• Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Giroud
    • Mount (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • James (sub)

Guess one can take this as some sort of positive...

Lampard was also asked on the cause of injury problems this season and while he did say some of them continued from last season (e.g. Kante, Rudiger), he swerved away from answering in depth.

22 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Sturridge has just cancelled his contract in Turkey.

If we pay his wages he can play for us? 

Would you have him back for the rest of the season? I think I would... 

Armando Broja and Tino Anjorin have both excelled this season for the youth sides, and trained with the Blues ahead of the match at Stamford Bridge.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/chelsea-liverpool-fa-anjorin-broja-17848809

2 hours ago, Muzchap said:

How such thing would be possible when the transfer window is closed?

18 hours ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

Chelsea vs Everton is more important than this match.

Christensen, Mount, Kovacic, Giroud, Alonso need rest.

Kepa

Rudiger-Zouma-Tomori

Azpi/James--Jorginho-Gilmour-Emerson

Willian-Batshuayi-Barkley

Yep! As with last week, i'd take 3 points in the next league game over a win in the Cup game.

8 hours ago, Muzchap said:

Defo no to bringing him.back.

He had as much natural talent as any English striker of his generation, but as we know his body just couldn't take the stresses and strains. Also lacked the real burning heart and desire that seperates the talented from the great.

Very much another case of what might have been.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

No mention of what that small issue is for Christensen. If it's another injury...LOL!

Lampard also confirmed Loftus-Cheek will be playing for the U23s tonight while Kepa is in contention to start against Liverpool. 

The Hudson Odoi injury is the most annoying for me, he was starting to really go up a gear in January not only in himself but with his partnership with RJ on the right.

8 hours ago, Henrique said:

How such thing would be possible when the transfer window is closed?

Leaving aside Sturridge's ban, which rules out a move anyway, players who are without a club can be registered outside of the transfer windows. If he, or she, has no club, then joining a team is not a transfer, and so is permitted. I assume fifa would examine any such move carefully to ensure player and clubs are not attempting to game the system.

6 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Leaving aside the ban, which rules out a move anyway, players who are without a club can be registered outside of the transfer windows. If he, or she, has no club, then joining a team is not a transfer, and so is permitted. I assume fifa would examine any such move carefully to ensure player and clubs are not attempting to game the system.

We got the ban overturned Greavsie. We just chose not to buy anyone in January, which is hitting us hard right now.

16 hours ago, Muzchap said:

With the ban, we can't sign him anyway, but if we could I would.

I know that the basic flaw in Studge's game, his greed in and around the box, must still be there. I argued years ago that this flaw is so obvious that coaches would have been trying to cure it since he was a boy. The fact that they were not able to do so before he reached his late teens indicates that it is hard wired into Daniel's psyche. He's therefore stuck with it.

Even so, Sturridge is a better player than Bats and I would certainly have been tempted to offer him a 4-month contract. I think that would have helped us make it to the transfer window in better shape than we will now 

51 minutes ago, Stats said:

We got the ban overturned Greavsie. We just chose not to buy anyone in January, which is hitting us hard right now.

I was referring to the worldwide ban imposed on Daniel Sturridge, which prevents him playing for any club. Technically, a club could still sign him if they wish, they just can't play him. Since we would only be looking for Studge to be a stop-gap solution until the transfer window opens, any move for him is a no go.

In any case, I doubt the club would have been interested. There was clearly a falling out between club and player before he left for Liverpool. In the months prior to that move, Roberto Di Matteo let slip at a press conference that he had been instructed not to select Sturridge. Bridges burnt probably.

P.S. I've edited the original post to make it clear that I'm talking about Studge. Thanks for flagging the fact that my post needed to be better worded.

Anyway... I came here to talk about the squad to face Liverpool, not Daniel Sturridge. :)

Like lot's of us, I always expected Billy Gilmour to be involved in this game so anticipated that he would not play in the PL2 fixture last night and indeed he didn't. What was interesting is that Anjorin and Broja didn't either. Unless I've missed some other reason for their absence, they might also be involved tonight. I think that would be good news for Broja in particular who has been playing really well in the age group sides. Perhaps if we were better stocked at centre forward we might decide that it's too early for him to get a look at the first team, but our squad is what it is.

Tino remains the young player most likely to produce a devastating moment of play, but he is also highly likely to have little or no impact on a game in between those moments. As was the case in last week's Youth Cup quarter final. The best player on the pitch that night, and once again against Everton 23's yesterday, was Lewis Bate.This lad is looking good player.