Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

I actually suspected it was medical related as to the delay.  But I would have thought we'd use a clinic in Germany to do it. Or the German FA docs as Honigstein suggested.

Posted in other thread, if the clause expiry is actually tomorrow and not July 15th, I'd be hoping for some sort of confirmation that it's paid

*** BILDplus content *** Hammer plan before change - Timo Werner in Champions League no longer for RB! bild.de/bild-plus/spor#Sport#News

Removed from their CL squad

25 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Would then join up with the squad as soon as PL window opens. Not sure if he will be available for our remaining CL game tho. 

Bayern 0-4 Chelsea incoming. Werner to score all 4 goals. :ph34r:

32 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

*** BILDplus content *** Hammer plan before change - Timo Werner in Champions League no longer for RB! bild.de/bild-plus/spor#Sport#News

Removed from their CL squad

That seems strange from Werner's perspective considering it would be just a one-off game from quarter-final onward. Anything can happen in a one-off game...

36 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

CL should be cancelled. It is not fair competition this way. Leipzig will be without Werner. PSG without Silva, Kurzawa, Meunier, Cavani... Lyon probably without Aouar and Dembele. Shitty winning CL is a big possibility. 

Totally agree about it being cancelled it should be but it likely wont. Yes it isnt fair but lets be honest the CL isnt fair regardless from the get go because certain league champions have to go through 4 rounds of qualifying to get to a group stage anyway so I mean a few top clubs with 100s of millions worth of talent missing 2 or 3 players isnt exactly a hardship. 

I can also see the argument of if they are gonna finish some major leagues then they will argue that they should play to finish the CL and Europa.

It makes no sense to me already that some leagues have finished early and some havent but if some leagues will continue obviously many will want the CL to as well seeing as its in the knockout stage now.

Clubs all across Europe will be without many players if they dont sign small extensions of their contract to finish like the PL (for example us with Pedro, Spurs with Vertonghen, City with David Silva among many others) and no clubs will be able to register more players for the CL/Europa anyway I dont think.

It isnt going to necessarily be an even playing field but all the leagues should of followed 1 decision to make this easier to decide. In Belgium, Holland, France and Scotland they ended the seasons prematurely and awarded trophies to the teams at the top. Italy, Germany, Spain and now the PL will/have resume games. Its a real mess tbf, UEFA should of said okay everyones season either finishes prematurely and no trophies awarded/award trophies or everyone keeps playing when its safe to do so.

If PSG play CL they will not have the same match fitness as say any German or English clubs who will be resuming league fixtures soon because they wont be playing competitive league fixtures.