• Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Overreaction this time indeed is massive. Everton were really poor today but they brouht an intensity we could not cope with. we wasted half a dozen of glorious chances (pulisic, willian, mount and abraham all either rushed or delayed their finishes).  Lamps made a poor defensive selection but that is mostlybecause almost all our defensive players are shit. You can not blame poor fnishing and comical goalkeeper and defender errors at Lamps. Can't belive people are already calling for his head. He has not hadany money to spend so can only cope with the mediocre squad we has, which, lets face it is still punching above its weight in 4th place. I predicted 6th and i would still consider 6th place an alright outcome, albeit I think we will somehow scrap 4th.

We might not be able to get much done in the January transfer window but we will be able to get rid of some deadwood and at least bring in some decent player. We clearly still need a left footed winger, a proper striker, a cb and a left back and now maybe a goalie. We might not get absolute quality but you can hardly downgrade from the options we have in those positions.

I maintain. We might lose a lot lately but I maintain we are not playing that bad. Wham, Everton put in their best performances this season so far in. City are just a better side. In all those games we create chances en masse (bar maybe Wham) but failed to score. Young players, young managers are bound to make mistakes. I warned everyone here in the beginning of the season and during that 7 win run that there will be times we will be shit, when the young boys are tired, get bullied make mistaks, lamps picks the wrong tactics or players. This time now has come and this is not the end of it. I can see us struggling all through the packed December. And they all might be slow learners but they will learn eventually.

59 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

I have no idea why all of the sudden Jorginho is not good enough to start. It’s so obvious the back four keep passing to each other for 99.9999% of the time and don’t have a fucking clue what to do.

and what head injury happened to Lamps where he thinks Azpi is an EPL level LB????????????

Not defending Azpi here but as [mention=3965]Superblue_1986[/mention] mentioned, none of our defensive options right now are great - in this case at LB. Alonso is just damn straight bad and slow. Emerson is inconsistent, one game he looks fine and the next he looks straight up bad (e.g. Man City away recently). Lampard is trying to patch things up for now - I think he's desperate for a new LB in January - and he's gone with Azpi who has the most "defensive credit" in the team.

The one thing maybe you can criticize Lampard for is changing the backline too often rather than trying to make sure the players learn from their errors and do better next game. It feels like if a player makes a mistake, then he's out of the next game (e.g. Emerson). 

Emerson had a pretty good game against City til Emerson and Kova could not Deal with Mahrez. Azpi is playing bad most of the Matches regardless if he plays against a good or a bad team.

Emerson was our best Defender before his hamstring injury and only because he played bad against Mahrez does not justify Azpi playing who offers nothing going forward or defending play every match that bad

Emerson is our best LB by far. Look at his stats pre injury.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

and what head injury happened to Lamps where he thinks Azpi is an EPL level LB????????????
That is the Captain Leader Legend Bonus.
It is not the first time we had this dilemma. There was a Time JT played horrible and he played because he was our Captain Leader Legend. After that, Cahill became that and he was undroppable for a time, even after Bad Performances. Now it is Azpi. I have seen it plenty of times

36 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Luiz was more consistent for us though, yes he would have shit mistakes but he never made the clown errors Zouma makes add in Luiz had a deep ball threat that helped unlock high presses. Zouma shits the bed when pressured 

Luiz consistent? In both spells he had one good season where he wasnt an absolute liability at centre back. Unless I missed something? Or your judging him as a midfielder despite talking about CBs?

30 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

With Rudiger you are all acting like he was the second coming of Christ. The same hopes were put on Kante. 'With Kante back, our defensive issues will be solved.'

I agree, I want Rudiger back asap but the main work must be done from the top, from Lampard and his team, to actually work on the defense and the whole organization. There is zero organization in terms of the defense. Just Rudiger being back will not solve it.

We need a proper defense coach who will 100% work with the defenders.

Reece James and Callum Hudson Odoi got the same as well at the start of the season. Reece has done alright but as I said ages ago, Azpi was only struggling after his minor bad spell due to being exposed/out of position when we lost the ball on transitions. Nothing else.

Bad result. Again, people will be nice towards Frank and say he is learning and we have a young team but they need to wake up and be a bit tougher. Losing to West Ham and Everton in the space of 10 days for a squad that has players like Kepa, Zouma, Jorginho, Emerson, Azplicieuta, Kovacic, Kante, Willian, Pulisic, Abraham etc is probably not good enough.

We 're evidently out of form and with the champions league match next week it's worrying.
Everton did not impress me at all, to give them credit. It is we who allowed them to score three times.
The second goal they scored was a horrific bungle up.
Again we played better in the first half and almost nothing in the second half. What does Lamps think about it ?
Some transfers are needed, but not Bakayoko-Drinkwater stuff again.

10 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Emerson had a pretty good game against City til Emerson and Kova could not Deal with Mahrez. Azpi is playing bad most of the Matches regardless if he plays against a good or a bad team.
Emerson was our best Defender before his hamstring injury and only because he played bad against Mahrez does not justify Azpi playing who offers nothing going forward or defending.

Emerson is our best LB by far. Look at his stats pre injury.

Azpi has had good defensive performances this season - e.g. people worried Sterling would roast him when we play Man City but he kept him quiet - but no one bothered to say anything because it doesn't fit the narrative. People only speak about him when he has poor performances. 

Since people are happily jumping onto poor performances - including the younger players - right now, it is surprise that people have largely kept quiet about James' defensive mistakes in past 2 games, one of which cost us against West Ham. Why? Is it because it doesn't fit the narrative? 

