• Azpilicueta
    • Jorginho
    • Barkley
    • Mount
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Willian
    • Abraham

Just now, Muzchap said:

Seriously without Mount we are shit up front.

I don't get why he is slated so much.

He works fucking hard and is always driving forward.

We are much worse without him - thank fuck Frank agrees on this 👍

His pressing is good 

Kovacic is a better mid, and Jorginho/Kante are mainstays.    I like Mount, i just dont think he is better than any of those i mentioned.  Barkley was the best midfielder today, though

Just now, Pizy said:

Mount could've scored twice today. Not sure why anyone is critical of him. He was great, as were Willian, Barkley, and CHO. Tammy could've had a hattrick if he was a tad more composed.

its not criticising him today  Just an opinion that i think Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante are all ahead of him the pecking order for the starting 11. Therefore i wouldnt start him every single week. 

6 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

its not criticising him today  Just an opinion that i think Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante are all ahead of him the pecking order for the starting 11. Therefore i wouldnt start him every single week. 

No way - they don't offer anything he does.

Do you actually see him running forward and taking the ball with him, his constant pressing and dragging defenders with him?

Honestly,  without him - we allow teams to press us deeper leading to conceding. Happens every time.

25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the three clubs that surely deserve to go down

Norwich

Burnley

Bournemouth

Agree on first two. But Bournemouth has a lot of injury issues. They are easily mid table with full squad I think. Would rather have Brighton down. 

couldn't watch the game but im glad we took care of things at the Bridge for a change and with a clean sheet as a bonus. Lets hope we can build on from this, these are the type of games we should be winning more often, we are too hot and cold this season, its expected i guess. Cheers

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

games like Southampton, Burnley or Everton which should be comfortable for us we keep fucking up. But sides that are usually super uncomfortable to play like Burnley, Spurs, Wolves we have whopped so far. It is a really enigmatic season.

Burnley being a tough game is a massive myth, their record against the big six is abysmal.

14 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

When was the last time we played a PL game and made no subs? 

Chelsea have not made a substitution in a match for the first time since the Europa League final in May 2013. 

That ends a run of 366 games. 

The last time this happened in a league game was in October 2009, when Carlo Ancelotti let all his starters see out a second 4-0 victory over Bolton Wanderers in the space of three days.

13 hours ago, Muzchap said:

Seriously without Mount we are shit up front.

I don't get why he is slated so much.

He works fucking hard and is always driving forward.

We are much worse without him - thank fuck Frank agrees on this 👍

I think the issue most have with him is that he exhibits too little creativity at times

I think he will improve there

I absolutely see his value on the press, he is pretty unique amongst EPL AMF's in that regard

probably the best atm

there are only a few who are good at it

De Bruyne

Almiron

Maddison

Grealish (Villa are not a huge press team though)

David Brooks (when healthy)

and when he is the mood for it (which is not often as it used to be) Alli

David Silva is too old and has lost pace and Bernardo Silva plays mostly at RW now

14 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

none of those 3 are truly attacking players though

a MF of 

Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante

is asking for trouble in many games

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think the issue most have with him is that he exhibits too little creativity at times

I think he will improve there

I absolutely see his value on the press, he is pretty unique amongst EPL AMF's in that regard

probably the best atm

there are only a few who are good at it

De Bruyne

Almiron

Maddison

Grealish (Villa are not a huge press team though)

David Brooks (when healthy)

and when he is the mood for it (which is not often as it used to be) Alli

David Silva is too old and has lost pace and Bernardo Silva plays mostly at RW now

I'm not sure what's happened to his creative side, although I don't think it's declined as much as made out as he still has reasonably healthy numbers with key passes.

While I accept the difference in level, when he was with the youth team and Vittese he was creating at will.

Maybe working with Lampard has changed him a bit and he wants to focus more on scoring himself. That plus the intense workrate Frank demands may have stifled his creative side a bit.

14 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

happy birthday mate, you are one of the lucky ones, enjoy ;) 

the last time we lost on my birthday was in 2009, away to Blackburn, on pens , in the League Cup  :(

2 wins since

Fulham  2 nil in 2018

and Newcastle 3 1 in 2017

both at the Bridge

and

in 1995 we drew 1 1 at Old Trafford v Manure

and the day I was born, in 1992, we drew away at Everton 2 2

so

a mixed bag for me (my entire life has been in the EPL era)

2 wins, 2 draws 1 loss

8 out of possible 15 points is shite, lololol