Coronaviral

Vesper

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Coronavirus could kill 'millions' in Iran

Iranian study suggests 3.5 million could die in Iran from coronavirus

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/latest-on-coronavirus-outbreak/coronavirus-could-kill-millions-in-iran/1770364

holy fuck!!!

that is madness

:(

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

― Stephen Roberts

As for the New Testament and anti LGBTQ scripture

(BTW, I have NO clue why Christians follow the Old Testament, as that is a pure Jewish document (even Jesus was simply a Jewish zealot, but that is a discussion for another time). I think so many love it because it has so much of the hate, but that is just my own theoryand I am NOT applying it to you at all)

these 5 passages in particular have been used for millenium to torture and kill people like me (along with the truly wretched Old Testament text sof hate)

Romans 1:26-27

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.  In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men, nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Timothy 1:9-10

We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

Jude 1:7

In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Matthew 19:3

Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female',’and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?  So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

We can have hours of debate on this (I would so rather not), BUT even if YOU are reasonable, MILLIONS of fundie 'christians' are not at all reasonable. They are filled with rage and hate and murderous intent towards their fellow humans like me, all because we are biologically put together different than them. Thank fuck this so-called Gay Conversion Therapy claptrap is being outlawed in most all of the advanced nations on the planet. I have no idea why so-called Christians are so interested in what the fuck happens in our bedrooms, none at all, other than they are power-mad, weak-willed pricks who fear losing their billy big bollocks patriarchal hetero-dominant patriarchy standing they have enjoyed for 10,000 plus years (far before there was an sort of monotheism)

Yeah I understand, and the worst thing is when something is forced. Forcing people will never worked because then your following out of fear and that is not how it's supposed to be. 

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Coronavirus could kill 'millions' in Iran

Iranian study suggests 3.5 million could die in Iran from coronavirus

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/latest-on-coronavirus-outbreak/coronavirus-could-kill-millions-in-iran/1770364

Iran warns virus could kill 'millions' in Islamic Republic

https://apnews.com/6e92d93551ee6c6ae51d0acaaad9eb32

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran issued its most dire warning yet Tuesday about the new coronavirus ravaging the country, suggesting “millions” could die in the Islamic Republic if people keep traveling and ignore health guidance.

A state TV journalist who also is a medical doctor gave the warning only hours after hard-line Shiite faithful on Monday night pushed their way into the courtyards of two major shrines that were finally closed due to the virus. Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei issued a religious ruling prohibiting “unnecessary” travel.

Roughly 9 out of 10 of the over 18,000 confirmed cases of the virus in the Middle East come from Iran, where authorities denied for days the risk the outbreak posed. Officials have implemented new checks for people trying to leave major cities ahead of Nowruz, the Persian New Year, on Friday, but have hesitated to quarantine the areas.

The death toll in Iran saw another 13% increase Tuesday. Health Ministry spokesman Kianoush Jahanpour said the virus had killed 135 more people to raise the total to 988 amid over 16,000 cases. Jordan announced a state of emergency, banning gatherings of more than 10 people, and Israel issued its own strict guidelines.

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

holy fuck!!!

that is madness

:(

Here in the UK the governments science advisor on the virus said 20,000 would be a good outcome for the UK.  Obviously he knows far, far more me, but that figure seems optimistic in the extreme! 5 years ago we lost 27,000 to flu, so no way are we going to keep this down to anywhere near 20,000.

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Iran warns virus could kill 'millions' in Islamic Republic

https://apnews.com/6e92d93551ee6c6ae51d0acaaad9eb32

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran issued its most dire warning yet Tuesday about the new coronavirus ravaging the country, suggesting “millions” could die in the Islamic Republic if people keep traveling and ignore health guidance.

A state TV journalist who also is a medical doctor gave the warning only hours after hard-line Shiite faithful on Monday night pushed their way into the courtyards of two major shrines that were finally closed due to the virus. Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei issued a religious ruling prohibiting “unnecessary” travel.

Roughly 9 out of 10 of the over 18,000 confirmed cases of the virus in the Middle East come from Iran, where authorities denied for days the risk the outbreak posed. Officials have implemented new checks for people trying to leave major cities ahead of Nowruz, the Persian New Year, on Friday, but have hesitated to quarantine the areas.

