Tariq Lamptey

MoroccanBlue

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He wanted to start matches, but Azpi is our captain and RJ was our youth captain with CS experience, so Lamptey did not want to renew because he clearly is an intelligent guy. Chelsea would have wasted his time by playing Azpi and RJ all the time instead of him, even though his characteristics are hard to find in a full back

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Regardless of whether Azpi is the captain or not, it was always gonna be impossible to commit ourselves to 2 right backs, who both happened to be of similar age, moving forward when both would want to play week in week out.

13 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He always was this good. That is why i wanted him to stay because finding guys with the skill sets of Lamptey is really hard

We can't actually be blamed for losing him. We have Reece James who is literally one year older and is also a fantastic prospect. Lamps was bringing him in gradually too. He brought him on in a huge game against Arsenal when we were 1-0 down. But it is just Reece James. I am sure Lamptey would of loved to work under Lamps also. A lot of players in his position would hhave signed the contract we offered, so fair play to him. It is annoying but we actually couldnt do much more in this case.

The main thing he's got that Reece doesn't is that hyper-aggressive mentality. Lamptey wants to take his man on every time he gets the ball and is always looking to sprint down the channels. Reece is more easy going and cautious.

Think the only question that has to be answered for Lamptey is how well he holds up physically over a long season due to his tiny size. Once opponents figure out how good he is they'll start targeting him. We'll see if he can handle that. 

Lightning pace + confident, aggressive attitude is a deadly combo, though.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The main thing he's got that Reece doesn't is that hyper-aggressive mentality. Lamptey wants to take his man on every time he gets the ball and is always looking to sprint down the channels. Reece is more easy going and cautious.

Think the only question that has to be answered for Lamptey is how well he holds up physically over a long season due to his tiny size. Once opponents figure out how good he is they'll start targeting him. We'll see if he can handle that. 

plus work out ways to exploit his near dwarf size

that was always my big concern

yes, I know, I am the female Mou about taller players, lololol

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The thing is he has an excellent, low centre of gravity. Saint-Maximim has ran against him a couple of times and Lamptey has done well and Wilson looked like he was in the clear and Lamptey made a brilliant challenge. Decent leap too. But yeah I love his hyper-aggressive mentality. A joy to watch.

When I look at todays match, he gets fouled a lot with bad fouls on him and he still plays amazing.
RJ is way more injury prone than Lamptey btw.

Even if we do go try to bring him back I doubt he even considers it. He'll want to be a guaranteed starter every week.

Would be silly if we didn't negotiate first refusal at the very least since we know the club and Frank rate him. It's not as though we thought he wasn't good enough. We did rate him highly. 

Wonder if there's any ill feelings from Tariq that we chose Reece over him.

Even if we do go try to bring him back I doubt he even considers it. He'll want to be a guaranteed starter every week.
Would be silly if we didn't negotiate first refusal at the very least since we know the club and Frank rate him. It's not as though we thought he wasn't good enough. We did rate him highly. 
Wonder if there's any ill feelings from Tariq that we chose Reece over him.

The whole thing is just an unfortunate situation. James vs Lamptey, it’s harder than rocket science.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

RJ better deliver this season, otherwise it will feel like another de Bruyne situation the way things are going - real talk.

Jesus I would at least let the two of them develop a bit more before throwing such a comparison in. Both are good prospects but a de Bruyne situation lets not get ahead of ourselves yet, Tariq has played like 8 games for Brighton since going there.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Lamptey has performed well for Brighton since he signed. Bossed Arsenal last season, and you saw how he did against us last week.

You say it's too early, but that's how it starts. When we sold de Bruyne, we didn't know that he was going to be WC as he is today.

If it is a full season worth of good performances yes start freaking out then but a game v Arsenal (for us? like a 20 minute cameo?) and another decent showing vs us (lets be honest former clubs, most players seem to do really well against them) while it can be a sign it also means nothing if the guy has a stinker the rest of the season.

This may be how it starts but I doubt after 8 or 9 games any club has ever thought they have cocked up selling a kid. Give the guy a chance to develop nicely at his own rate and also give Reece a chance weve not even played 2 games yet this season. 

Yes nobody maybe foreseen KDB turning out world class (again I doubt that was the case there were many on here who did see him becoming world class) but we sold him when he had played over 100 games for Genk, for the Belgian NT and a full season in the Bundesliga. The failure to integrate him or use him more was a mistake obviously based on how hes turned out but does that mean you think Lamptey is going to turn out world class? Based on the whole 10 games hes played at club level? Because that sounds like what you are hinting at and after 10 club games in the space of 7 months that is a ridiculous claim. Let the guy develop, same with our youngsters.