• Kante
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Lamptey (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

By the way, we will drop to 5th if Spurs beat Norwich on Saturday...

Lose Sunday and we won't see fourth again. I didn't fancy us against Spurs and we turned them over but then the display against Southampton was frankly one of the worse I've seen in years.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

We were terrible that day for sure but go watch back the game and tell me playing Kante as the sole DM in front of the defence was the best idea.

I'll ask again. Why do you think Kante's best work as a DM has come when playing with another DM alongside him in Drinkwater at Leicester and Matic here? Why do you think Kante hasn't been tried as the sole DM in front of the defence if it was a good idea? 

Problem with our team at the moment (and it has been for years) is that we have a collection of good players but they don't quite together cohesively into a system, a style of play etc. We have had to mix-and-match them to put together a competitive side. 

We were onto a good thing with the Jorgi/Kova/Mount midfield in the winning run. While I'm not trying to suggest it's the only reason everything's gone to shit and we will start looking great again should we bring it back trying to shoehorn Kante back in straight away was a decision right out of the Sven Goran "the big names must play" Eriksson handbook. 

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

We must take three points here. Only Watford and Norwich have less wins than Arsenal this season. 

We are at Arsenal and Watford level in the last 8 games.

We have a much better team than Arsenal, but without a coach it's complicated.

The result of this game is totally unpredictable.

Total anarchy.

If it wasn't for the Spurs result, I'd expect another new manager/interim to lick their lips at the prospect at facing us.

Lampard needs to play our best XI and hope they can repeat the trick against a dreadful side.

On 26/12/2019 at 6:21 PM, Nicco said:

Luck doesn't strike twice for Lampard, Arsenal will win 3-1 and we will help them get back on track with the results.

Have you ever said anything positive, about anyone, or any selection, on any subject.

Are you really a Chelsea supporter? i very much doubt it.

On 12/27/2019 at 9:29 AM, Vesper said:

time to roll this out

3-1-3-3

Willian <<<< LW is best    Tammy               Pulisic                        

Kovacic                 Mount                 Jorginho   

Kante <<<roving destroyer

Tomori                    Rudiger                      Reece

Kepa

First of all, Jorginho can only play dm. If you play him higher, may as well drop him. 

2nd, who will cover wing area. Based on your formation, Puli and Willian will spend their time chasing fb. They won't have any energy left at the other end. 

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Want to try something new, fine but not when that something has been tried before and failed miserably. Conte tried playing Kante as the sole DM at Arsenal and we got ripped apart in a 3-0 loss, remember? Kante may be a DM but he's not the kind of DM who sits solely in front of the defence and mops up attacks. Why do you think Kante's best work as a DM has come when playing with another DM alongside him in Drinkwater at Leicester and Matic here? If we're going to return Kante to the old role, then we need someone else to sit and sweep up attacks while allowing Kante to move around and do his stuff. 

Just because we have 3 CBs, that doesn't mean he's free to roam when he's the sole protector in front of that backline. If he does that, we'll just end up with the same problem we've been having, opposing teams running through the center of our team in turnover situations.

Problem with Kante is, his qualities right now feel like a misfit of the more progressive football we're trying to implement. He looked great at Leicester and under Conte because the systems used were counter-attacking/defensive/pragmatic, which suited him down to the ground. Now, he looks great at times and looks like a lost kid at other times. Assuming we're going to continue with the more attacking style of football, then perhaps we need to find a different kind of DM, someone similar to Makelele perhaps, who can sit in front of the defence and have a good passing ability to start attacks or give it to the more creative players further forward. 

I disagree. Although kante hasn't really played well this season but he has no problem playing in lamp system. He was playing quite well last year as box to box under Sarri. 

Like you said what we need is a true dm. If you want a passer as regista, he must be a pirlo or xabi Alonso otherwise no thanks. 

Against big team play

Kova /ruben/kante

A dm

Against weaker team

Play just two of them and play an am (Mount or Puli) 

11 minutes ago, communicate said:

I disagree. Although kante hasn't really played well this season but he has no problem playing in lamp system. He was playing quite well last year as box to box under Sarri. 

But he has been nowhere near consistent as he was under Conte or at Leicester. He looks great at times and bang average at others. He had one of his worst games against Southampton.

Judging by his first match Arteta is following Pep's method of inverted fullbacks.

With this in mind I would raise the suggestion of the diamond (Jorgi, Kante, Kova, Mount) with Tammy and Pulisic as the strikers.

Would be harsh on Willy as he won us the last big game but he will probably be shattered by the time this one comes around.

Just now, Tomo said:

Judging by his first match Arteta is following Pep's method of inverted fullbacks.

With this in mind I would raise the suggestion of the diamond (Jorgi, Kante, Kova, Mount) with Tammy and Pulisic as the strikers.

Would be harsh on Willy as he won us the last big game but he will probably be shattered by the time this one comes around.

I'll be shocked if Lampard drops his favorite son, Willian. He (and Abraham) is gonna be flogged to death over this Christmas-New Year period. 

17 hours ago, Jason said:

We were terrible that day for sure but go watch back the game and tell me playing Kante as the sole DM in front of the defence was the best idea.

I'll ask again. Why do you think Kante's best work as a DM has come when playing with another DM alongside him in Drinkwater at Leicester and Matic here? Why do you think Kante hasn't been tried as the sole DM in front of the defence if it was a good idea? 

Problem with our team at the moment (and it has been for years) is that we have a collection of good players but they don't quite together cohesively into a system, a style of play etc. We have had to mix-and-match them to put together a competitive side. 

Yeah I get that my man but we need to switch it up.....problem is we have so many issues we dont even know where to begin.

On the match itself, I doubt we do a spurs on them. This will probably be another Everton. We are the perfect opponent to get them rolling again for a a few games, first game in charge at their home, fans will be up for it, cant see us winning....but what a lovely day if we do huh.

9 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Have you ever said anything positive, about anyone, or any selection, on any subject.

Are you really a Chelsea supporter? i very much doubt it.

I've been positive before especially during the Sarri days not my fault there is hardly any positive to take nowadays under Lampard.

If you want to allude to yourself everything is good go ahead, I respect your point of view even if I don't agree but don't tell others they don't like the club just because they aren't sniffing the same crap some of you are putting on the table mate.

It only takes 5 minutes to notice how fucking shite some of the teams we lost to are playing against others, only Lampard can possible make them look decent with his shitty decisions and tactics, so again why should I be positive away against Arsenal when he can't get one point at home against Bournemouth, Southampton and West Ham?

2 hours ago, Nicco said:

It only takes 5 minutes to notice how fucking shite some of the teams we lost to are playing against others, only Lampard can possible make them look decent with his shitty decisions and tactics, so again why should I be positive away against Arsenal when he can't get one point at home against Bournemouth, Southampton and West Ham?

While I do understand your sentiment, if we're going by that logic, then I guess we won't win any more games this season? :carlo: 

If you want some sort of positive/hope, our away form has been better overall than our home form this season. 

Must fucking win, im sick of losing, sick of losing to teams that just has hired a new manager. This is a derby, you put everything on the field end of. We want passion, directness and heart.

My brother is a gooner and he is sure we will win.....fuck I hope so.