The 22-goal Premier League striker who Chelsea should be targeting

James

1153331051.jpg.0Chelsea have been linked with a number of strikers over the last couple of months as Frank Lampard clearly looks to bring in extra competition for Tammy Abraham. Olivier Giroud has just extended his new contract at the club, but this could just be so Chelsea can sell him for a fee. Then Michy Batshuayi […]

View the full article

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Jim said:

1153331051.jpg.0Chelsea have been linked with a number of strikers over the last couple of months as Frank Lampard clearly looks to bring in extra competition for Tammy Abraham. Olivier Giroud has just extended his new contract at the club, but this could just be so Chelsea can sell him for a fee. Then Michy Batshuayi […]

View the full article

Huge flaw in the article straight away

Raúl Jiménez is 29 in 9 days.

If we bought him, he turns 30 before next season ends.

therefore

this

His age (again) – 

The first point could also been seen as a negative. However, at 28 he still has a long number of years at the peak of his game, so Chelsea could see the best of him.

he does NOT have 'a long number of years at the peak of his game'

most strikers quickly fall off once they hit 31 or 32 max

especially with the style of play we demand from our strikers

2 or 3 years is not a 'long number'

here are the only strikers still going strong who are over 31yo (no I am NOT going to list Giroud, as he clearly cannot be our full-time striker, which is a basic criteria here)

(Diego Costa is spent at 31, as is Higuain at 32, who already failed here at only 31 as is clearly declining)

so.....
Karim Benzema    
Dries Mertens    
Edin Dzeko
Luis Suárez   
Edinson Cavani   
Jamie Vardy    

even the 31yos are few

Robert Lewandowski   
Sergio Agüero 

Artem Dzyuba   (arguably, but hey, I love him, he is a fucking tank)

that's it,

9 in the entire world over 30 who are still good enough to be our full time starter

and to really drill down, it is only SIX  (the ones in bold) over 30 years old, as there are 3 of thsoe nine who are REALLY up to being our full time starter

as  tbh, not all of those, Dzuba is big stretch, and Mertens is soon going to run out of gas, he turns 33 in 10 days, so will be 34 before next season ends and Dzeko's last good year was when he was 31, although he would make a great backup for 1 year, maybe, as he does turn 35 in March 2021 as was showing a fairly significant decline the past 2 season, at least in terms of scoring and pressing

even if you take 30yos

it only adds TWO
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang    
Ciro Immobile 

29yos only 3

Rodrigo  (barely, as he did not have the best year, but he killed us in the CL)
Alexandre Lacazette    (turns 29 end of May)
Raúl Jiménez    (turns 29 in 9 days)

28yo's  only two (1.5)

Roberto Firmino

Callum Wilson (too injury prone, and not really better than Tammy I think)

so

at total of only TWELVE (maybe 13) in the world over 27yo atm

it is mostly a young man's game

bonus (sort of, and a TRUE genetic freak)... Zlatan, who could play for us, just not as a full time starter, as the bloke turns 39 in around 5 months, lolol

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

Huge flaw in the article straight away

Raúl Jiménez is 29 in 9 days.

If we bought him, he turns 30 before next season ends.

therefore

this

he does NOT have 'a long number of years at the peak of his game'

most strikers quickly fall off once they hit 31 or 32 max

especially with the style of play we demand from our strikers

2 or 3 years is not a 'long number'

here are the only strikers still going strong who are over 31yo (no I am NOT going to list Giroud, as he clearly cannot be our full-time striker, which is a basic criteria here)

(Diego Costa is spent at 31, as is Higuain at 32, who already failed here at only 31 as is clearly declining)

so.....
Karim Benzema    
Dries Mertens    
Edin Dzeko
Luis Suárez   
Edinson Cavani   
Jamie Vardy    

even the 31yos are few

Robert Lewandowski   
Sergio Agüero 

Artem Dzyuba   (arguably, but hey, I love him, he is a fucking tank)

that's it,

9 in the entire world over 30 who are still good enough to be our full time starter

and to really drill down, it is only SIX  (the ones in bold) over 30 years old, as there are 3 of thsoe nine who are REALLY up to being our full time starter

as  tbh, not all of those, Dzuba is big stretch, and Mertens is soon going to run out of gas, he turns 33 in 10 days, so will be 34 before next season ends and Dzeko's last good year was when he was 31, although he would make a great backup for 1 year, maybe, as he does turn 35 in March 2021 as was showing a fairly significant decline the past 2 season, at least in terms of scoring and pressing

even if you take 30yos

it only adds TWO
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang    
Ciro Immobile 

29yos only 3

Rodrigo  (barely, as he did not have the best year, but he killed us in the CL)
Alexandre Lacazette    (turns 29 end of May)
Raúl Jiménez    (turns 29 in 9 days)

28yo's  only two (1.5)

Roberto Firmino

Callum Wilson (too injury prone, and not really better than Tammy I think)

so

at total of only TWELVE (maybe 13) in the world over 27yo atm

it is mostly a young man's game

bonus (sort of, and a TRUE genetic freak)... Zlatan, who could play for us, just not as a full time starter, as the bloke turns 39 in around 5 months, lolol

The problem is are there more younger strikers who are ready to lead our attack?

