• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Mount (sub)

1 minute ago, Johnnyeye said:

victory today would have been so sweet, sigh, but still in our hands thats what matters most.

Would have been a big fuck you to UEFA.

I really hope Frank will speak up about it or I promise we will get rekt later on and thats a guarantee. Pool will go through today, city and spurs did it yesterday cuz all their Groups were much less harder than ours. They dont like Eng teams doing too well for more than a season.

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Problem is we just don't control games enough, even with Jorginho and Kovacic in midfield. I know we're more exciting under Lampard but a bit Sarriball or even Mourinhoball would be nice in games like this. Mourinho was by no means wrong at all with what he said about us in big games. 

Wait, you think Valencia are a big game but not Ajax? <_<

Can't be "happy" with the result or the performance. It was a poor performance given how many chances we gave away. Given how good the partnership of jorginho and kovacic was and also how solid it was before the international break, it surprisng to see that a mid 3 of kante-jorginhk-kova is getting sliced open so easily despite Kante playing wonderfully and kova performing brilliantly. I feel tactically the players need to be tweaked. 

Zouma needs a good CB partner. Andreas was poor. Missing simple headers. Not covering for zouma (the maxi Gomez chance). Simple goal kicks were becoming excellent chances which is unacceptable.

Kepa was dog shit. And that is despite the penalty save. He could and should have stopped both goals. Just so hopelessly poor from him. His distribution, his passes, nothing is good at the moment.

Michy is so poor. Just not good enough. We still have our fates in our own hands, a win against lille and we qualify. Leta hope we can do that. 

12 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Would have been a big fuck you to UEFA.

I really hope Frank will speak up about it or I promise we will get rekt later on and thats a guarantee. Pool will go through today, city and spurs did it yesterday cuz all their Groups were much less harder than ours. They dont like Eng teams doing too well for more than a season.

i agree with you on the awful and corrupt officiating we've been subject to and to see teams like Pool, Valencia, Barca, Madrid, etc getting away with murder is a disgrace of epic proportions, there is only so much we can do when we face corrupt organizations like FA, UEFA and FIFA. Cheers mate

Got to be honest, not a good result. Infact both results against Valencia and the 4-4 draw with Ajax are not good enough in my eyes.

Despite this team being "young" or "not the finished article", these are games where we should have played better in defensive and offensive side of the games. Conte or Sarri would probably of got cruicified for not beating Valencia in 2 attempts and defending in the way we drew with Ajax, thats the harsh truth.

Luckily for Frank, hes still learning and doesnt have the luxury of the transfer window but we need to be blunt as well and acknowledge these results arent good.

Round of 16 if we get through will be incredibly difficult, especially if we continue defensively in this manner against a much better team than Ajax, Lille or Valencia. Harsh reality but true. Good attacking football is all well and good but good teams are solid and hard to beat. At the moment, in Europe, we arent unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

i agree with you on the awful and corrupt officiating we've been subject to and to see teams like Pool, Valencia, Barca, Madrid, etc getting away with murder is a disgrace of epic proportions, there is only so much we can do when we face corrupt organizations like FA, UEFA and FIFA. Cheers mate

Preach my Brother

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think I said facing Ajax was a big GAME but it wasn't against a big TEAM. 

It's just you and I have different definition for those two.

Ajax were a big team but they lost 2 superstars

they so so miss de Jong especially

thank fuck he didnt go to the bindippers or Shitty or Manure

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Got to be honest, not a good result. Infact both results against Valencia and the 4-4 draw with Ajax are not good enough in my eyes.

Despite this team being "young" or "not the finished article", these are games where we should have played better in defensive and offensive side of the games. Conte or Sarri would probably of got cruicified for not beating Valencia in 2 attempts and defending in the way we drew with Ajax, thats the harsh truth.

Luckily for Frank, hes still learning and doesnt have the luxury of the transfer window but we need to be blunt as well and acknowledge these results arent good.

Round of 16 if we get through will be incredibly difficult, especially if we continue defensively in this manner against a much better team than Ajax, Lille or Valencia. Harsh reality but true. Good attacking football is all well and good but good teams are solid and hard to beat. At the moment, in Europe, we arent unfortunately.

we SOOOOOOOO need a healthy Rudiger back and running the defence :(:(

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

People talk too much about us being a young team, TBH. Yes, we have a number of young players this season, more than any other time but there are still loads of experienced players in the squad. Obviously, I don't expect the team to be winning every game but we should be doing better than having basketball games like the ones against Ajax and Valencia. We've done well generally in the PL but in the Europe, that's becoming a bit of an issue if the last 2 games are anything to go by. 

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Ajax were a big team but they lost 2 superstars

they so so miss de Jong especially

thank fuck he didnt go to the bindippers or Shitty or Manure

But you won't put Ajax in the same bracket as Man City, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern now, would you?