• Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Giroud
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • James (sub)

27 minutes ago, Strike said:

Chelsea's staff including the first team squad have gone into self isolation. No chance Villa game will be on, highly likely league will be suspended/void - emergency meeting today.

- Simon Phillips

No chance Villa game will be on...talk about stating the obvious! At this point, I would be surprised if the Bayern game is even played. 

I highly doubt the league will be voided just yet, especially when other leagues are only suspending theirs. The PL will likely just suspend the league and evaluate the situation somewhere down the line but it may all come down to the meeting with UEFA on Tuesday. 

Just now, Jason said:

No chance Villa game will be on...talk about stating the obvious! At this point, I would be surprised if the Bayern game is even played. 

I highly doubt the league will be voided just yet, especially when other leagues are only suspending theirs. The PL will likely just suspend the league and evaluate the situation somewhere down the line but it may all come down to the meeting with UEFA on Tuesday. 

Nothing in the Premier League rulebook talks about what happens if league is ended abruptly? 

Just now, Strike said:

Nothing in the Premier League rulebook talks about what happens if league is ended abruptly? 

Don't think so since this kind of thing has never happened before. If Euro 2020 is somehow moved to 2021, then I would think the season will continue into the summer (assuming this virus situation doesn't get any worse). 

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

Nahh we cant play it. They cant carry the league on to many teams effected. Even directly having it or coming into contact with people who now have it.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

If the league does resume on that April 3 weekend, our next league game could be at West Ham instead, with the Villa and Man City games in between postponed. 

Worst case scenario could be next calendar year :drunk: although from what I'm hearing things are getting slowly back to normal in South Korea so hopefully we won't be too far behind.

Never realised how much I've been taken football for granted in recent years till now, atleast through summer months you have a definitive return date, will cherish every second once we get it back, even another 15/16 season is better than nothing.

On a side note if the league gets voided do all the results and stats go with it? Would be a shame for the win Vs Arsenal and especially the wins vs Spurs to get voided now.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Worst case scenario could be next calendar year :drunk: although from what I'm hearing things are getting slowly back to normal in South Korea so hopefully we won't be too far behind.

Things are getting better in South Korea because the government actually took decisive action to stop the spread and combat the virus. Can the same really be said about England or the UK at all? 

Who knows. Had someone at work told to self isolate for the next week as been ill but so far that's it. Work in a nursery and advice from health lot has been stay open as normal guess unless confirmed..and a parent wanted to bring their child in even though siblings been told to stay off school due to temperature soooo not sure about the action part so far.