• Jorginho
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

But that is not the point. I have never watched any of youngster play before this. 

I almost never criticized our youngster because I know that they will be inconsistent but I have been critical with Lamp squad management. Tammy has started too many games. We have 3 strikers these season. Lamp has decided to freeze out Giroud, I may disagree but that is fine but he need to play michy. It is the similar with Pedro. 

Take today's game. I won't criticize Puli or CHO performance but we can certainly use Giroud today to give us more control in the 2nd half. 

So are you saying then that because the young players are better than you anticipated we should be doing better than fourth?

I can understand Lampard not playing Bats much, he's not good enough. Tammy has been inconsistent recently but the drop off when Bats starts or comes on for him is clear. I'm all for getting a replacement for Bats and Giroud who is going to either challenge or be capable of playing alongside Tammy when the situation permits.

I know that it's difficult to expect the likes of Giroud and Pedro to perform when they are given chances because they're not playing regularly but both have really looked their age this season and I think where Lampard wants the team to play and press with pace and energy the two simply don't fit into his plans. Maybe you're right with Giroud being an option to hold the ball up and take away the pressure when we're winning a tight game, but I guess then that comes down to Lampard deciding what is best to have on the bench - someone maybe better to defend a lead or someone maybe better to chase a goal. I don't think you can have both on the bench because they are both such one dimensional players, it takes away from the flexibility you can have with the other options on the bench.

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kante is playing poorly this year, regardless of where he has been played (which, by playing him out of positional role, is not helping matters)

If one ONLY looks at this season, it is only the most sycophantic of fanboys and fangirls who would claim he is remotely near WC level.

He is simply far too often a liability on the pitch at a multiplicity of levels. He was very poor today yet again.

I have to laugh at the statmasters who trot out their precious metrics game and game to justify high praise in the multiple games where even a cursory watch of the actual action shows that to be utter bollocks.

Square peg, round hole.

Has Kante been his brilliant self consistently this season? Nope that is obvious. Is he still a fine player? Absolutely. 

What do people mean by wrong position? My brain hurt every time people say that. We have Jorginho, Kante and  Kovacic in midfield. When jorgi is on the floor, he cannot play double pivot. This is obvious. So kante will play more advanced role. When kante play with kova, he play as double pivot. If you want kante to sit deep, you better have Fabregas in your team. 

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kante is playing poorly this year, regardless of where he has been played (which, by playing him out of positional role, is not helping matters)

If one ONLY looks at this season, it is only the most sycophantic of fanboys and fangirls who would claim he is remotely near WC level.

He is simply far too often a liability on the pitch at a multiplicity of levels. He was very poor today yet again.

I have to laugh at the statmasters who trot out their precious metrics game and game to justify high praise in the multiple games where even a cursory watch of the actual action shows that to be utter bollocks.

Square peg, round hole.

His best position has always been in a midfield two in my opinion. It's where he excelled at Leicester, and with us alongside Matic.

I just think the style of play we're trying to implement doesn't suit his game. Those two teams were built to counter attack. It suited his attributes to win the ball back and help the team get up the pitch quickly. The last two seasons he's being expected to help build attacks, etc and it's not a strength of his.

It is ironic that we were much better earlier in the season when we had even less options than we do now and key players such as Kante and Rudiger out. It was almost that the players then knew it was just up to them to win games. Now it seems like too many (and it seems to be different players each time, not just the same culprits) are almost waiting and expecting another player to pull something out of the bag and it's not happening enough, with the exception of perhaps Willian against Spurs and Jorginho against Arsenal.

That is a mentality issue that needs correcting but it's nothing new. This has been our biggest issue for years with Hazard in the squad, others not prepared to take some responsibility themselves and just too easy to give the ball to the best player and hope he makes something happen.

4 minutes ago, Ryebread said:

At least Emerson wasn’t on the pitch today to pass backward and not do anything. Franks got that right at least

Lol, as if Azpi at LB did anything of note other than his corner goal.

Hopefully you do not think playing Azpi at LB is in any way, shape, or form acceptable. He is horrific there on balance.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Hopefully you do not think playing Azpi at LB is in any way, shape, or form acceptable. He is horrific there on balance.

Just happy to not see Emerson not do anything. 

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think it's pretty safe to say we're fucked at left back whoever Lampard plays at the moment.

14 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think it's pretty safe to say we're fucked at left back whoever Lampard plays at the moment.

What has been clear and obvious for weeks now is that Lampard has been indirectly telling the board......"I NEED A NEW STRIKER AND A LEFT BACK ASAP!".

What has been clear and obvious for weeks now is that Lampard has been indirectly telling the board......"I NEED A NEW STRIKER AND A LEFT BACK ASAP!".
I highly doubt that there are any good available LBs out there. Chilwell is also not this prime Ashley Cole that people think he is.

It is easier to find good wingers that can improve us than finding good LBs

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk