• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • James (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

The game has been pretty even in general play.

What hasn't been even is our inability to defend Ajax's play out wide and then their subsequent crosses. The first goal was poor from Tammy and the second goal whilst a fantastic cross, left us very flat footed. The third goal was very lucky but when we're creating so many problems and so much panic inside our box those things tend to go against you.

We shouldn't have played into Ajax's hands playing so frenetic, especially after getting back level so quickly. It is a concern at present that the players seem to struggle to control a game as well as away from home. It's almost as if the players feel we have to attack more but it leaves us disjointed.

If we can sort ourselves out defensively and don't go gung ho straight away, we still have a chance in this game because Ajax look very open themselves.

Everyone is slating Alonso but Azpi has been far worse. Since he offers fuck all going forward, his defending needs to be top notch in order to justify his place in our best XI (like he was against Ajax away). He's getting abused defensively here. Not for the first time this season.

2 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Naive lol.

It's football and we aren't a complete team yet. We're gonna have good halves and bad halves.

Fair critisicm is not... Oh no we've lost 2 home games in a row... 0 disregard to the fact we've won 7/8 on the way into it. Or the fact we won the 2 away games.

A sample size of 2 games is nothing and it is naive to read much if anything in to it. If we qualify it doesn't matter what's happenned in our home games or mean anything.

And its not being naive or being rosey... Its called enjoying watching a young team that is growing learning where there is gonna be ups and downs and enjoying the ride.

As opposed to everyone being whiny about every little thing every time we concede.

So maybe you should stop being a pessimist and support the team for a change.

Chill dude. Pretty much normal OTT reactions on here.

I hope we get back into it and shut these idiots up.

Just hope Lampard does the substitution at half time and take off Alonso for James. He can’t play for one more second we’re getting exposed massively in the flank
I also do not want to see Azpi as LB. But Lamps usually never makes subs in half time

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Has to be said Ajax do hit some delightful balls in off free kicks.  And against our set piece defense that's not exactly a recipe for success. 

Alonso is such a goof.  Stupid penalty given up against United and now a ridiculous foul with a player double teamed and going nowhere.  He's a senior player at this point and has almost no situational awareness.  Kind of shocking.

Chill dude. Pretty much normal OTT reactions on here.
I hope we get back into it and shut these idiots up.
I know. I normally don't get involved as it happens any time we don't win 4 nil.

I'm sure loads of these people aren't actually Chelsea fans.

I see the vows of taking the good and the bad if we play youngsters is over now that has to be put into practice [emoji38]
People are crying out for James to play ahead of Azpi for starters. [emoji849]

Ajax players are young. The coach made use of their speed, quickness and  high energy and of course team work.. High press ,quick attack etc. Azpi . Alonso cant cope . Overall Chelsea cant cope with this kind of play. Players need to be on the move all the time . 

We're talking solely about European competition. Why would I bring up league games to justify anything that's happening tonight?

Na. I'll be a realist, just like I have been for almost 6 years. [emoji1360]

So we're 2/3 wins out of 3. Currently second and as things stand will be second in the group after 4 if all stays the same...

A realist who based on your comments moaning here every week expects us to win every game...

Sounds great fun mate. You enjoy that. [emoji23]

Don't get the hysterics. This performance from the first half is very similar to the first half performance in Amsterdam, just slightly unluckier this time.

They are very vulnerable in defence and they will run out of gas before us

Just now, !Hazard! said:

Don't get the hysterics. This performance from the first half is very similar to the first half performance in Amsterdam, just slightly unluckier this time.

They are very vulnerable in defence and they will run out of gas before us

Unfortunately so are we. Need to get a early goal to get back in and wake up! Though 2 were Ogs but even so. Some daft moments