• Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

3 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

We lack leaders on the pitch

This isn't a new problem. We've had quite a few seasons with bad slumps in form or a capitulation over the winter but we had stronger personalities in the dressing room in previous years to grind results out and get us out of a slump.

The worry is I don't see many players in this squad capable of doing that. I have no issues with the changes we've made the past couple of seasons because the football we were playing earlier this season was some of the best I've seen for a long time. But now we're seriously short of form and confidence, it seems like it's only one way we can play now and the problem with that is we don't have the firepower that the likes of City and Liverpool do to win a game when playing poor. Liverpool have been nowhere near as good as they were last season in my opinion but the front three are all so dangerous at all times they are winning games for them.

All of City and Liverpool's top attackers are in their mid to late 20's or even 30's for Aguero. Our's are in their early 20's with the exception of Willian and it shows. It's a hugely steep learning curve at the moment.

Most clubs probably feel like winning a corner is an advantage (and it should be).  We win one and it's the biggest waste of time all game...think the commentator said TWO goals all season from corners. 

Hell just start playing it short at this point what do we have to lose?

5 minutes ago, whats happening said:

so you guys think hudson-odoi should not play a game this season anymore or what? pulisic hasnt played the first two months or so, got a chance to play and performed, and now he starts every game, every 3 or 4 days. hudson-odoi cant perform if he plays 10 minutes a game where we are chasing a result vs 10 man in the opponents box. and im not even his biggest fan, i always thought he was overrated and all the shit sarri got because he didnt play him was fucking embarrassing, but he has to play. kind looks like everyone wanted him to sign a contract more than watch him play.

we had two bad loses to wh and everton. and what did lampard do? nothing. teams has figured us out, when thats the case something has to change. even if that means to give a chance to players who has not performed well so far. you have to shake things up. lampard has a lot to learn too.

funny how the last couple of years we all begged for rotations for our wing-backs and the wingers were rotated every game, now it's the opposite.  

The difference though is Pulisic started coming on in games and impacting them and took it from there. We look worse with CHO on the pitch at the moment. He's not justifying a start.

I think Lampard is trying to change things up with the full backs and midfielders, but at the moment there isn't much else he can do with that attack without significantly worsening it. 

Recent weeks have showed how little faith Lampard has with the likes of Pedro, Giroud and Bats but I think it's entirely justified. None are at a good enough level anymore.

2 minutes ago, whats happening said:

so you guys think hudson-odoi should not play a game this season anymore or what? pulisic hasnt played the first two months or so, got a chance to play and performed, and now he starts every game, every 3 or 4 days. hudson-odoi cant perform if he plays 10 minutes a game where we are chasing a result vs 10 man in the opponents box. and im not even his biggest fan, i always thought he was overrated and all the shit sarri got because he didnt play him was fucking embarrassing, but he has to play. kind looks like everyone wanted him to sign a contract more than watch him play.

I don't necessarily disagree and while you could argue that CHO should have gotten more sub minutes in recent games, he has barely made any impact in those games, has he? He looked great when he came back from injury and then just completely went off the boil. Barely even doing anything on the pitch right now and this after getting 55 minutes across last 2 games. 

I don't necessarily disagree and while you could argue that CHO should have gotten more sub minutes in recent games, he has barely made any impact in those games, has he? He looked great when he came back from injury and then just completely went off the boil. Barely even doing anything on the pitch right now and this after getting 55 minutes across last 2 games. 
So should we give Pedro more Chances who wants to leave?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

We miss Alonso in games like this, there you go I've said it.

This performance was similar to Newcastle, only in that one Alonso buried his chance and today Emerson hit his straight at the keeper.

Please don't mistake this for me wanting Marcos back in long term, but in games where there's little defending to do, he's the best option out of what we've currently got.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Recent weeks have showed how little faith Lampard has with the likes of Pedro, Giroud and Bats but I think it's entirely justified. None are at a good enough level anymore.

The one thing I'd question is could Lampard have made better use of Pedro & Giroud to begin with? As much as we try to play a high tempo game with lots of energy etc, Giroud could still have come in handy in certain games/situations. Even Sarriball managed to get something out of him. Pedro, although no longer consistent, has that knack of scoring goals, more so than a lot of our current players. 

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

We miss Alonso in games like this, there you go I've said it.

This performance was similar to Newcastle, only in that one Alonso buried his chance and today Emerson hit his straight at the keeper.

Please don't mistake this for me wanting Marcos back in long term, but in games where there's little defending to do, he's the best option out of what we've currently got.

Speaking of full backs, I'm not sure why Azpi was chosen over James today, well knowing that Bournemouth will try to defend all game.

Calling for Pedro and Giroud back into the team shows the abysmal,abject and pathetic state if the team...

They are beyond hopeless...I don't what to know if its January or summer just spend the fucking cash...The team needs fresh injection of quality players...

I know it works two ways and the players at times need to inspire the fans and do things to get the crowd up but the atmosphere at the Bridge feels like it gets continuously worse each year and there are very few times recently where the crowd has picked up our players and pushed them on like other clubs get.

It's strange because the atmosphere in European games has always been pretty excellent but in the league, especially in 3pm kick off games it always seems piss poor.

Our support away has always been excellent. I think it's an interesting point given our poor home form this season compared to away.

I still think Lampard is really good with the chance to become great. I think we have a lot of good players. They did not look like they knew how to attack what was in front of them and that has to be poor preperation and execution. There are some positives, the back line played well the entire game. Zouma stoned some situations that easily could have been goals. Rudi played awesome first half and in the second half his diagonal passes got away from him, but what a bright future for us with him.

Our attack was total shit, nobody working together. We really cant accept that Willian has mad recovery skills, handles the ball very nice, but has no desire to go get a shot on goal. I am really concerned about CHO and Mount, they have really lost their game. I thought it was a really big mistake Frank put all his hope for a win for 25 minutes on two players who are struggling with their form. Mostly a shit show, but I thought the back line looked good overall.

Let's hope better days are ahead, and we pick up a couple needed players in January.

Just now, Alabama said:

Calling for Pedro and Giroud back into the team shows the abysmal,abject and pathetic state if the team...

No one is asking them to be thrown back into the team at this point but the question is rather could we have made better use of them to begin with. We know they aren't great, they haven't been for years but we still managed to find some use from them in last 1-2 seasons. Could Lampard not have at least done that till January or next summer? We practically tossed them aside very early on and left ourselves a bit short in certain areas, which has become somewhat obvious at the moment.