• Kante
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • James (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

1 minute ago, milan.cech said:

How did Sterling finish the game without getting booked, I will never know. Constant complaining and a yellow card tackle from frustration in the last minute.

to play against us, FA has everything figured out

1 minute ago, milan.cech said:

How did Sterling finish the game without getting booked, I will never know. Constant complaining and a yellow card tackle from frustration in the last minute.

One reason - he is English.

3 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

He is terrified about coming up against Reece James. He doesn't want the Zaha treatment :ph34r:

City will go uber mode vs us wait and see....they need to make a statement after today and we all know FA will rather them winning than us, so expect ridiculous calls to favour them. I just hoppe we dont suffer injuries in int's.

Plus we are not exactly in good-mode after int's, always lethargic and what not. We shall see......another loss vs a big team or will we go for the throat? We'll see.

There is nothing bitter here, he is right we've been poor against Top teams and Lampard needs to address this problem.
Losing against Pool is not a drama. Once we lost in Penalty shootout and one other time we lost due to stupid free Kicks.

One Match we lost was against United in the first match of the season.
Then we lost against United in Caraboa cup where there should have been VAR and we played with a lot of young players like Billy G and Guehi.

We won in Amsterdam 1:0 and drew them home, which both are brilliant results.

And don't forget, we still have injuries or had a lot of injuries

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Nicco said:

There is nothing bitter here, he is right we've been poor against Top teams and Lampard needs to address this problem.

I think our performances in general have been fine (maybe the set up a little too open at times) but our main issue is defensive set pieces. In the 6 games against Man United, Liverpool, Ajax (twice each), we conceded 7 goals (out of 12) from those situations - 5 from free kicks/corners and 2 from penalties. 

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think our performances in general have been fine (maybe the set up a little too open at times) but our main issue is defensive set pieces. In the 6 games against Man United, Liverpool, Ajax (twice each), we conceded 7 goals (out of 12) from those situations - 5 from free kicks/corners and 2 from penalties. 

Yeah definitely a clear issue. Annoying issue as it's the same mistakes each time. I'm worried about our performances in big games but it's something that hopefully can be worked on. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

cc @Tomo

Think he is spot on to be perfectly honest.

City will be the biggest test we have had this season I would say. I still think they are a better team than Liverpool, although defensive injuries at the minute are their shortcoming and after the loss today, the manner in which it happened too with VAR controversy etc, Pep will be furious. I have no doubt that they will come out and play at a very high level. We have to do the same, we have to be solid without the ball and the spaces between the lines need to be tight because as soon as De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Gundogan get into those spaces between defence and midfield, anything can happen.

Obviously a huge test. The first game we will probably have distinctly less posession. We should be clever and not give them any space, not committing too many men forward. hope we try a bit more of a counter attacking approach. Trying to be more solid first. James should retain his place but maybe Azpi pn the left, probably Jorginho back in. That is if we do not encounter a ton of injuries in the intl break.

Glad to have Kante back as well.