The death toll in Iran saw another 13% increase Tuesday. Health Ministry spokesman Kianoush Jahanpour said the virus had killed 135 more people to raise the total to 988 amid over 16,000 cases. Jordan announced a state of emergency, banning gatherings of more than 10 people, and Israel issued its own strict guidelines.

Why is it so bad in Iran? 

In general why some countries are more bad then others? Iran and Italy? 

Trump doubles down on calling coronavirus 'Chinese virus,' saying 'It's not racist at all.'

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-doubles-down-on-calling-coronavirus-chinese-virus-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

meanwhile

The Rise of Coronavirus Hate Crimes

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-the-uk/the-rise-of-coronavirus-hate-crimes

People wait on a train platform.

On a Monday night in late February, Jonathan Mok was walking down London’s busy Oxford Street, when he was attacked. He was kicked and punched in the face, a beating that resulted in a bruised and swollen eye the size of a golf ball, which he showed to the world in a Facebook post. Mok is twenty-three and Singaporean; he had been studying for the last two years at the University of London. The attack, which he described in his post, was brutal and racially motivated. “The guy who tried to kick me then said, ‘I don’t want your coronavirus in my country,’ ” he wrote, “before swinging another sucker punch at me, which resulted in my face exploding with blood.”

The Metropolitan Police were called to the scene, near the Tottenham Court Road tube station, around nine-fifteen in the evening. On March 6th, they called the incident “racially aggravated assault” and announced that they had arrested two teen-agers, one sixteen, the other fifteen. At the time, they were still looking for two additional men believed to have been involved, and asked the public for help in identifying them. The pictures released of the two men are difficult to make out; they’re blurry and black-and-white. One of the men wears a thick parka and holds something to his mouth. “This attack left the victim shaken and hurt,” Detective Sergeant Emma Kirby, the officer on the case, said in a statement. “There’s no room on our streets for this kind of violent behaviour and we are committed to finding the perpetrators.”

In recent days, however, as fear and anxiety about covid-19 have spread, other incidents have emerged in the U.K. and elsewhere. In New York City, on the subway, a man sprayed an Asian passenger with Febreze and verbally abused him. Last week, a Vietnamese curator, An Nguyen, posted an e-mail from a gallerist preparing to exhibit at London’s Affordable Art Fair. The gallerist asked Nguyen not to come assist with the booth. “The coronavirus is causing much anxiety everywhere, and fairly or not, Asians are being seen as carriers of the virus,” the e-mail read. “Your presence on the stand would unfortunately create hesitation on the part of the audience to enter the exhibition space.” The Affordable Art Fair later confirmed that the gallery would not be exhibiting at the fair by mutual agreement. (In another irony, many of the initial news reports on the incident used the photo and biography of the wrong An Nguyen, an artist who lives in Canada.)

When I spoke to Mike Ainsworth, the director of London services at Stop Hate U.K., an anti-hate group, he said his organization had seen a spike in hate crimes and incidents reported by Asian communities and individuals in the U.K. “There has been, for our helpline, a significant increase in calls from the Chinese community,” he said. “The incidents range from name calling, through to spitting, through to someone having been pushed in the road in the path of oncoming vehicles.” He called the increase a modest but marked one, “given that this is a community which we traditionally didn’t receive any calls from whatsoever.” He also noted “an upturn in concern and fear” from the Chinese community in London regarding wearing surgical masks. “People that would normally wear masks are now feeling that somehow they would become the target of abuse if they continued to do so,” he said.

