• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Mount (sub)

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Gayas stats are not that impressive. Emersons Defense stats are better if I remember correctly and Emerson plays in a superior league.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

it is hard to tell, but are you actually satisfied with our LB situation?

Emerson was horrific v Shitty (and in other games too, and Alonso, well enough said there)

I think we are fucked there more than any other position by far (as long as Reece comes good at RB)

sometimes stats flatter to deceive, Gaya is streets ahead of Emerson as a LB, it is not remotely close
Still tackling rates should be higher than Emersons due to the fact that he plays most of the time not high quality wingers compared to PL defenders.Also his attacking stats are not that impressive. Looks to me like a Jordi Alba who for me is not a World class FB

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Still tackling rates should be higher than Emersons due to the fact that he plays most of the time not high quality wingers compared to PL defenders.Also his attacking stats are not that impressive. Looks to me like a Jordi Alba who for me is not a World class FB

Jordi Alba, until this year (age is catching up) has been a top 2 or 3 LB in the world for years, he has been a crazy weapon for Barca for ages

do you even watch the players in other leagues?

just looking at stat sheets is not enough at all

it is hard to tell, but are you actually satisfied with our LB situation?
Emerson was horrific v Shitty (and in other games too, and Alonso, well enough said there)
I think we are fucked there more than any other position by far (as long as Reece comes good at RB)
I think that we probably need to improve LB because Alonso is not that good,but I actually rate Emerson because he actually is a pretty good tackler, especially before his injury. After his hamstring injury, he seems a little bit rusty, but that can happen. Offensive wise, Emerson was pretty good before his injury too. Obviously against Man City, Mahrez destroyed him after that dribbling but Kovacic could have done better too. I would say if Emerson does not get to his best form til end of Season, then we may have a Problem, but I expect Emerson to be back to a Good form.
He handled Salah in the super cup quite easily and was impressive going forward. He just lost some form.

Jordi Alba, until this year (age is catching up) has been a top 2 or 3 LB in the world for years, he has been a crazy weapon for Barca for ages
do you even watch the players in other leagues?
just looking at stat sheets is not enough at all

Yes, I am actually Messi groupie, so I watch Barcelona a lot (Valverde out ^^). I don't rate him at all. He has the luck to have played a very high possession based football. If he played for us in a way better League, he would get exposed all the time.
Yes,he is very important for Barcelona style of play and a Key Player in the way Barcelona play, but play him in a average Team and he will get exposed.He is not a great tackler at all and he sometimes lets everything to wide open and in PL that costs Games. Yes, if he played for Man City, he could play his game but City plays more tiki taka than Barcelona right now.
I always prefer a Defensive solid FB rather than a Offensive solid FB

Since this is 'must not lose' game and we were pretty comfortable defensively against Valencia in the first leg with three at the back I expect the same approach from the beginning. We can change it in the second half if needed. 

Kepa 

Azpi   Chris  Tomori 

James Kovacic Kante Emerson 

Willian   Abraham   Pulisic 

But maybe Alonso out of the squad suggests we won't play with wing backs. 

Also I think Giroud is perfect for this game. 

-----------Abraham---------
Pulisic-----------------------Mount
-------Jorginho---Kovacic-----
---------------Kante--------------
Azpi---Zouma---Tomori---James
---------------Kepa----------------
That midfield gives Valencia far too much respect and Willian isn't going to be dropped.

Mount for Kova & that would be the ideal XI.

The 19s are also in Valencia for a match in their version of the Champions League. We lie third in the table currently so this is a must win fixture. The game is ten minutes old and we've already had a golden chance to go ahead but Billy Gilmour had his early spot kick saved. It wasn't a great effort in all honesty.

Valencia dominated the second half and run out deserved 2-1 winners. The defeat eliminates our U19s from this season's eufa Youth League. The lads did what they could but there isn't the same quality in this group as in previous generations that tackled this competition with a swagger.

56 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Valencia dominated the second half and run out deserved 2-1 winners. The defeat eliminates our U19s from this season's eufa Youth League. The lads did what they could but there isn't the same quality in this group as in previous generations that tackled this competition with a swagger.

Bummer......heres hoping we win later on.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Would you say we've had our time in terms of dominating the youth competitions or Is this a transitional period and there's more top players (who are currently 14/15) on the way shortly to put us back on our pearch at that level?

Would be a shame as I enjoyed watching us make mincemeat of even the fellow top academy sides, although if that was to make way with the first team being so dominant I guess I could live with that :)