Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

56 minutes ago, DDA said:

You're telling me a multibillion pound franchise can't have a medical performed because of travek restrictions!? Nah... not buying it. Timo is holding out to see wether we make the CL or not.

IF we cock this up it will go instantly into the top transfer disasters in modern club history

surely top 5 to 7 and number one for humiliation

De Bruyne no buyback clause <<< I will NEVER forgive nor forget

Torres buy, until Kepa (perhaps) and Drinkwater, the worst buy in club history

Drinkwater buy <<< for sheer stupidity, it is hard to top this in terms of buys, £55+m potentially down the shitter and we all knew he was SHIT for Chels, same with £16m shit away on the Higs LOAN

2018 non sale of Willian for £65m,

2018 non sale of Alonso for £45m

the non timely Courtois 2017 sale which led to the 2018 panic sale and panic buy of Kepa (IF Kepa is a complete bust then the 2-way money lost (panic sale, panic buy)is INSANE, at least £115m to £120m, and possibly more)

Salah no buyback clause

non timely sale of Hazard (only because it is quite possible, if we only end up with £90m en toto, it will be around £90-100m less than the year before,)

Bakayoko buy (he and Shevchenko were the two I got the worst wrong in terms of being happy with the transfers and then BOOM)

Robben premature sale, although he forced our hand and we made a great profit

the multiyear Alex Sando Juve assfuck of Marina

the multiyear assfuck of Marina by the poison dwarf over Koulibaly

Andriy Shevchenko buy (it still baffles me how poor he was here, grrr)

Zappacosta buy

Shaun Wright-Phillips buy (still a WTF??? given the huge price we paid)

Emerson buy

Baba buy

Juan Cuadrado buy

Higs loan, ffs

the David Luiz BUYBACK, zero problem with the first buy and the superb sale, but he never should have been re-purchased, so so stupid

Yuri Zhirkov buy, just smdh

the buy and then non use of Filipe Luís (fucking Mou)

I will not list small priced shit buys, and did not list buys who sucked as players but we made good profit on or nearly broke even

6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

For 55m I guess there are certain standards.

A company I used to work for completed a residential portfolio purchase last week for 300 million pounds....a conference call and video technology.....sale done, money sent

3 hours ago, DDA said:

You're telling me a multibillion pound franchise can't have a medical performed because of travek restrictions!? Nah... not buying it. Timo is holding out to see wether we make the CL or not.

ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME GO JUMP OFF A BUILDING?! :rant:

I'm inclined to agree with you because I mentioned that previously but Tomo did point out that if the Champions League was a deal breaker for him, he wouldn't have agreed a deal with us, as reported by so many outlets. 

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

A company I used to work for completed a residential portfolio purchase last week for 300 million pounds....a conference call and video technology.....sale done, money sent

Yes, next time when you need a doctor exam just do it on skype😁

Matt Law with the latest on Werner. No mention on the medical stuff that has been going around...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/06/12/chelsea-putting-final-touches-move-sign-timo-werner/

Chelsea are putting the final touches on their move to sign Timo Werner from RB Leipzig ahead of an anticipated announcement.

As exclusively revealed by Telegraph Sport last week, Werner has agreed to join Chelsea after head coach Frank Lampard and technical performance advisor Petr Cech made a secret trip to Germany to hold talks with the forward before the coronavirus lockdown.

Werner has a reported £53million release clause in his RB Leipzig contract and it is understood that Chelsea are now in advanced talks with the German club over how the deal will be structured.

All parties are confident the transfer will go through shortly with just a few details to be sorted out between the clubs before they can agree when to make an announcement.

Leipzig are not on the German stock exchange, which means they and Chelsea can choose a mutually beneficial time to officially announce Werner’s move.

Chelsea’s players are convinced Werner, along with February signing Hakim Ziyech, will join the club in plenty of time for next season.

In your opinion, why do you think he misses so many clear chances? Is it a mental thing or a technique thing or bit of both? 
I think it is more mental. Werner may not be the most technical striker, but he has great shooting skills. 1 vs 1 situations with the goalkeepers is probably what he fucks up the most though. I have seen him miss many of those chances. But I also have seen him score those once in a while.

But in this scene, I am not so sure what he actually wanted to do. I think he aimed for the top corner and missed it completely because he got overconfident, which can happen sometimes when you go in front . But he should have made it way simpler. I think he overthinks those situations too much. He has the shooting skills to score those 100%. But Morata had the skills too...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I think it is more mental. Werner may not be the most technical striker, but he has great shooting skills. 1 vs 1 situations with the goalkeepers is probably what he fucks up the most though. I have seen him miss many of those chances. But I also have seen him score those once in a while.

But in this scene, I am not so sure what he actually wanted to do. I think he aimed for the top corner and missed it completely because he got overconfident, which can happen sometimes when you go in front . But he should have made it way simpler. I think he overthinks those situations too much. He has the shooting skills to score those 100%. But Morata had the skills too...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

You had to go to the Morata route, don't you? :lol: One thing Werner has over Morata is that he's a lot mentally stronger and that is already a BIG plus. Plus, Morata has scored only 80 goals in 11 seasons (ELEVEN!) of top flight football while Werner has scored 106 goals in 7 seasons, with 92 of those coming in the last 4 seasons with RB Leipzig. 

Inclined to agree with you otherwise. He could perhaps do with simpler finishes at times I think, like go for placement shots instead of going for power shots for example. But IF all goes well, he'll play under a manager who knows a thing or two about finishing chances. So, that might well help.