In the U.S., the Anti-Defamation League has been tracking racist memes and online activity directed toward Asian communities in reaction to the outbreak. They’ve uncovered lurid cartoons depicting an Asian “Winnie the Flu,” mocking references to “bat soup,” and more violent imagery. “For months, there have been posts on notoriously extremist-friendly platforms like Telegram, 4chan and Gab linking the coronavirus to racist and antisemitic slurs and memes,” the A.D.L. wrote, in a recent blog post. “Users across these channels regularly share racist messages or caricatures of Chinese people, mocking their eating habits, accents, and hygiene.” Some posts, they went on, “appear to be cheering on the virus, hoping it will spread to predominately non-white countries, such as those in Africa.” Oren Segal, the vice-president of the A.D.L.’s Center on Extremism, noted that extremists “use every opportunity they can to create division.” He worried about the spread of racist content as more and more people are asked to stay at home and communicate online. “The fact that this sort of hatred exists in the same spaces where people are collecting their legitimate news—it is a concern,” he said.

snip

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

If this guy are saying that I would also be upset. 

There's no where in the new testament that says such things. 

The fact is that as I mentioned its a sin, but so also is hating your brother, saying false witness and such. And those so call Christians will also have to give account for what they say and do. 

Because the law of christ is love and any Christian who is not living in by that standard is lacking. 

Now love does not turn a blind eye but in warns. Warns you that you are going down a wrong path. 

But I apologize for those that cast hatred to you, I will not do it. 

No point getting upset with people like them who spout such stuff. Just pity them for beiing the way they are.

22 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Trump doubles down on calling coronavirus 'Chinese virus,' saying 'It's not racist at all.'

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-doubles-down-on-calling-coronavirus-chinese-virus-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

meanwhile

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-the-uk/the-rise-of-coronavirus-hate-crimes

On a Monday night in late February, Jonathan Mok was walking down London’s busy Oxford Street, when he was attacked. He was kicked and punched in the face, a beating that resulted in a bruised and swollen eye the size of a golf ball, which he showed to the world in a Facebook post. Mok is twenty-three and Singaporean; he had been studying for the last two years at the University of London. The attack, which he described in his post, was brutal and racially motivated. “The guy who tried to kick me then said, ‘I don’t want your coronavirus in my country,’ ” he wrote, “before swinging another sucker punch at me, which resulted in my face exploding with blood.”

The Metropolitan Police were called to the scene, near the Tottenham Court Road tube station, around nine-fifteen in the evening. On March 6th, they called the incident “racially aggravated assault” and announced that they had arrested two teen-agers, one sixteen, the other fifteen. At the time, they were still looking for two additional men believed to have been involved, and asked the public for help in identifying them. The pictures released of the two men are difficult to make out; they’re blurry and black-and-white. One of the men wears a thick parka and holds something to his mouth. “This attack left the victim shaken and hurt,” Detective Sergeant Emma Kirby, the officer on the case, said in a statement. “There’s no room on our streets for this kind of violent behaviour and we are committed to finding the perpetrators.”

In recent days, however, as fear and anxiety about covid-19 have spread, other incidents have emerged in the U.K. and elsewhere. In New York City, on the subway, a man sprayed an Asian passenger with Febreze and verbally abused him. Last week, a Vietnamese curator, An Nguyen, posted an e-mail from a gallerist preparing to exhibit at London’s Affordable Art Fair. The gallerist asked Nguyen not to come assist with the booth. “The coronavirus is causing much anxiety everywhere, and fairly or not, Asians are being seen as carriers of the virus,” the e-mail read. “Your presence on the stand would unfortunately create hesitation on the part of the audience to enter the exhibition space.” The Affordable Art Fair later confirmed that the gallery would not be exhibiting at the fair by mutual agreement. (In another irony, many of the initial news reports on the incident used the photo and biography of the wrong An Nguyen, an artist who lives in Canada.)

When I spoke to Mike Ainsworth, the director of London services at Stop Hate U.K., an anti-hate group, he said his organization had seen a spike in hate crimes and incidents reported by Asian communities and individuals in the U.K. “There has been, for our helpline, a significant increase in calls from the Chinese community,” he said. “The incidents range from name calling, through to spitting, through to someone having been pushed in the road in the path of oncoming vehicles.” He called the increase a modest but marked one, “given that this is a community which we traditionally didn’t receive any calls from whatsoever.” He also noted “an upturn in concern and fear” from the Chinese community in London regarding wearing surgical masks. “People that would normally wear masks are now feeling that somehow they would become the target of abuse if they continued to do so,” he said.

