• Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Giroud
    • James (sub)
    • Anjorin (sub)
    • Broja (sub)

Scary to think that if Willian is inured, Batshuayi will be the only senior attacker who will be on the bench.  RLC may be forced into playing a part. Willian is not everyone's favourite but it is a must he is fit tomorrow. Injuries are actually getting worrying.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

No options for Frank today

Kepa/James Zouma Rudiger Alonso/Gilmour Barkley RLC/Pedro Mount Giroud

Bench: Willy Azpi AC Tomori Emerson Anjorin Batshuayi 

So many players can't play and you put Azpili fucking cueta on the bench?

36 minutes ago, communicate said:

I think the choice is very simple 343

Pedro - Giroud - Mount

Alonso - Gilmour - Barkley - James

Rudiger - Zouma - Azpi

Gilmour-Barkley?

Lack of size and lack of number( or amount, which's correct?, sorry my bad english)

Good luck with that!

25 minutes ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

So many players can't play and you put Azpili fucking cueta on the bench?

Gilmour-Barkley?

Lack of size and lack of number( or amount, which's correct?, sorry my bad english)

Good luck with that!

Care to give me your lineup especially in midfield, because we only have two cm left. 

6 minutes ago, communicate said:

Care to give me your lineup especially in midfield, because we only have two cm left. 

I posted it on page 1. Reece James played a lot of games in the midfield at Wigan.

(Lack of number or lack of amount, which's correct? Could you answer this question, I am learning English, thank you.)

1 hour ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

I posted it on page 1. Reece James played a lot of games in the midfield at Wigan.

(Lack of number or lack of amount, which's correct? Could you answer this question, I am learning English, thank you.)

I think playing CM for Wigan is different to playing CM for Chelsea v Everton although I would like to see him tried there against a smaller team maybe in the future to see how he copes. I dont think this is the game to blood Reece in as a CM, although if he does play there maybe he will do fine but it is a risk too. I really do think it makes sense for Billy to continue in the team in MF and Reece to play RB or RWB depending on the set up, be it 4 at the back or 3 CBs with wingbacks.

Also for your question 'lack of numbers' makes more sense and is more correct than lack of amount in this regard.

Happy learning though, a second language is something I wish I had taken more seriously in school. 

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

IIRC, Christensen has played in midfield for Denmark in the past. Could be an option there if he is fit...

Has played as a 6 for them yeah, maybe he could be given that role if it comes to it. Think its more likely than Reece going in MF today, plus gives us a bit more size and means we can play another CB too meaning we have additional height and size in the team for set plays because Everton have a lot of bigger players in their squad such as Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin, Keane, Holgate, Sigurdsson, Mina, Tosun, Schneiderlin, Gomes, Kean, Niasse, Sibide to pick from. Although not sure if some of them regularly make the squad.

I dont know what the situation with Kovacic or Ruben is, if both are fit I think Kovacic will start with Billy then Mount will play off the front.

46 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think playing CM for Wigan is different to playing CM for Chelsea v Everton. I dont think this is the game to blood Reece in as a CM, although if he does play there maybe he will do fine but it is a risk too. I really do think Billy will continue in the team and Reece will play RB or RWB depending om the set up.

Has played as a 6 yeah, maybe he could be given that role. Think its more likely than Reece, plus gives us a bit more size and means we can play a different CB too meaning we have more height and size in the team for set plays. I dont know what the situation with Kovacic or Ruben is, if both are fit I think Kovacic will start with Billy then Mount will play off the front.

What are you talking about? It's KING REECE JAMES. He can do everything, even be Messi, Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris.

He's comfort and composed on the ball under pressure. He's strong like a tank. His long passing and long shotting is extremely well. He can move and cross like De Bruyne in as a RCM. 

His boss, Wigan manager:

“Reece is just an outstanding talent,” gushed Cook, who is fast running out of superlatives to describe the 19-year-old.

“He’s probably also the best table tennis player in England...probably the best golfer too...he’s that kind of talent!

“I’m sure he will go on to have an outstanding football career, and we’re very lucky to have had him for this period to allow him to grow.”

I'm not joking, look at what he did in the past.

It's my opinion, and I know Lampard never uses him and rates him in as a CM.

8 minutes ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

What are you talking about? It's KING REECE JAMES. He can do everything, even be Messi, Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris.

He's comfort and composed on the ball under pressure. He's strong like a tank. His long passing and long shotting is extremely well. He can move and cross like De Bruyne in as a RCM. 

His boss, Wigan manager:

I'm not joking, look at what he did in the past.

It's my opinion, and I know Lampard never uses him and rates him in as a CM.

Maybe he would handle it but I think v Everton is maybe not the game to try it, never know though!

Frank said after the Palace game about Reece being able to handle playing CM as his career matures if I remember rightly. Think the next game or a few after when we played Lille, it looked like he was lining up with him there in a 3 but we actually played 343. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-boss-frank-lampard-hints-at-future-central-midfield-role-for-reece-james-a4283626.html

18 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Maybe he would handle it but I think v Everton is maybe not the game to try it, never know though!

Frank said after the Palace game about Reece being able to handle playing CM as his career matures if I remember rightly. Think the next game or a few after when we played Lille, it looked like he was lining up with him there in a 3 but we actually played 343. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-boss-frank-lampard-hints-at-future-central-midfield-role-for-reece-james-a4283626.html

Yeah, Lampard said that and he has never done that. Even some minius he came in from the bech, Lampard used him like a winger.

I think RWB is the worst position for Reece James. He's quick, but pace is not his greatest strength. For me, RWB is a runner without brain, King Reece James is more than that. It's a reason he look average in few last games as a RWB.

6 minutes ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

Yeah, Lampard said that and he has never done that.

I think RWB is the worst position for Reece James. He's quick, but pace is not his greatest strength. For me, RWB is a runner without brain, King Reece James is more than that. It's a reason he look average in few last games as a RWB.

I think when he said mature he meant a few seasons down the line when he perfects his game a bit more.

Dont agree regarding RWB, it suits him well and they arent neccessarily brainless either. Joao Cancelo at Inter and also for Juventus at times as well as Cuadrado have put in some very good performances at RWB. Trent Alexander-Arnold too for the England national team. It depends on the player more than anything. Suits some players more than others.

38 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think when he said mature he meant a few seasons down the line when he perfects his game a bit more.

Dont agree regarding RWB, it suits him well and they arent neccessarily brainless either. Joao Cancelo at Inter and also for Juventus at times as well as Cuadrado have put in some very good performances at RWB. Trent Alexander-Arnold too for the England national team. It depends on the player more than anything. Suits some players more than others.

A few seasons? Too long to know.

If Lampard had really thought about it, he would have try using Reece James in as a CM in this season, at least few minutes.

I didn't say "it's not suit" ( King Reece James can do everything). Reece James looks average base on his standard. He could have done better if he hadn't play at RWB.

I didn't mean to underestimate RWB, agree suits some players more than others.

Midfield will be a bit make shift but I expect it'll be mount gilmour and barkley with Pedro and Willian if fit. If Willian isn't then it'd be mount out left and I don't know who would play midfield. Should be an interesting team selection