• Jorginho
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

12 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The problem is the lack of alternatives we have. Beyond about 14-15 players our squad is not great and there are a couple of areas in our strongest XI which are weaknesses to boot too. When Tammy has had a few games struggling, there isn't a good enough alternative off the bench or to start in front of him. When Mount has struggled, the obvious alternative to his position is RLC who's injured. Hudson Odoi is the 3rd choice winger and is struggling. Our options at present just aren't good enough.

We're pretty lucky to be honest that some of these young players stepped up earlier in the season to put us in the position that we're in because I wouldn't envisage Giroud or Bats having scored the goals that Tammy has, or Tomori stepping in when the alternative was a Christensen and Zouma partnership which looked atrocious in the first games.

We have decent squad. Not title challenger squad, I thought not good enough for top 4 this season but the youngster has shown that they are pretty good so yes maybe top 4.

I don't like lamp squad utilization. Giroud and Pedro can ber very useful today. Lamp has pretty much freeze Giroud out and have not played michy as starter. That IMO made no sense. 

6 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

There is something seriously wrong (people need to stop using the transfer ban and "the youth" as an excuse) and the manager must bear some responsibility. 

Those are actual reasons not excuses. No team has won the PL without any transfer activity nor with a notably young team.

19 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Challenge for the title? 

I honestly wish we had started this season worse than we did.

We are punching above our weight at the moment.

We are probably the 7th-10th best team in the league.

We can be better than that and worse - depending upon the inconsistency of the players.

Titles will be 5 years away minimum...

If Frank is going to be a top manager, with a lot of money and  the right signings, he should be able to make us challengers for the start of the 22/23 season. 

Just now, Muzchap said:

How? 

Play the right formation vs the right oppnent, make sure tactically we are sound, practice the lazyness out, practice corners and setåieces at both ends, motivate them more. Stop chopping the team all the time. Make sure they give their all cuz in epl its war, you cant afford to have so many mistakes and bad days and then live to tell about it. Besides we are not paid millions to sort it out. But I do give that the board in their wisdom have utterly killed this team. We are just not very good but we can def be more consistent, tactics alone will do alot, man-management will do alot.

Just now, communicate said:

We have decent squad. Not title challenger squad, I thought not good enough for top 4 this season but the youngster has shown that they are pretty good so yes maybe top 4.

I don't like lamp squad utilization. Giroud and Pedro can ber very useful today. Lamp has pretty much freeze Giroud out and have not played michy as starter. That IMO made no sense. 

But that is the whole point. You've just said yourself that you didn't think we'd be good enough for top 4 this season. A lot of people didn't so overall our season hasn't been anywhere near as bad as most are making it out to be.

We've been inconsistently in and out of top 4 in recent seasons and last year we sneaked 3rd but lost our one world class attacking player whilst the teams who finished mere points behind us in United, Arsenal and Spurs all strengthened in the summer and had the added advantage of not changing managers. We've been inconsistent in the last couple of months but no different to all the teams mentioned above which is why we're ahead of them all. We are exactly where we should be and deserve to be at present which is challenging for top 4. Until we can strengthen a couple of areas and the younger players develop a little more, we're not going to be any higher or better off in the table.

24 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

The substitutions were poor today. Pulisic was by far our most lively player, and we lost all drive in midfield after Mount went off. Kovacic, Kante and Jorgi clearly cannot operate in a three against a four-man midfield. Tammy had a shocker yet he played the full 90 minutes. We praise Lampard - and rightly so - when he makes ballsy decisions (i.e. Emerson vs Arsenal), so he equally deserves criticism for poor substitutions. 

Unless the Pulisic sub was pre-planned because of his hamstring problem, I failed to see the logic in taking him off when he was growing into the game in the second half. After CHO came on, we were left with a half LW and a dead RW side with Willian who has been flogged to death with his 3rd game in 7 days. Thought Mount was poor but the minute we took him off and went to a 4-3-3, we lost all attacking impetus. Really don't get why Pulisic wasn't played in the No.10 position and CHO just on the left. 

It’s frustrating how we always feature at the wrong end of the rarest and most outrageous goals. Cisse, Adam, Agüero, Mahrez, Salah all these rare stunners always against us.

other than that no complaints, even game could have lost. Selection was alright, ref was torrid, Non sharpness, bad pressing. typical post-conte Chelsea game.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

But that is the whole point. You've just said yourself that you didn't think we'd be good enough for top 4 this season. A lot of people didn't so overall our season hasn't been anywhere near as bad as most are making it out to be.

We've been inconsistently in and out of top 4 in recent seasons and last year we sneaked 3rd but lost our one world class attacking player whilst the teams who finished mere points behind us in United, Arsenal and Spurs all strengthened in the summer and had the added advantage of not changing managers. We've been inconsistent in the last couple of months but no different to all the teams mentioned above which is why we're ahead of them all. We are exactly where we should be and deserve to be at present which is challenging for top 4. Until we can strengthen a couple of areas and the younger players develop a little more, we're not going to be any higher or better off in the table.

But that is not the point. I have never watched any of youngster play before this. 

I almost never criticized our youngster because I know that they will be inconsistent but I have been critical with Lamp squad management. Tammy has started too many games. We have 3 strikers these season. Lamp has decided to freeze out Giroud, I may disagree but that is fine but he need to play michy. It is the similar with Pedro. 

Take today's game. I won't criticize Puli or CHO performance but we can certainly use Giroud today to give us more control in the 2nd half. 

All but maybe a couple of players were just kind of casually jogging around looking annoyed and like they just wanted the game to end. Jorginho in particular. He was amazing just a few days ago and today he looked like he'd rather have been on the beach or something.

This is what our whole second half of the season is going to be unless changes are made. Desperately clinging on to 4th spot and hoping results elsewhere go our way. And since we all know Arsenal can't be trusted whatsoever, United will be 2 points behind us later.

45 minutes ago, communicate said:

I am honestly quite confused with kante criticism. What the hell was he supposed to do? 

Our problem today was imo lack of ball retention on the final 3rd. We lose the ball way too much. A Giroud would have helped us. 

Whenever Jorginho is playing, he need to dominate games otherwise, he is a massive liability. 

Kante is playing poorly this year, regardless of where he has been played (which, by playing him out of positional role, is not helping matters)

If one ONLY looks at this season, it is only the most sycophantic of fanboys and fangirls who would claim he is remotely near WC level.

He is simply far too often a liability on the pitch at a multiplicity of levels. He was very poor today yet again.

I have to laugh at the statmasters who trot out their precious metrics game and game to justify high praise in the multiple games where even a cursory watch of the actual action shows that to be utter bollocks.

Square peg, round hole.