• Mount
    • Pedro
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Abraham
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

24 minutes ago, chippy said:

I didn't see the game but I gather Grealish was exceptional and better than Maddson.

Wonder if it's true about us looking to sign Grealish? We are desperately short of a player who makes a lot of good passes in the final third of the pitch!

Grealish would be a monster here

I am fully convinced on him

super hardcore competitor too

never shuts down

never gives up

only issue is that he literally IS Villa

if they stay up he will not want to leave

1 hour ago, chippy said:

I didn't see the game but I gather Grealish was exceptional and better than Maddson.

Wonder if it's true about us looking to sign Grealish? We are desperately short of a player who makes a lot of good passes in the final third of the pitch!

Grealish was on fire during the game. Not just his play, but his intensity had to rub off on his teammates. At one point when they were on the attack one of his teammates rolled the ball out of bounds for a not so hurt Leicester player. Grealish was very unhappy and let it show.   I understand why, they had a chance for a real charge at goal, roll the ball out after the attempt.

6 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Grealish was on fire during the game. Not just his play, but his intensity had to rub off on his teammates. At one point when they were on the attack one of his teammates rolled the ball out of bounds for a not so hurt Leicester player. Grealish was very unhappy and let it show.   I understand why, they had a chance for a real charge at goal, roll the ball out after the attempt.

I must admit that I haven't paid too much attention to him because what I had seen of him he seemed to me like a bit of a lightweight showpony.

By most accounts he's a lot more than that, so I've got it badly wrong...as usual.

Just now, chippy said:

I must admit that I haven't paid too much attention to him because what I had seen of him he seemed to me like a bit of a lightweight showpony.

By most accounts he's a lot more than that, so I've got it badly wrong...as usual.

he got a lot of stick because of his hair and socks

which I admit I engaged in a bit, and was an idiot to fall into that trap

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

Grealish would be a monster here

I am fully convinced on him

super hardcore competitor too

never shuts down

never gives up

only issue is that he literally IS Villa

if they stay up he will not want to leave

Mr Villa or not. Money talks for both club and player.

Imho, if he really is all that, in his position he would be more important to us than Sancho (especially  as we already have two young wide players) so I'd be happy to see us pay over the top money for him.

1 hour ago, chippy said:

Mr Villa or not. Money talks for both club and player.

Imho, if he really is all that, in his position he would be more important to us than Sancho (especially  as we already have two young wide players) so I'd be happy to see us pay over the top money for him.

a absolutely perfect (meaning it will never happen, lol) window for summer 2020 for me would be

again this is absolutely the best possible outcome (and assumes we do not get Werner or Chilwell, chillwell being a waste of money at £80m anyway)

GK Dean Henderson or Predrag Rajkovic (Manure will probably never sell Henderson to us though)

CB Caglar Söyüncü  or if he is impossible, Diego Carlos (sell AC)

LB any TWO of Telles, Gosens, Theo Hernandez, Grimaldo, Alaba, or Alphonso Davies (sell Alonso and Emerson) Gaya is too pricey, the rest not listed are below those or simply not available

RB leave it be

DMF Declan Rice or Camavinga

CMF Saul or a far far less expensive 18yo, Ryan Gravenberch

AMF Grealish

Wingers Sancho, Ziyech

CF Dembele or Calvert-Lewin and finally for 3rd string Josh Maja

sell Kante and then all the remaining dregs

DO NOT NOT NOT NOT renew that fucking prat Willian, fuck him and his 20m quid for two years salary demands at 32 and 33yo!!!

net cost, ONLY including the sales of Kante, Alonso, AC, and Emerson (obviously we have a shit tonne more from other sales built up)

is well well under £400m WITH Saul, under £350m if Gravenberch

when you add in all the rest of the sales we have done and will do

well under £200m quid total net

FOR ALL

zero jokes (and that is with massive prices on the buys)

but because we fuck about window after window

we will never get it all done in one window

but there would be my team (when you add in the rest we will keep)

ZERO of the players I listed are impossible (Werner is IMHO)

the two hardest would be Sancho and Caglar Söyüncü (as Leicester will fight like crazy to keep him), with Calvert-Lewin (if we went for him or Dembele) and Grealish being very rough as well

the first I would give up would be Saul (and grab Gravenberch) and Declan Rice (and grab Camavinga, which is my preference, but Lamps and the board are obsessed with Rice)

plus IF we did all rest, I would not freak out if we didn't touch our CB's this summer (so no Söyüncü, which lowers the cost total by around £35-40m (as no spend of £75m, but also no sale of AC) and no Diego Carlos as the 2nd option if we miss out on Söyüncü

18 hours ago, Vesper said:

That's right if this is true, it's fucking scandalous.

Surely we're not back to lurching from one disaster to another.

Why the fuck have we not sorted out the striker problem in the transfer window, they've had enough time FFS.

3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

That's right if this is true, it's fucking scandalous.

Surely we're not back to lurching from one disaster to another.

Why the fuck have we not sorted out the striker problem in the transfer window, they've had enough time FFS.

Cuz we are run like crap.....we wont sort out our issues until we go through the board room with a flamethrower. You will never have a good team until that is sorted, it starts up there.

Manchester United fans are preparing to walk out of Saturday's Premier League match against Wolves in protest against the club's owners.

I think it's about time we did this, let them know exactly how we feel about the mess they've got us into.

Although i won't be able to go to the game, I would certainly go there to support the demo.

Once the permits for the new stadium are allowed to expire,  it is time to start demanding Roman sell the club, If we also have one last bad summer (2020, which is now an insanely hard overall pull) window. We are that and a few non sales, CL misses, and contractual cock-ups away from becoming a semi-permanent midtable team by 2023 at the latest.