• Kovacic
    • Gilmour
    • Pulisic
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Batshuayi
    • Mount (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

Hope we go relatively strong still despite being a cup game.

Caballero

James - Zouma - Tomori - Emerson

Kovacic/Jorginho - Gilmour

Pedro - Barkley - Pulisic 

Batshuayi

Must win to write the first game of the season off. 

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Go and right the wrong of that first game of the season and hump the bastards.

Yep!! Don't want to lose this after that and especially this being at home too. Let's not lose 2 in a row to them .. Or pens thats also crap. Especially as went out to them in the FA Cup as well 

Rotation is absolute must. Caballero, James, Gilmour, Pedro, Barkley, Batshuayi/Giroud all deserve a start and key players should be rested. Jorginho in particular needs to rest since he's not only a key player for us but also for Italy

Caballero

James-Zouma-Guehi-Emerson

Kovacic-Gilmour

Pedro-Barkley-Hudson

Batshuayi

That's still relatively strong team

A few over at redcafe say they will kill us again, some say they should go full power and some the opposite. I'll say lets go murder these fuckers for that 4-0 loss and give them a good bloody cracked nose. Will give us confidence.

Ole will come to park the buss, of course he will, and hit on the break....that will be his plan, he aint gonna game an open play at SB. Expect the refs and var fucking us over...should always be expected imo.

51 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Rotation is absolute must. Caballero, James, Gilmour, Pedro, Barkley, Batshuayi/Giroud all deserve a start and key players should be rested. Jorginho in particular needs to rest since he's not only a key player for us but also for Italy

Caballero

James-Zouma-Guehi-Emerson

Kovacic-Gilmour

Pedro-Barkley-Hudson

Batshuayi

That's still relatively strong team

Barkley is out for the game he's still injury

10 minutes ago, the wes said:

Barkley is out for the game he's still injury

Barkley might be available. Lampard said he's "is out, not majorly out, just out, so hopefully fit for next week" pre-Burnley last Friday.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/10/25/chelsea-injury-news-burnley-away

We should know more about the injuries etc tomorrow when Lampard holds his presser at 1:30pm UK time. 

Caballero

James Guedi Zouma (Rudi if fit) Emerson

Gilmour                     

Kovacic   Barkley (Pulisic if Ross not fit)

Pedro   Batshauyi  Hudson Odoi

Even though this is just a 2nd round Carabao Cup game vs a poor ManU side this game is massive. They are somewhat in form again and we have unfinished business with them. I have always hated Utd more than City, Tottenham, Arse and Pool as they were our greatest rival when I started watching regular Chelsea games in 2006 and they had such an unlikeable squad back then as they have now. Albeit they are hardly direct rivals for us since Fergie left I hate losing to them even in tiny competitions. further, this young chelsea side yet has to win vs a big club domestically so about time to get that monkey off our back.

Whilst I'm not overly concerned about the Carabao Cup at this stage (the league and Champions League needs to continue to take priority), I think the current winning run that we're on makes this game more important because it will just continue to breed confidence and momentum.

It will be interesting to see if Lampard trusts Guehi and Gilmour against a big side at present, especially as there is no guarantee that Solskjaer will rest players. He may well want to get some momentum going and can afford to rest players in the Europa games.

I wouldn't be against it though. We only have 2 fully fit first team centre backs at present and with Kante injured, there is also a lot of strain on Jorginho and Kovacic so resting a couple of these would make sense.

I would definitely keep Pulisic in the side whilst he's red hot, and would love to see CHO in alongside him. If we need an experienced player in the Willian mold to play with them then Pedro can be brought in too.

In general, not sure how much I'd care about the result here but it would be great to beat United. We haven't beaten Solskjaer's United in 3 attempts! Fail to do so again and this would enter the Conte v Wenger territory.

Also, for all of United's problems under Solskjaer, they actually have a decent record against the PL Big 6 in all competitions - P10 W4 D4 L2.