Lets see...

LaLiga:

Best goalscorers this season: Messi (32 soon 33), Benzema (32 turns 33 this year), Suarez (33). 

Even after them you have guys like Lucas Perez (31) with 11 goals or Angel (33) from Getafe with 10 goals. Only player in LaLiga younger than 28 with double figures is Ocampos (25 soon 26) from Sevilla. And lets be honest, he is nowhere near our quality.

Griezmann is 29 and can play striker. Morata 28 in 6 months and he was already here and we know how that end.

Jovic is lost case imo and you have talented guys like Felix or Isak but they proved nothing yet.

Seria A:

Best goalscorers by far: 

Immobile (30), Ronaldo (35). After them: Lukaku, Joao Pedro, Ilicic, Kaputo, Muriel, Dzeko, Zapata, Martinez, Patagna. That is it. All players with double figures in Seria A.

And on this list only Lukaku, Martinez and Patagna are younger than 28. Lukaku was not good enough for UTD, can be very frustrating player I am sure majority of Chelsea fans would not want him as first striker.

Martinez yes, would be great that is first one for now! Patagna does not look that good and is nowhere near what we need. You have guys like Belotti and Milik with 9 goals (not very good) but many would raise eyebrows over them...

Bundesliga:

Lewa is 31 turns 32 in four months is best goalscorer. Werner and Haaland are dream would take them ofc but we have slim chance. I do not even want to discuss other strikers from Bundesliga.

Premier League:

Vardy, Auba, Aguero three best goalscorers all on your list. After them Ings (27, in a couple of months 28 not good enough anyway) and Jimenez. Mane and Salah are wingers. Rashford is not prolific goalscorer. This season he is great tho.

Kane like we have any chance to buy him and is injury prone.

Jesus yes.

DCL and Richarlison look promising but not ready yet imo for us. Pukki is also old.

Guys like Haller and Joelington have been flops in PL.

Ligue 1:

Best goalscorer: Ben Yedder (30 in the summer) and Mbappe pipe dream lol.

Dembele and Osimhen are most realistic targets for us but I see many are against them and think they are not good enough to lead our attack.

Icardi brings a lot of trouble with him and I still rate Cavani a lot. He did not play a lot this season and that is the only reason why he is not among best goalscorers in the league.

Every other guy from other leagues is not good enough to be first Chelsea striker.

So first strikers for Real, Barca, Bayern, Juventus, Lazio, City, Liverpool are all older than 30. (except Firmino who is 29 in October). So all best clubs in Europe basically except PSG. 

So my point is I think we should be more than happy to buy someone who is lets say 29 if he can give us good 3 years. 3 years is a lot in football.

Martinez, Haaland, Werner, Mbappe would be my first options of course buy it is almost impossible to buy them so we need to face reality.

15 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

The problem is are there more younger strikers who are ready to lead our attack?

Lets see...

LaLiga:

Best goalscorers this season: Messi (32 soon 33), Benzema (32 turns 33 this year), Suarez (33). 

Even after them you have guys like Lucas Perez (31) with 11 goals or Angel (33) from Getafe with 10 goals. Only player in LaLiga younger than 28 with double figures is Ocampos (25 soon 26) from Sevilla. And lets be honest, he is nowhere near our quality.

Griezmann is 29 and can play striker. Morata 28 in 6 months and he was already here and we know how that end.

Jovic is lost case imo and you have talented guys like Felix or Isak but they proved nothing yet.

Seria A:

Best goalscorers by far: 

Immobile (30), Ronaldo (35). After them: Lukaku, Joao Pedro, Ilicic, Kaputo, Muriel, Dzeko, Zapata, Martinez, Patagna. That is it. All players with double figures in Seria A.

And on this list only Lukaku, Martinez and Patagna are younger than 28. Lukaku was not good enough for UTD, can be very frustrating player I am sure majority of Chelsea fans would not want him as first striker.

Martinez yes, would be great that is first one for now! Patagna does not look that good and is nowhere near what we need. You have guys like Belotti and Milik with 9 goals (not very good) but many would raise eyebrows over them...

Bundesliga:

Lewa is 31 turns 32 in four months is best goalscorer. Werner and Haaland are dream would take them ofc but we have slim chance. I do not even want to discuss other strikers from Bundesliga.

