Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

22 hours ago, Jason said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This does not tell the whole story. Just because you can, is never a reason for delay. If you want to delay for fiscal reasons, and the clause gives you the time to do that, then fine but the delay would be for fiscal reasons, not because there's a clause. The clause may allow you to do what you want to do, but it doesn't cause you to want to do it.

If the July date is correct (and perhaps that's a revised date as a result of negotiations) then it seems to me that the most plausible reason for waiting is that Werner would like a bit more information about our Champions League prospects for next season. He'll have a better idea about our chances on 15th July, and about how Leipzig's have gone too.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie
To name the correct club Werner plays for at time of writing. (:

20 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If the July date is correct (and perhaps that's a revised date as a result of negotiations) then it seems to me that the most plausible reason for waiting is that Werner would like a bit more information about our Champions League prospects for next season. He'll have a better idea about our chances on 15th July, and about how Leverkausen's are shaping up too.

Maybe but as Tomo pointed out before, if the Champions League was a deal breaker for Werner, then he wouldn't have agreed to join us yet. But all the sources said he has done so and we're now just waiting for whatever it's up with the contract. 

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe but as Tomo pointed out before, if the Champions League was a deal breaker for Werner, then he wouldn't have agreed to join us yet. But all the sources said he has done so and we're now just waiting for whatever it's up with the contract. 

Btw Jason since you are both puli and Werner supporter aren't you going to be sort of in between about werner transfer?

They kinda play in the same position. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The extension of my attempt to make the 15th July story plausible would be that Timo has conditionally agreed to join subject either to Chelsea qualifying for the CL, or Leverkausen not doing so. Of course I have no idea what's actually going on. I'm just allowing the new date to be true and trying to create a scenario to make it fit with what we think we know already.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

The extension of my attempt to make the 15th July story plausible would be that Timo has agreed to join conditional on either Chelsea do qualify for CL, or Leverkausen do not. Of course I have no idea what's actually going on. I'm speculating around the new date.

That would be quite the change from the agreement. And don't you mean RB Leipzig? :P 

38 minutes ago, communicate said:

Btw Jason since you are both puli and Werner supporter aren't you going to be sort of in between about werner transfer?

They kinda play in the same position. 

Yeah and Werner and Abraham also kinda play in the same position. So...

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

That would be quite the change from the agreement. And don't you mean RB Leipzig? :P 

Not necessarily a change in the agreement, just a change in what we think we know about it. Again, not saying I think this is true. Just proposing a way the new information might fit with the old.

I've been writing too much about Kai Havertz today. :)