Hakim Ziyech

Jase

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wonder what's going on in Pedro and maybe Willian's heads right now seeing this signing. They both likely already know they're off. Hopefully Willian doesn't coast for the rest of the season. Probably finally go to Barca on a free.

Ziyech is an upgrade on Pedro and will take his spot.

The Willian one is still up in the air. Lampard wants him to stay and if he does stay, then I highly doubt we'll sign Sancho (or even Boga for that matter). 

Just a bit worried if he'll need a period of adaptation which at the age he's at he can't really be afforded because the physicality of the Premier League will probably come as a culture shock.

Having said that from what I've seen of him, and also what I've heard about him, he's a hard worker too and prepared to press and run, not just pleasant on the eye. A left footed attacker is also a big plus, allowing for more variation and options for Lampard moving forward.

I think whichever way you look at this though, a player who has torn up his league the last couple of seasons and played very well in Europe too, to be able to pick up for not much over £30m represents excellent value for business.

It also emphasises the transfer signings we've made since the summer of 2018, that we are focusing on players who will suit a more expansive, attacking mentality to the one previously used by the club.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Buy him back and then sell him for triple the price. :ph34r:

If we do sign Boga back, then we're definitely not signing Sancho! 

Boga is just too good. I have watched him couple of times at Sassuolo this season and he is the real deal.

4 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

My colleagues (Bayern fans) are absolutely gutted to have missed out on him. Great player for a very reasonable fee. 

We paid less for him than we got for Oscar !!! Let that sink in. 

I’ll do you one better we paid less for Ziyech then we did for Drinkwater.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Wonder what's going on in Pedro and maybe Willian's heads right now seeing this signing. They both likely already know they're off. Hopefully Willian doesn't coast for the rest of the season. Probably finally go to Barca on a free.

Both have been coasting for two seasons now with a good game here and there.

My colleagues (Bayern fans) are absolutely gutted to have missed out on him. Great player for a very reasonable fee. 
We paid less for him than we got for Oscar !!! Let that sink in. 
All the Bayern fans I know hate their Board for missing out on Ziyech haha

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Great deal. Nowadays you normally can't get real quality for that "little". Good start, now hopefully the board will keep it up and sign at least a striker and a left-back, Ziyech alone won't make us competitive.