Premier League:

Vardy, Auba, Aguero three best goalscorers all on your list. After them Ings (27, in a couple of months 28 not good enough anyway) and Jimenez. Mane and Salah are wingers. Rashford is not prolific goalscorer. This season he is great tho.

Kane like we have any chance to buy him and is injury prone.

Jesus yes.

DCL and Richarlison look promising but not ready yet imo for us. Pukki is also old.

Guys like Haller and Joelington have been flops in PL.

Ligue 1:

Best goalscorer: Ben Yedder (30 in the summer) and Mbappe pipe dream lol.

Dembele and Osimhen are most realistic targets for us but I see many are against them and think they are not good enough to lead our attack.

Icardi brings a lot of trouble with him and I still rate Cavani a lot. He did not play a lot this season and that is the only reason why he is not among best goalscorers in the league.

Every other guy from other leagues is not good enough to be first Chelsea striker.

So first strikers for Real, Barca, Bayern, Juventus, Lazio, City, Liverpool are all older than 30. (except Firmino who is 29 in October). So all best clubs in Europe basically except PSG. 

So my point is I think we should be more than happy to buy someone who is lets say 29 if he can give us good 3 years. 3 years is a lot in football.

Martinez, Haaland, Werner, Mbappe would be my first options of course buy it is almost impossible to buy them so we need to face reality.

Well, we certainly can afford Lautaro (IF no Sancho), the main issue is does he wish to come here? I doubt it.

Fucking Werner and the scousers is what fucks us up. 

I think the best fit for us all around is Dominic Calvert-Lewin. I REALLY rate him, he is perfect age to buy for the long terms, is HG, is pacy as hell, presses, can score enough, and has a crazy motor.

He will cost a shit tonne, but I would take him over Richarlison (and I DO rate Richarlison a tonne, just not at £100m, which is everton's asking price), as he is true CF. I do not see him leaving Everton though, he loves the club, and they (unless COVID-19 somehow scuppers it, but I think it is too far in to stop) are getting that great brand new stadium, plus we has a top 10 or 15 all-time manager in Carlo to guide him.

IF (when? <<<<trying not to be so fatalistic but it looks slim chances atm) we miss out on Sancho, I SURELY would look into DCL and Lautaro, IF we are committed to dropping the huge quid.

the state of play for me, at this exact minute (I fully admit I am apparently the only DCL and Declan Rice fangirl/boy on the board atm):

GK Predrag Rajković or Uğurcan Çakır, keep Kepa

CB Declan Rice (a two-fer, as he can play DMF too, and is great on the ball) plus either, West Ham are fucked financially, so extract him NOW, plus I would grab Gabriel Magalhães or Marash Kumbulla

LB Chillwel (if a decent price) or Telles or Gosens  or Theo Hernandez (2 of those IF we can sell both Emerson and Alonso, which now looks really shaky, grrrr, hell we might be stuck with BOTH next season (plus a tonne more dregs, GRRRRRRRRRRRR)

RB we need nothing here this year, Azpi and Reece can carry the load IMHO

DMF if Kante stays and IF we can sort hi inside Lamps system, then we should be ok, plus see my CB pick (as Declan Rice is a a really good DMF, and perhaps ampadu finally is sorted (he has a broken back now, supposedly, so who the fuck knows)

CMF Saul is FAR too expensive, so Aouar for me

AMF Grealish (if we do not get Sancho, otherwise just rotate more with who we have, as Ziyech is then massively in the mix there)

LW as long as we sort RW, I see no reason to buy here, we have two, young, POTENTIALLY great wingers here in CHO and Puli

RW Sancho or bust, as we now have Ziyech, and it is simple, IF we buy Sancho, Ziyech will play a lot more AMF, if we do not buy Sancho, then I would go for Grealish at AMF, as ziyech will be wn many RW, and Willian is a pure cunt for not taking a 2 year deal, as that would save us a tonne of hassle at RW for backup, IF we miss out on Sancho, and Willian leaves, then Samu Chukwueze is probably the play, or (if PSG can be persuaded, which is doubtful) Pablo Sarabia (another RW/AMF left footed combo player, he was superb the past two years) or even look at Gabriel Veron (17yo Brasilian wunderkind from Palmeiras who Everton failed at buying, and now Arsenal want badly)

CF Calvert-Lewin or Lautaro or, if no goes, then Victor Osimhen (before Dembele IMHO)

I think we fail at most or all of that, lolol, I have such low expectations atm

so assuming the worst

we end up with

one of the lesser 4 of the CF options (probably Dembele)

no Sancho, so either Willian gives in our we may, MAY get Samu Chukwueze (unless Palace collapses financially and sell us Zaha for £40m, lol)

