• Kovacic
    • Gilmour
    • Pulisic
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Batshuayi
    • Mount (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

Look at the bright side. A month ago or when OGS was adamant he would play youngster against us today. Having just escaped the relegation zone for now, he is going at full strength. Gets a lucky win and will get destroyed in the later stages of this competition so all of this completely pointless while having to sweat for more cold nights in midweek between key League games.

Just now, Tomo said:

The game goes on record as a draw. I don't make the rules it is what it is, they won the tie but the game was a draw.

Common sense. Ask anyone with slightest bit about them whether we "drew" in Istanbul. 

I'm worried about the trophy, not what's written down. 

Just now, Tomo said:

In what sense aren't Ajax not a big game? Not only was qualification (almost) on the line, it was unbeaten semi finalists in Amsterdam fgs.

Also to add, if we're going to take off Ajax as a big game surely the same applies with United?

Take out the name and it's no different to what Burnley have been doing at Stamford Bridge in recent years, ie shithousing results through sitting deep and direct football (nothing wrong with that but it's not the actions of a big team).

I don't know what you're going on about here. By big teams, I meant Liverpool, Man United (despite being crap) etc, not Ajax. Ajax may have reached the UCL semi finals last season but they aren't a big side, are they? That game at Amsterdam may have been a big game and we did well to win. But it wasn't against a big team and we still haven't beaten one this season, and that record will likely extend when we face City in November. 

Just now, LAM09 said:

Common sense. Ask anyone with slightest bit about them whether we "drew" in Istanbul. 

I'm worried about the trophy, not what's written down. 

The point I'm making is, go on any site that has Frank's W-D-L record as Chelsea manager as that game will be in the middle section.

1 minute ago, milan.cech said:

Look at the bright side. A month ago or when OGS was adamant he would play youngster against us today. Having just escaped the relegation zone for now, he is going at full strength. Gets a lucky win and will get destroyed in the later stages of this competition so all of this completely pointless while having to sweat for more cold nights in midweek between key League games.

I suppose a few years back I'd be really disappointed going out at this stage of the Carabao Cup just because you knew that was it then for the season for any young academy players to get a run out.

Now it's viewed as a potential positive being out to rest them.

21 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Let United enjoy this epic victory. Let them think OGS is the right man after all. Let them sweat for more cold night in midweek. Let them get knocked out in later stages. Because they are not winning this thing. Let's focus on the important stuff. Get the points on Saturday and I will not complain at all.

Oh, and the ref is a proper cunt.

100%

Just now, Jason said:

I don't know what you're going on about here. By big teams, I meant Liverpool, Man United (despite being crap) etc, not Ajax. Ajax may have reached the UCL semi finals last season but they aren't a big side, are they? That game at Amsterdam may have been a big game and we did well to win. But it wasn't against a big team and we still haven't beaten one this season, and that record will likely extend when we face City in November. 

I think Ajax's exploits last season have earned them the tag as a big team and clashes against them being classes as big games, even if they've lost Frenkie.

I would say they're better than all bar two teams we will face domestically all season so yes absolutely it was a big game in my eyes.

The point I'm making is, go on any site that has Frank's W-D-L record as Chelsea manager as that game will be in the middle section.

My bad.

Could you please point me in the section for this -

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2019/aug/14/liverpool-v-chelsea-uefa-super-cup-2019-live

Just to please you, 0-3 with TWO DEFEATS AT HOME. You were happy to jump on a comment about me HOPING it won't be an issue throughout the season.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think Ajax's exploits last season have earned them the tag as a big team and clashes against them being classes as big games, even if they've lost Frenkie.

Really? One run to the UCL semi-final out of nowhere and they're suddenly a big team? :doh: Tomo, I know you always look for perspective and all but you're clutching at straws here. 

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I would say they're better than all bar two teams we will face domestically all season so yes absolutely it was a big game in my eyes.

Don't use logic or reason when someone is determined to moan 😂

The future is bright, the future is blue 👍

*without Alonso 

Just now, LAM09 said:
1 minute ago, Jason said:
Really? One run to the UCL semi-final out of nowhere and they're suddenly a big team? :doh: Tomo, I know you always look for perspective and all but you're clutching at straws here. 

Stop moaning...

Should be called MoanChelsea instead of TalkChelsea 😂😂😂

"we are over- acheiving" in October, "we have not won a big game" - we won away to Ajax, man some "fans" are really so fair weather, it's unbelievable.
Welcome to talk chelsea. This is the main reason this forum has gone downhill recently. If we don't win every game its doomsday!

Ask United whether they'd swap seasons with us right now and I bet you they would in a heartbeat.

Plus we are without our best cb and midfielder for the majority of this season so far and are still playing great.

7 wins out of the last 8. I can deal with being out of the league Cup, and if we're gonna be knocked out at least it was to a wonder strike.

Should be called MoanChelsea instead of TalkChelsea [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
People have put forward fair points, so don't see anything wrong tbh. It's black or white for the most part

A drop in performance level is to be expected given the young-ness of this squad and especially after seeing the XIs that were put out but the performance left a little to be desired (to put it kindly). Expected better than to fall into the same United trap again. Oh well...one less game to worry about in December.