• Mount
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Abraham
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

54 minutes ago, Jason said:

So, Newcastle cruised to a 4-1 win over Rochdale. Almiron scored his 3rd goal in as many games and Joelinton got his 1st since August...

Add to that we always seem to lose at St James Park. Will make for an interesting weekend

23 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Add to that we always seem to lose at St James Park. Will make for an interesting weekend

We won last season there with 81% possession. But yeah, tricky game as usual. 

I'm waiting until I see the lineup until I decide how confident or not I am for this.

Same lineup as Burnley (give or take Barkley/Kova and maybe at a push Azpi/Alonso) and I think we'll have far too much for them. However if Lampard decides to break up the CHO/James partnership down the right, shoehorn Kante straight back in the side, give Emerson another chance or god for bid all three we could be in for a long frustrating game.

Going by Lampard's presser, think only Pulisic and obviously Loftus-Cheek are not available for this game. No mention of Alonso, Kante etc.

Pulisic will likely return in early February, meaning he should be good to go again after the mini winter break and Loftus-Cheek could train with the first team again after that break (he's currently training with the youth teams to build his fitness).

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

NUFC: Two Stars Return As Six Ruled Out For Chelsea

https://www.nufcblog.com/2020/01/17/two-stars-return-as-six-ruled-out-for-chelsea/

I like the poll at the bottom. Even their fans are predicting a loss.

Don't think Newcastle have been atrocious lately so I don't expect this to be a straightforward 3 points by any means. Especially if they have St. Maximin back fit who, much like Zaha, can cause a major headache for any team with his pace and dribbling.

If we do win though this has the potential to be a fantastic weekend. Think both Liverpool and Watford will beat United and Spuds. Arse could easily lose as well.

43 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Especially if they have St. Maximin back fit who, much like Zaha, can cause a major headache for any team with his pace and dribbling.

Hopefully Lampard instructs Rudiger or Tomori to give Saint-Maximin special attention during the game. I'm guessing our FB pair will be Reece at RB and Azpi at LB, with them going forward every time available. This can leave Saint-Maximin a lot of space to run into with the ball at the counter. Also, if up against Azpi he could have some joy dribbling around him.