• Kante
    • Jorginho
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

Most of our players are technically sound when they're in space but when they're pressed tightly they struggle. Only Willian and Kova are excellent under close pressure. Pulisic gets bowled over often and both Mount and Tammy regularly have loose touches.

If we buy an attacker this month they need to be excellent in that regard. I know people here don't care much for him, but Zaha is one of those players.

But Jorginho is the one sitting at the moment and Kante is the one going forward. The latter isn't even doing anything meaningful to threaten in the final third. 

I've seen him win the ball a few times in the final third. I just can't accept this side to be solid defensively against anyone without Kante.

Kante should just be at DMF whilst the other two fight for the position further ahead.

happy new year everyone.

abraham who always throws his hands up, punching and kicking the air whenever the ball is not directly passed to his head or feet is that selfish in that counter attack actually triggered me so much. hate playing with people like him.

The definition of useless:

Kante with Azpi on the left running a counter. Multiple times now.  Horrific LB play by Azpi and pointless meanderings by Kante.

Wasted opportunity after wasted opportunity. Kante serves no great purpose other than keeping our best MFer atm, in Kovacic, on the bench. Each day I move more firmly into the sell camp. He is a middling CMF in our style and formations. Square peg, round hole. He has overall poor for weeks with a few exceptions. Our fall in form coincided with Kante's return, more or less.

Flame away, until I see evidence that all this has changed, I am not changing my mind.