• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Mount (sub)

23 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

We need Kante to sit......not right or left, let him sit and protect that shambolic defence of ours for a few games.

A must win of course, anything less and it will turn ugly.

I don't think midfield protection is the problem.

The bad games we've had in terms of open play defending have all got one common denominator, Christensen and Zouma as the CB partnership. When it's been Tomori plus one we've completely shut down teams at best and not been bad at worse, even shipping four against Ajax was mainly down to them being ultra clinical.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

The bad games we've had in terms of open play defending have all got one common denominator, Christensen and Zouma as the CB partnership. When it's been Tomori plus one we've completely shut down teams at best and not been bad at worse, even shipping four against Ajax was mainly down to them being ultra clinical.

Yeah I do think Tomori should come back. The only explanation can be that AC is doing better in training but from the samples we have (actual games) Tomori's been better. Sure AC is coming from a long injury, but that doesn't mean he needs to be forced in when it's not working with Zouma. However I do trust Frank and co. to make necessary changes as they've done all season. After Everton I think there's no doubt somebody's getting dropped and Jorginho is likely coming back too.

We will win this if we give them the support they need!

It will be the first Chelsea home game for my little son, we will come over from Belgium for this one.

But one of his questions is when the players will arrive around the stadium? Is this always the same for a midweek CL game?

In the past I had the luck to catch some players going from the hotel to inside the stadium,Mata signed my jersey that time. Now the little boy also want the full package :P:P 

Someone that can help us on the way with it?

Thanks

12 hours ago, Tomo said:

Your are right but when Lamps keep on chopping and changing then we do need Kante to sit. If he reverts back to Tomori etc then yes I agree with you.

this wont be a cake walk at all, regardless of Lille having nothing to play for, if we dont sort out this defence we are in trouble. No shenanigans, no bullshit, if we win we go trough, regardless of what happens between Ajax and Valencia, its all in our hands, Lamps and the lads know what is at stake, so lets hope they bounce back from recent dissapointments and make the club and the fans proud.

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Christensen makes more sense now. Thank God this is a Tuesday match, I need this to get the taste out of my brain of the Everton match. I do believe my depression from watching it is still lingering. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Is this hip strain new or has it kept Tomori out of recent games? That would explain his omission

Yes, Lampard said the hip strain has been bothering him for a bit.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/12/09/lampard-confirms-rudiger-ready-to-return-for--knockout--meeting-

Am I correct when I say the only way we can win the group is if we beat Lille and Ajax draws with Valencia?

We would have 11 points, the same as Ajax, but we beat them in the head to head

If Valencia wins and we win, the Valencia wins the group, as they have the head to head over us.

Obviously, an Ajax win and they win the group no matter what, and then we only need a draw to grab 2nd.

If we draw with Lille, we are fucked with anything other than a an Ajax win.

A loss and we are out no matter what.

I have to say, we are probably also fucked if we do not win the group, as we will more than likely draw a monster side in the very next game as the 2nd place team. Unless the dippers fuck up, the ONLY team that we would perhaps be favoured against in the round of 16 would be the winner of Group G (RB Leipzig or (only if they lose) Zenit (if Zenit wins and Leipzig loses)

the other winners are a nightmare (the overall best 6 teams in the world, basically, the only way it could have been worse is if Real Madrid had been in Group G and won it)

Liverpool (unless there is a HUGE upset)

Barca

PSG

Bayern

Shitty

Juve

As a group winner, the main biggest threats we might draw would be Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid (if they get 2nd, which they should easily as they play a shit Lokomotiv team at home and Bayer Leverkusen plays Juve) Napoli, Inter (or more likely Dortmund as Inter play Barca and Dortmund play a shit Slavia Praha team so a huge bullet dodged there more than likely for someone, and you have to then rate Inter to win the EL), and finally Spuds

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Am I correct when I say the only way we can win the group is if we beat Lille and Ajax draws with Valencia?

If Valencia wins and we win, the Valencia wins the group, as they have the head to head over us.

Obviously, an Ajax win and they win the group no matter what, and then we only need a draw to grab 2nd.

I have to say, we are probably also fucked if we do not win the group, as we will more than likely draw a monster side in the very next game as the 2nd place team. Unless the dippers fuck up, the ONLY team that we would perhaps be favoured against in the round of 16 would be the winner of Group G (RB Leipzig or (only if they lose) Zenit (if Zenit wins and Leipzig loses)

the other winners are a nightmare (the overall best 6 teams in the world, basically, the only way it could have been worse is if Real Madrid had been in Group G and won it)

Barca

PSG

Bayern

Shitty

Juve

As a group winner, the main biggest threats we might draw would be Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid (if they get 2nd, which they should easily as they play a shit Lokomotiv team at home and Bayer Leverkusen plays Juve) Napoli, Inter (or more likely Dortmund as Inter play Barca and Dortmund play a shit Slavia Praha team so a huge bullet dodged there more than likely for someone, and you have to then rate Inter to win the EL), and finally Spuds

I don't think you can draw domestic rivals in the first knockout stage can you? If so, that narrows down our potential opponents just a little.

Let's get through and worry about things later. A lot can change in a few weeks in football.

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Barca

PSG

Bayern

Shitty

Juve

The most important thing is to get into the next stage and even if we lost there, I would not mind. Playing CL and getting into the next stage would be a huge improvement compared to last season if you ask me. Our players and Lamps would get more experience and we can go from there. Then some signings in the summer and then I would expect more from us.