Just now, killer1257 said:

Funny Thing is that he is right about Everything, but still plays some of the guys every match. Hope Rüdiger is back and at least One of the guys gets benched

Who would you pick. Given the players at our disposal. Who would you pick up

Because as of this moment - zouma, ac, azpi, mount, Cho, willian are not good enough for Chelsea according to fans, and yet people expect us to win every game, so I would like to hear what is the team that fans would have wanted.

I'm sorry to say that in a game like this, with all the physical tackling and marking we shouldn't play Mason Mount. Too light, too easily pushed off the ball, and not brave enough in the tackle. Pretty footballer, but he's coming up short in this type of game.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Azpi has had good defensive performances this season - e.g. people worried Sterling would roast him when we play Man City but he kept him quiet - but no one bothered to say anything because it doesn't fit the narrative. People only speak about him when he has poor performances. 

Since people are happily jumping onto poor performances - including the younger players - right now, it is surprise that people have largely kept quiet about James' defensive mistakes in past 2 games, one of which cost us against West Ham. Why? Is it because it doesn't fit the narrative? 

Tammy is the only one of our young players who's looking good enough.

Who would you pick. Given the players at our disposal. Who would you pick up
Because as of this moment - zouma, ac, azpi, mount, Cho, willian are not good enough for Chelsea according to fans, and yet people expect us to win every game, so I would like to hear what is the team that fans would have wanted.

Right Now, I would line up like that.

James-Rüdiger-Tomori-Emerson
Kante Jorgi Kova
Willian Tammy Puli

Rüdiger obviously only if he is fit. I would have to put Zouma in if he still is not ready to play on tuesday.

Why would I put Tomori back? From all CBs we played this Season, Tomori looked the best. He had his weird passes once in a while but at least he was pretty good overall apart from the City game, which can happen. Christensen looks Shockingm He only won 50% of his tacklings. Tomori was never this bad and Tomori is fast and physical enough for PL.

Emerson for me is our best LB, no doubt.
Look at his Performances pre injury. Obviously he played bad against City but Mahrez is a top winger and he and Kova did struggle. Overall After that, Emerson played solid in the Next few Games after that until Lamps decided to play Azpi at LB.

That is the best line up we currently have

Look at my Post in the James thread. I criticised him for that mistake, but at least against West Ham, he was very good at going forward.

Against Villa, I would say that Azpi gave the attacker too much space to Cross and James had to come back from his side to Cover Azpis mistake and Kante for instance was just watching and doing nothing. Not ideal for James, so James was not the main guy at fault there. He also gave Tammy an Assist.

Azpi does not offer anything. He reminds me of Ivanovic, who was unbenchable under Mourinho.

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Right Now, I would line up like that.

James-Rüdiger-Tomori-Emerson
Kante Jorgi Kova
Willian Tammy Puli

Rüdiger obviously only if he is fit. I would have to put Zouma in if he still is not ready to play on tuesday.

Why would I put Tomori back? From all CBs we played this Season, Tomori looked the best. He had his weird passes once in a while but at least he was pretty good overall apart from the City game, which can happen. Christensen looks Shockingm He only won 50% of his tacklings. Tomori was never this bad and Tomori is fast and physical enough for PL.

Emerson for me is our best LB, no doubt.
Look at his Performances pre injury. Obviously he played bad against City but Mahrez is a top winger and he and Kova did struggle. Overall After that, Emerson played solid in the Next few Games after that until Lamps decided to play Azpi at LB.

That is the best line up we currently have

As you said Rudi is not here. So zouma/ac. Tomori was shit against city and also, made a string of mistakes. Luckily none of them cost us. 

Emerson was good, but was owned. 

Kante, jorginho and kova played together against city and were pretty abject in attack where we seemed to miss a link between mid and attack. Against Valencia those 3 played together and we were pathetic. And so lucky to get away with just conceding 2.

So let's not try and rewrite history here. After the city and Valencia most here saw the missing link between attack and mid and we needed a no. 10. After city most wanted Emerson dropped. Plus with jorginho out too, we have to have a leader on the pitch.

Cho is coming back off a massive Injury and will be back to his best In some time so we casically are paper thin in terms of squad.

What we have acheived so far is commendable. 

If just kepa was having a good season, that itself would have made such a difference. But all of these are teething issues. Things which will get better with new players/time. 

1 minute ago, 1905didierblue said:

As you said Rudi is not here. So zouma/ac. Tomori was shit against city and also, made a string of mistakes. Luckily none of them cost us. 

Emerson was good, but was owned. 

Kante, jorginho and kova played together against city and were pretty abject in attack where we seemed to miss a link between mid and attack. Against Valencia those 3 played together and we were pathetic. And so lucky to get away with just conceding 2.

So let's not try and rewrite history here. After the city and Valencia most here saw the missing link between attack and mid and we needed a no. 10. After city most wanted Emerson dropped. Plus with jorginho out too, we have to have a leader on the pitch.

Cho is coming back off a massive Injury and will be back to his best In some time so we casically are paper thin in terms of squad.

What we have acheived so far is commendable. 

If just kepa was having a good season, that itself would have made such a difference. But all of these are teething issues. Things which will get better with new players/time. 

But it doesn't dissuade the fact that Tomori is the best of out of the trio... Having a bad game against City is not that bad we ain't playing every game day... For now James Rudiger Tomori and Emerson should be our backline then when we are ready to do business we can go all out for Emerson upgrade and a quality centre back... In the middle I will drop Mount for a while and use Pulisic there depending on the opposition...