven we can compete vs them in head to heads playing our way. Ofcourse i'm not suggesting reckless attack but i'd rather focus on how we can hurt them instead of panic about what they may do to us and shit ourselves into defensive submission.

Just now, Tomo said:

It's why i feel reward outweighs risk vs City, especially now we've proven we can compete vs them in head to heads playing our way. Ofcourse i'm not suggesting reckless attack but i'd rather focus on how we can hurt them instead of panic about what they may do to us and shit ourselves into defensive submission.

I remember that game quite well. We didn't play high line and we pressed sparingly. We were quite defensive but we had an outlet in Hazard who can pick up the ball and drive forward. 

There is no reason to play Kante in the middle against city, city attack through left and right channel and we probably will have little of the ball so we don't need player to cover for counter attack. It probably will be Kova, Jorgi, Kante unless Lamp is brave enough to play Gilmour over Jorgi. 

IMO the last time we played City, they were very2 unorganized, Pulisic got acre of space time and time again but he couldn't produce, cCity on the other hand with little space produce two goals. That for me was the game other than Emerson got destroyed by Mahrez.