• Willian
    • Giroud
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • James (sub)

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

Wow has it been that long?! That's bad. 

Yup, our last away win in the league was that smash-and-grab at Arsenal. Since then, 3 draws and 1 loss. 

Giroud

Pedro----------------Willian

Mount

Kovacic----Gilmour

Alonso---Zouma---Rudiger---James

Kepa 

Surely Barkley deserves to keep his place?

I'd pick the same XI, if all are fit.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Surely Barkley deserves to keep his place?

I'd pick the same XI, if all are fit.

That would be a mistake for me personally. Especially if Kovacic is fit. 

Performing well for a stretch of games, hell even two in a row, has never been Barkely's forte 

18 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Performing well for a stretch of games, hell even two in a row, has never been Barkely's forte 

For the Bayern game I'd be inclined to agree but for Villa I'm confident if he's playing more deeper he will have another good game.

I'd prefer to keep Kovacic fresh for Bayern. Our hopes are slim but crazier things have happened.

16 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Giroud

Pedro----------------Willian

Mount

Kovacic----Gilmour

Alonso---Zouma---Rudiger---James

Kepa 

No way we change team who kept two clean sheets in a row. So Azpi will play. 

And we are playing with one number 6 and two number 8.

16 hours ago, Tomo said:

For the Bayern game I'd be inclined to agree but for Villa I'm confident if he's playing more deeper he will have another good game.

What do you mean by deeper? 

One number 6 (Gilmour/Jorginho) and two number 8 is the way to go (like we played last couple of games). Number 8 is best position for all Mount, RLC, Barkley. Not sure about Kovacic. He's probably best suited for 4-2-3-1 but that system is archaic in modern football. 

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

What do you mean by deeper? 

One number 6 (Gilmour/Jorginho) and two number 8 is the way to go (like we played last couple of games). Number 8 is best position for all Mount, RLC, Barkley. Not sure about Kovacic. He's probably best suited for 4-2-3-1 but that system is archaic in modern football. 

When Ross plays with Mount (in a 4-3-3) he doesn't seem to play as advanced as he does when he's the most attacking midfielder, which seems to suit him a lot more. Aside from that little purple patch under Sarri i can't think of a single performance of his playing with 2 of Kova, Jorgi, Kante that he's impressed me, he overthinks things and doesn't seem to be able to handle the pressure of having to be the main guy for end product from midfield.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

When Ross plays with Mount (in a 4-3-3) he doesn't seem to play as advanced as he does when he's the most attacking midfielder, which seems to suit him a lot more. Aside from that little purple patch under Sarri i can't think of a single performance of his playing with 2 of Kova, Jorgi, Kante that he's impressed me, he overthinks things and doesn't seem to be able to handle the pressure of having to be the main guy for end product from midfield.

Yes there's a difference probably because Kovacic and Kante are different type of players. They don't offer much going forward in 4-3-3. But I felt Mount and Barkley played completely same position last two games just on different sides.

On 3/9/2020 at 9:37 AM, MoroccanBlue said:

There is no reason to drop player who play well unless he is injured, tired or being rested.