test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 4-4 Ajax

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   14 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Tomori
    • Zouma
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • James (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

588 posts in this topic

These emotions - we didn't have that in Europa League, did we? We just have to qualify for the Champions League next season as well. Chelsea belong to this competition.

This game made me hate football at one point, and absolutely love it at another.

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
11 minutes ago, Jason said:
If we win at Valencia, I believe it will guarantee our progress. 

I guess the margin of the win would play a part. Not sure if number of goals or margin matter more.

Assuming we beat Valencia and lose to Lille + Ajax beat Lille and lose to Valencia, that would mean we, Ajax and Valencia have 10 points each at the end of the group stage. If that's the case, then it would come down to the points won in the H2H between the 3 said teams. So taking those scenarios into equation:

Ajax - 4 points (beat Valencia, drew with Chelsea, lost to Valencia & Chelsea)

Chelsea - 7 points (beat Ajax & Valencia, drew with Ajax, lost to Valencia)

Valencia - 6 points (beat Chelsea & Ajax, lost to Chelsea & Ajax)

We would end up finishing top, Valencia in 2nd and Ajax in 3rd. 

LAM09 likes this

7 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

I 'm not worried about Valencia.
I 'm worried about les Lillois at the bridge -if the mach has significance.

I for one am dreading it already......all 3 teams on 7pts. THey will do their best.....i will be livid if we somehow gets dropped to EL, livid.

3 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Unbelievable game. One for the ages. 2 pens, 2 own goals, 2 red cards, 2 disallowed goals. Just such a weird weird game.

First things first, the "fans" on here make fucking arsenal fans like saints. Pathetic fair weather. That's all I can say. On the balance of play if the 1st half had ended 1-1, no one would have complained. They were lucky to be 1-3 up. And yet, you would think it was the end of the world. They were fucking semi finalist in the last edition beating juve and real Madrid for fucjs sake. Get a grip and atleast have the decency to support the team for 90 mins of the game, that you claim to be a fan of. 

We have issues. A lot of them. But we got fight. Even before the 2 reds, we kept on going. Their 4th was totally against the run of play. 

CHO was horrendous. Really really poor. Puli non existent. Tammy had a lot of half chances but just was not his day. Reece was just awesome. 

I hope Alonso has played his last Ever game for Chelsea. Fucking play maatsen if there is no one else. But by God, never Alonso. 

Topping the group is still very much a possiblity. Let's get that done. Come on Chelsea.

you say 'fair weather'

and THEN

go and rip the same players I ripped (in fact MORE than I did), roflmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

LAM09 likes this

Chelsea 19-20

Reading - Chelsea 3:4

Salzburg - Chelsea 3:5

Norwich- Chelsea 2:3

Wolves - Chelsea  2:5

Burnley - Chelsea 2:4

Chelsea - Ajax 4:4

Johnnyeye likes this

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

no

IF Lille beats us badly and we lose to Valencia badly

and Lille wins their other game we can still crash totally out on GD

remote but possible

Europa League for us is looking fairly likely

we fucked up twice at home

anything can happen

as long as we dont finish fourth I am oki with it

in fact, would rather (I have said this all along) go 3rd than 2nd, as 2nd will be a next round exit more than likely

and EL, we can win back to back

and thus get CL even if we are not top 4 in the EPL

and also a another shot at that goddamn super cup

not necessarily, in CL it is not settled on GD but on a "mini table" of progressing teams. It would depend on how lille does vs ajax as we have the one on one vs ajax.

Anyway, 4 points and we progress. 

But i also rather want to go either 1st or 3rd. Which means we have to win at the Mestalla to be sure. 

Vesper likes this

10 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Abraham is my man

based on your posts since I have joined

I think Kane is your man

:ph34r:

Assuming we beat Valencia and lose to Lille + Ajax beat Lille and lose to Valencia, that would mean us, Ajax and Valencia have 10 points each at the end of the group stage. If that's the case, then it would come down to the points won in the H2H between the 3 said teams. So taking those scenarios into equation:

Ajax - 4 points (beat Valencia, drew with Chelsea, lost to Valencia & Chelsea)

Chelsea - 7 points (beat Ajax & Valencia, drew with Ajax, lost to Valencia)

Valencia - 6 points (beat Chelsea & Ajax, lost to Chelsea & Ajax)

We would end up finishing top, Valencia in 2nd and Ajax in 3rd. 

Shit, I forgot H2H for all three teams would come into effect.

Have our fate in our own hands to top the group after 4 games, so I can't argue.

Johnnyeye likes this

We got lucky to be fair. 

Because Ajax was the far better side. 

VAR changed everything. 

And because of that a point is more then we can ask for. 

1 minute ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I'm to drunk and frankly to mentally exhausted to post much there were some bad performances tonight but Kepa is fucking hopeless thank you and good night.

Kepa is becoming a an issue, which guts me

I do not see the club doing anything much about it

he has to get his shit together, that is for sure

and i HATE whinging about keepers

Cuntois drove me batshit

clone Cech

That's one hell combination of crazy and strange match. Credits for both teams. Personally, I like Ajax and hopefully they can repeat their performance and achievement of last season. 

We all know since the beginning that away to Spain match will be the crucial one, even if we lose today. So looking forward for that match, and tell you what, I won't even mad if we're not advance to the next round. Sorry to say this, but no way we're gonna win CL this year. In EL, frankly to say we've a much better chance.

Whatever happen, I still have a confident for this team. KTBFFH!

Vesper likes this

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

you say 'fair weather'

and THEN

go and rip the same players I ripped (in fact MORE than I did), roflmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Only difference is mine was not a knee jerk to us losing/drawing. 

I have no probkem ripping into players and managers, but it's the timing which makes the whole difference. 

Support the team atleast when the game is still live. Have the basic decency of supporting. Once it's done, give whatever assessments you want. 

Even if we had won 5-4, I would still be livid with a lot of players. You cant concede 4 and be happy. But atleast give the same players their 90 minutes of allotted time to prove themselves or right their wrongs.

Even more vitally why we can't afford to lose next game is, if Ajax beat Lille as expected and Valencia beat us, both teams can play out for a draw in the last game which will ensure that both qualify and we know we have seen that before.Valencia would be content with getting second spot and leaving top spot to Ajax too, which is another factor. 

Johnnyeye and 1905didierblue like this

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

based on your posts since I have joined

I think Kane is your man

:ph34r:

Your biggest mistake: not respecting a Talk Chelsea living legend.

milan.cech likes this