test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Man City 2-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Zouma
    • Tomori
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • James (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

450 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

How did Sterling finish the game without getting booked, I will never know. Constant complaining and a yellow card tackle from frustration in the last minute.

He is terrified about coming up against Reece James. He doesn't want the Zaha treatment :ph34r:

Johnnyeye, Vesper and 11Drogba like this

Citys offensive is world class. KDB and Sterling belong to the best of the best

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Vesper likes this

Two attacking sides with not-so-good defences. Oh boy, this could be anything.
I'd say yesterday's back four is better than the dross that was on show at Anfield. Midfield will probably decide the game
Vesper likes this

City will go uber mode vs us wait and see....they need to make a statement after today and we all know FA will rather them winning than us, so expect ridiculous calls to favour them. I just hoppe we dont suffer injuries in int's.

Plus we are not exactly in good-mode after int's, always lethargic and what not. We shall see......another loss vs a big team or will we go for the throat? We'll see.

Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

There is nothing bitter here, he is right we've been poor against Top teams and Lampard needs to address this problem.
Losing against Pool is not a drama. Once we lost in Penalty shootout and one other time we lost due to stupid free Kicks.

One Match we lost was against United in the first match of the season.
Then we lost against United in Caraboa cup where there should have been VAR and we played with a lot of young players like Billy G and Guehi.

We won in Amsterdam 1:0 and drew them home, which both are brilliant results.

And don't forget, we still have injuries or had a lot of injuries

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

11Drogba, Vesper, Atomiswave and 1 other like this

28 minutes ago, Nicco said:

There is nothing bitter here, he is right we've been poor against Top teams and Lampard needs to address this problem.

I think our performances in general have been fine (maybe the set up a little too open at times) but our main issue is defensive set pieces. In the 6 games against Man United, Liverpool, Ajax (twice each), we conceded 7 goals (out of 12) from those situations - 5 from free kicks/corners and 2 from penalties. 

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think our performances in general have been fine (maybe the set up a little too open at times) but our main issue is defensive set pieces. In the 6 games against Man United, Liverpool, Ajax (twice each), we conceded 7 goals (out of 12) from those situations - 5 from free kicks/corners and 2 from penalties. 

Yeah definitely a clear issue. Annoying issue as it's the same mistakes each time. I'm worried about our performances in big games but it's something that hopefully can be worked on. 

Johnnyeye likes this

1 hour ago, Jason said:

cc @Tomo

Think he is spot on to be perfectly honest.

City will be the biggest test we have had this season I would say. I still think they are a better team than Liverpool, although defensive injuries at the minute are their shortcoming and after the loss today, the manner in which it happened too with VAR controversy etc, Pep will be furious. I have no doubt that they will come out and play at a very high level. We have to do the same, we have to be solid without the ball and the spaces between the lines need to be tight because as soon as De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Gundogan get into those spaces between defence and midfield, anything can happen.

Laylabelle likes this

Especially after such a loss as well. Just concentrate and work on set piece defending. They're beatable if we play how we know we can. None of this switch off stuff. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Obviously a huge test. The first game we will probably have distinctly less posession. We should be clever and not give them any space, not committing too many men forward. hope we try a bit more of a counter attacking approach. Trying to be more solid first. James should retain his place but maybe Azpi pn the left, probably Jorginho back in. That is if we do not encounter a ton of injuries in the intl break.

Glad to have Kante back as well.

18 hours ago, Jason said:

cc @Tomo

He is right though. Defensively, we are quite open in transition and against between the line player. Last game was better, kova and Kante are athletic enough to cover ground. What really helped us so far is Zouma and Tomori ability against one on one. They are fantastic. 

Set pieces wise, it is simple with Alonso we are decent, without Alonso it is just awful. We didn't concede many set pieces against Palace, but they look like they are going to score everytime they did. 

2 hours ago, communicate said:

Set pieces wise, it is simple with Alonso we are decent, without Alonso it is just awful. We didn't concede many set pieces against Palace, but they look like they are going to score everytime they did. 

Okay, that seems like an exaggeration for Alonso. Maybe my memory has failed me but I don't recall Palace looking dangerous from set pieces. In fact, we didn't even give away a single corner in that game. And heck, we even won more aerial challenges than Palace did!

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Okay, that seems like an exaggeration for Alonso. Maybe my memory has failed me but I don't recall Palace looking dangerous from set pieces. In fact, we didn't even give away a single corner in that game. And heck, we even won more aerial challenges than Palace did!

They are trying to gaslight 

Alonso offers fuckall overall, and he has burnt like toast in the air so many times

Not just on set pieces either.

He is a systemic weak point on the squad.

killer1257 likes this