In the U.S., the Anti-Defamation League has been tracking racist memes and online activity directed toward Asian communities in reaction to the outbreak. They’ve uncovered lurid cartoons depicting an Asian “Winnie the Flu,” mocking references to “bat soup,” and more violent imagery. “For months, there have been posts on notoriously extremist-friendly platforms like Telegram, 4chan and Gab linking the coronavirus to racist and antisemitic slurs and memes,” the A.D.L. wrote, in a recent blog post. “Users across these channels regularly share racist messages or caricatures of Chinese people, mocking their eating habits, accents, and hygiene.” Some posts, they went on, “appear to be cheering on the virus, hoping it will spread to predominately non-white countries, such as those in Africa.” Oren Segal, the vice-president of the A.D.L.’s Center on Extremism, noted that extremists “use every opportunity they can to create division.” He worried about the spread of racist content as more and more people are asked to stay at home and communicate online. “The fact that this sort of hatred exists in the same spaces where people are collecting their legitimate news—it is a concern,” he said.

snip

Yeah that's a shame.

I was going to have a ceremony in Colombia at the end of April. Before this whole thing came about mind you. 

As thing started to escalate and NY got more infected the people from Colombia did not want us to come for that ceremony since we coming from NY. 

That was like at the beginning of March before WHO declared a pandemic. We end up canceling because we thought if this continue to get worse we don't want people get hurt. 

In the end it would not have happen since no one is wanting to flight as things escalated quickly after the WHO statement. 

Anyhow once we can fly I have no doubt they will very suspicious of us coming from NY as well. Obviously it will not be like they did against those poor Asian people but that's how it starts. 

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

meanwhile

snip

The Spanish flu wasn't racist but the Chinese flu is racist.  hmmm....   

39 minutes ago, chippy said:

The Spanish flu wasn't racist but the Chinese flu is racist.  hmmm....   

the origins of why it was called Spanish flu were dodgy as hell too, grounded in war propaganda

Trump and the Rethugs (like his aide who called it Kung Flu) are playing the old racist/xenophobic card in order to drive division and also to try to frame it as 'foreign' in order to try and take remove responsibility for his CRIMINAL lack of action and CRIMINAL turndowns if help that have now left the US face down ass up.

Scapegoating, lying, dodging responsibility, anti-science ignorance, racism, and xenophobia, all ingredients of the mother's milk for the Trumpian American RW.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

the origins of why it was called Spanish flu were dodgy as hell too, grounded in war propaganda

Trump and the Rethugs (like his aide who called it Kung Flu) are playing the old racist/xenophobic card in order to drive division and also to try to frame it as 'foreign' in order to try and take remove responsibility for his CRIMINAL lack of action and CRIMINAL turndowns if help that have now left the US face down ass up.

Scapegoating, lying, dodging responsibility, anti-science ignorance, racism, and xenophobia, all ingredients of the mother's milk for the Trumpian American RW.

Sorry, but this is just another example of today's extreme political correctness and looking for racism and xenophobia in anything and everything. Spanish Flu. Asian Flu and now Chinese Flu. Just common names for viruses and nothing more than that. If a new virus started in the USA, i have no doubt people would start calling it Yank Flu.

2 hours ago, chippy said:

Sorry, but this is just another example of today's extreme political correctness and looking for racism and xenophobia in anything and everything. Spanish Flu. Asian Flu and now Chinese Flu. Just common names for viruses and nothing more than that. If a new virus started in the USA, i have no doubt people would start calling it Yank Flu.

laughable, Trump and the Rethugs are deffo trying to reframe it for xenophobic and racists reasons (and to push the 'its a foreign threat so don't blame me for my SHAMBOLIC response´ angle)

go try your spin with someone who lacks critical thinking skills

dog knows there are at least 250 million plus of that lot in the US

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

there are at least 250 million plus of that lot in the US

Bullshit is the glue, that binds them. Where would they be without the safe, familiar, American bullshit ? Land of the free, home of the brave, the American dream, all men are equal, justice is blind, the press is free, your vote counts, business is honest, the good guys win, the police are on your side, god is watching you, your standard of living will never decline… and everything is going to be just fine = The official national bullshit story.