• Pedro
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

8 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Ffs we are young side and obviously we will have shit games without getting a result.

Stop overreacting.

Also that WHU GK pulling a performance of a lifetime just against Chelsea and then next week they will concede 5.

the GK was nothing special

their back 4 and then Rice were amazing

superb tactical setup and executions as a team

typical EPL upset

shit happens

plus Lamps made poor decisions

learning curve

I am not going to panic yet

but I will if we lose either of the next two (both and we are in serious trouble and spuds and wolves (or even Sheff United if they beat wolves)may both be over us and we will be in 6th

Mou has Spuds on boil and he knows how to run teams down and win

next 2 games for us are HUGE

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know we have Spurs and Arsenal later in December but United face Spurs in midweek and then the Manchester derby next weekend. 

Not even mentioned Arsenal who can still make up ground too, having sacked their manager too que the new manager bounce when they appoint one, I havent got full faith that we will get 6 points from those games (Ajax, Valencia, United and City all sufficient evidence we need a lot of work still) although I do think Spurs and City will beat United but you never know.

As Frank said this is a reality check, people wrote Spurs off too soon (11 games into the fucking season....) and 2 PL games in with Mourinho, theyve won 2 and jumped like 8 places in the table and are right where back in it, still early days too but the Mourinho being finished and going to destroy Spurs bla bla bla was daft to presume.

Yeah definitely silly to write off Spurs. All it takes is results like this from us and wins from them and bammmm. Then again we were written off being a ball was kicked. That and predicted be a 2 horse title race rather then as it stands byeee Liverpool. 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Okay that's an exaggeration because none of the saves he made were exceptional. All rather basic. But the worst part is, we created nothing whatsoever in the second half. Didn't even test him!

Obviously our shooting was crap because their GK was giving our forwards death stares all the time, duh :ph34r:

Trying to play through them instead of crossing, plan was Pulisic drags a defender out of position to allow us space to run into.
It didn't work, but that was the plan.
Against a packed and deep defense, that is one helluva difficult job. Plus with no striker, West Ham was happy to give up the wing and let their fb play our winger one on one knowing that they can handle crosses.

20 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Lamps has I suppose got a free pass this season but performances like yesterday are not acceptable especially against those pikey pricks. It's been a bad week with some questionable starting 11 choices as well it's obvious Giroud is going in January he should never have started yesterday equally Christensen on Wednesday.

Morning Iggy. Yesterday when we went one down, it looked like we were going through the motions of 'keep possession and wait for openings'. like I've seen at a Cobham training session. The difference between us and Citeh/bindippers, and even Utd to a certain extent is the sheer desire and will to get back in it when falling behind. Maybe we're lacking in leaders, seemed. pretty obvious yesterday.

53 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Ya know i've been reading here this morning, about how bad some players were Mount etc, yes i know he and they had poor games, and there were even a couple of folk who were calling for Lamps to be sacked....and no i don't think they were joking.

What a lot of you on here is still failing to notice is we are in transition, how many times have I had to say this? it's going to take time.

On the way there is going to be disappointments, but for christ sake get a grip.

Look how long it took Klopp to get where the scouse cunts are now, I get the impression if he had been here with his form there would have been those of you calling for his head.

I am still firmly behind Lamps, and then when he gets a chance to bring in his own choices, it's still going to take a while to get his ideas across.

It's not going to happen overnight, it might take as long as Klopp did, get used to the idea of disappointments, but there will be good times as well.

What I cannot understand is up to the Shitty game folk on here were raving about how well we were playing and we were definitely going to finish in the top four, and even after the city game the were still positives that in spite of the defeat how well we played and deserved better.

Now one poor performance and tactical errors the knives are out.

That's it my longest ever post and i'm fucking:middlefinger:

Good man

Couldn't have said it better myself 👍👍👍👍

There’s always a dip after Euro football, this is a young team and needs to learn.

We are comparing ourselves to finished squads.

Lampard needs a minimum of 3 seasons before anybody has the audacity to call him out.

We just witnessed the scousers go through this process and lose every final until last season and yet we lose a game and Lampard out, it’s part of the reason I can’t be arsed with this forum most of the time (sadly). I used to love it here. 

18 hours ago, Tomo said:

I'm probably going to get pelters for this, but with Tammy out, this is a game where extending Higuains loan could have come in handy.

I don't think he would have extended anyway. He would have wanted to return to Juve where Sarri is and he also starts majority of games too.

Nice of VAR to step in again and make it less shit looking scoreline again. 

Always had games like this regardless of who is the manager. It's how we respond.. Again that matters. 2nd loss in a row so hopefully can bounce back against Villa.