No AMF, no LW, no CMF, no DMF, Chilwell at LB (and maybe not even him if we cannot unload Emerson and/or Alonso), and no Declan Rice, so quite possibly no CB at all (a huge blunder IMHO) and we might even renew the soon to be 39yo Willy for one last go-round (another HUGE blunder)

plus (and this is HUGE, due to FFP) we get stuck with almost all our dregs as most teams cannot or will not pay what we demand, especially with COVID-19 <<< THAT is ALL on the motherfucking board and especially Marina :rant:

20 hours ago, Vesper said:

Well, we certainly can afford Lautaro (IF no Sancho), the main issue is does he wish to come here? I doubt it.

Fucking Werner and the scousers is what fucks us up. 

I think the best fit for us all around is Dominic Calvert-Lewin. I REALLY rate him, he is perfect age to buy for the long terms, is HG, is pacy as hell, presses, can score enough, and has a crazy motor.

He will cost a shit tonne, but I would take him over Richarlison (and I DO rate Richarlison a tonne, just not at £100m, which is everton's asking price), as he is true CF. I do not see him leaving Everton though, he loves the club, and they (unless COVID-19 somehow scuppers it, but I think it is too far in to stop) are getting that great brand new stadium, plus we has a top 10 or 15 all-time manager in Carlo to guide him.

IF (when? <<<<trying not to be so fatalistic but it looks slim chances atm) we miss out on Sancho, I SURELY would look into DCL and Lautaro, IF we are committed to dropping the huge quid.

the state of play for me, at this exact minute (I fully admit I am apparently the only DCL and Declan Rice fangirl/boy on the board atm):

GK Predrag Rajković or Uğurcan Çakır, keep Kepa

CB Declan Rice (a two-fer, as he can play DMF too, and is great on the ball) plus either, West Ham are fucked financially, so extract him NOW, plus I would grab Gabriel Magalhães or Marash Kumbulla

LB Chillwel (if a decent price) or Telles or Gosens  or Theo Hernandez (2 of those IF we can sell both Emerson and Alonso, which now looks really shaky, grrrr, hell we might be stuck with BOTH next season (plus a tonne more dregs, GRRRRRRRRRRRR)

RB we need nothing here this year, Azpi and Reece can carry the load IMHO

DMF if Kante stays and IF we can sort hi inside Lamps system, then we should be ok, plus see my CB pick (as Declan Rice is a a really good DMF, and perhaps ampadu finally is sorted (he has a broken back now, supposedly, so who the fuck knows)

CMF Saul is FAR too expensive, so Aouar for me

AMF Grealish (if we do not get Sancho, otherwise just rotate more with who we have, as Ziyech is then massively in the mix there)

LW as long as we sort RW, I see no reason to buy here, we have two, young, POTENTIALLY great wingers here in CHO and Puli

RW Sancho or bust, as we now have Ziyech, and it is simple, IF we buy Sancho, Ziyech will play a lot more AMF, if we do not buy Sancho, then I would go for Grealish at AMF, as ziyech will be wn many RW, and Willian is a pure cunt for not taking a 2 year deal, as that would save us a tonne of hassle at RW for backup, IF we miss out on Sancho, and Willian leaves, then Samu Chukwueze is probably the play, or (if PSG can be persuaded, which is doubtful) Pablo Sarabia (another RW/AMF left footed combo player, he was superb the past two years) or even look at Gabriel Veron (17yo Brasilian wunderkind from Palmeiras who Everton failed at buying, and now Arsenal want badly)

CF Calvert-Lewin or Lautaro or, if no goes, then Victor Osimhen (before Dembele IMHO)

I think we fail at most or all of that, lolol, I have such low expectations atm

so assuming the worst

we end up with

one of the lesser 4 of the CF options (probably Dembele)

no Sancho, so either Willian gives in our we may, MAY get Samu Chukwueze (unless Palace collapses financially and sell us Zaha for £40m, lol)

No AMF, no LW, no CMF, no DMF, Chilwell at LB (and maybe not even him if we cannot unload Emerson and/or Alonso), and no Declan Rice, so quite possibly no CB at all (a huge blunder IMHO) and we might even renew the soon to be 39yo Willy for one last go-round (another HUGE blunder)

plus (and this is HUGE, due to FFP) we get stuck with almost all our dregs as most teams cannot or will not pay what we demand, especially with COVID-19 <<< THAT is ALL on the motherfucking board and especially Marina :rant:

If we miss out on Sancho...I hope we seriously consider Kai Havertz or Ousmane Dembele though his injury record says No....we cant survive a season with only 3 wingers in Odoi Pulisic and Ziyech considering the fitness problem of Pulisic...