• Gilmour
    • Pulisic
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Batshuayi
    • Mount (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

These sort of games are what a Chelsea team will be judged on, v United, Arsenal, City, Spurs, Liverpool etc. There is still a long long way for this team to go. Its only a cup game maybe but still getting beat by an average United side in only a cup competition isnt an excuse.

In league cup?? 

10 minutes ago, communicate said:

In league cup?? 

Doesn’t matter what competition. Our record against the top 6 is what we will be judged on, and so far it’s piss poor. We can’t even beat, let alone learn from our past mistakes, against a poor United side. 

Doesn’t matter what competition. Our record against the top 6 is what we will be judged on, and so far it’s piss poor. We can’t even beat, let alone learn from our past mistakes, against a poor United side. 

In league cup? Who care, team play either bench player or kids in league cup. Only united played almost full team.

If this is league cup final both team play full team I will be mad, but United played strong team which is an interesting decision by Ole.

At the end of the day its a chance of winning a cup gone, its always frustrating losing to the manc cunts, but thats life. The most important thing right now its to try and get top 4, and maybe some cup runs depending on our luck, that in itself would be a great achievement, along with the progress of our young players. Still a long way to go for this team, but one thing is certain, once the transfer ban ends, some older players need to go and make way for better players, if we really want to compete with City and Pool.

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Wrong choice of words. You probably wanted to say top team at the moment. Ajax is four times European champion. Definitely top10 clubs in the history of football. If they are not big don't know who is. 

Wrong choice of words? Of course I meant NOW. Why would I bother talking about what they did in the past? 

When we talk about being the best, challenging the best, we measure ourselves against the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Man City etc these days, no? With all due respect to Ajax, they are historically a big club but in these modern days, they are not. They are just a tier below the ones I've mentioned.

Lampard on the injuries...

"Emerson I'm hoping [will be back] within the next couple of games. N'Golo possibly could be in contention for Ajax or Palace. Toni I'm not too sure about yet, he still has a few complications and Ross I'm hoping will be available for the weekend."

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lampard on the injuries...

What is it with these constant injuries to the Wee man and Rudi?

I mean fucking hell, they come back for one game and get injured again, and RLC seems to have been out like forever.

And as regards to Kante, with the way Kovacic is playing does he deserve to be dropped to accommodate him, and the Wee Man is my fav:o

5 hours ago, communicate said:

In league cup?? 

Regardless of the competition, we arent Spurs, weve never not taken the cups seriously in recent seasons.

We got to the league cup final last year, won it a few seasons ago with Jose, won an FA cup with Conte and got to the FA cup final the season before that and lost it in the final with Conte. 

No point turning our nose up at it, the league cup and FA cup are gonna be our best chances of winning trophies until we bridge the gap with City and Liverpool in the league, so using its "only the league cup" as an excuse to defend losing to Man United is quite ridiculous. 

I watched, It was not great for either side. I dont know how important this cup is? It seems a bit of a throw away whn managers throw in their youth to get experience. In the long run it may help us with the players not getting caught up in the media about how good they have become. Top 4 in PL is the prize for me for this season.

We didnt do much, and utd as many here said prior was coming to defend and defend and so they did, they had nothing at all in open play.

And can I send a big shout out to the FA and pgmol for their continuing services for utd.....if only we could get pens in every game we would have it eaiser.