Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

29 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Fair enough, I happen to think that there is little chance that these players will be complete busts. For me, they each have enough quality to be, at worst, decent contributors. It is possible though that they won't produce the stellar numbers they managed with their previous clubs, or that they won't improve us enough to dent the advantage in quality Liverpool and City have over us.

A few things: -

1. Had we signed Pepe last summer we'd have been crowing how well we'd done. So...

2. Lets see what impact these two make on the pitch before we talk too much. Therefore...

3. Let's hope other fans don't have reason to boast about the quality their recruitment next summer, compared to ours now. Anyway...

4. People could play that game on us by naming some other big money signings of ours that did not work out.

7 minutes ago, Stats said:

It is not a mockery of them. I am making the point more to the fact that we have signed two top players for a bargain fee. If it doesn't work out it doesn't, however the fee we have bought both for is a bargain considering how good they have been for their respective sides.

Exactly and *touch wood, fingers crossed*, having a 35 million or a 45 million failure is not as bad as having a 70 million flop. I mean, some of us are already saying that about Kepa...

We are on a large spending spree with two top attacking players / strikers already been bought: Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner. It seems that other top class players will be bought, with highly talented midfield Kai Harvetz as one of our main target. What we are missing is a world class left-back defender I would say. But how good is it to have Chelsea making our ambitions so clear to compete for PL and CL again while other PL and European teams are struggling with finance to hire new players!

2 hours ago, Stats said:

It is not a mockery of them. I am making the point more to the fact that we have signed two top players for a bargain fee. If it doesn't work out it doesn't, however the fee we have bought both for is a bargain considering how good they have been for their respective sides.

Understood ...

I don't believe we've signed players who can be expected to become world superstars, but I do think we've signed good players who will produce for us. Whether we have bargains or not can't be judged yet.

Twelve months ago Arsenal fans were jumping about Pepe and and how little they were reported to have paid for him. They completely overlooked the fact that, had he been as good as they wanted to imagine he is, they'd never have been able to sign him. Bigger, better sides would have wanted him. and one of them would have taken him. In our case, if Liverpool had really wanted Timo they'd have paid up and the message he posted earlier today would have been addressed to Liverpool fans. We have to be realistic, and temper our expectations.

I'm pleased with our summer window so far, but I'm not judging the value for money of our signings yet.

Werner, 24, said: 'I am delighted to be signing for Chelsea, it is a very proud moment for me to be joining this great club. 

'I of course want to thank RB Leipzig, the club and the fans, for four fantastic years. You will forever be in my heart. 

'I look forward to next season with my new team-mate

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia added: 'We are very excited that Timo Werner has chosen to join Chelsea. 

'He is a player who was coveted all over Europe and it is no surprise, he has that rare mix of being young and exciting and yet established and proven. 

'We can't wait to have Timo on board, but until then we wish him and RB Leipzig all the best for the rest of this season.' 

s, my new manager and of course the Chelsea fans. Together we have a very successful future ahead of us.'

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

lol a Higs sitting on the pitch like he just ate a whole capon at a picnic

What a horror loan that was, same with Falcao. What the hell convinced JM that he would be up to it seeing how horrible he was at udt.