test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-2 Man Utd

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Caballero
    • James
    • Guehi
    • Zouma
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Gilmour
    • Pulisic
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Batshuayi
    • Mount (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

349 posts in this topic

There was a few annoying misses... Many annoying passes. Tbh I didn't think we'd win this anyway just cause our record against Man U hasn't been great and suddenly they've started to win. Still to give a stupid pen.. Annoying. Bloke near us wasn't a Alonso fan before that moment.. The after even less! 

Oh well... Better to lose here I guess then the final

Vesper likes this

15 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Wrong choice of words. You probably wanted to say top team at the moment. Ajax is four times European champion while producing best players in the history of football. Definitely top10 clubs in the history of football. 

I agree. These posts trying to downgrade Ajax just to make the point that we suck in big games yet are bizarre. Ajax are clearly a club of great relevance in the history of modern football and one of the top European sides of last season. So based on history and current form they are clearly a big club. Obviously if we focus on 1998 to 2017 they were a bit underwhelming but that would be somewhat artificial. 

We were much cleverer in that match tho and still conceded more chances than today. Utds are a side that are only good at defending nd suck at creating chances so last thing one should do is gift them easy goals. Once you fall behind it is virtually impossible to overcome their bus

Very poor performance all round I felt. Ironic because every 2nd or 3rd British journalist/pundit was getting carried away with our 7 game run and performances in the games vs Ajax and Burnley.

These sort of games are what a Chelsea team will be judged on, v United, Arsenal, City, Spurs, Liverpool etc. There is still a long long way for this team to go. Its only a cup game maybe but still getting beat by an average United side in only a cup competition isnt an excuse.

Most disappointing thing for me was Hudson Odoi. He made the club jump through hoops to resign him, is on 120k a week and whatever, now personally although its only been a few games, he looks close to half the player he was last season bar the Newcastle game. Maybe harsh but if wages and performance levels were linked, he would be lucky to be on half what he is now based on Ajax, Burnley and tonight. Big big improvement needed. It may seem harsh but after the whole will he wont he, he honestly has to do a lot more. He is the one youngster who I am not going to afford the same privileges as the others due to how hard him and his agent made the club push and what the club have given him. He was up against a young kid and Marcus Rojo tonight, not Maldini and Nesta. For someone of his ability, taking 60-65 mins to do something useful doesnt cut it for me. Especially on that wages and the fuss we made to keep him. 

I am still surprised him and Billy made it past HT, both are kids yes but still United had a know how and experience to get them through stages of the game. For as bad a manager as Ole is, tactically and selection wise, he got his picks pretty much spot on. 352, split strikers looking to get in behind our fullbacks when they went forward etc. 

Our dodgy record against United with OGS in charge there goes on.

OGS is like the new Kenny Dalglish ...

Managing shit teams with a shit style but still manage to pick up wins consistently against Chelsea.

Annoying match, and felt we should have done more in attack. Was interesting to see CHO and Pulisic to start together, but a bit underwhelming in the end.

But its to be expected. This is still a young team, and not yet the finished article. There will be inconsistencies.

Despite that, we have 7 wins in a row, and followed by 1 defeat, that is still a fantastic achievement. We fielded a weaker side and got undone only by set pieces. There will be more to come with returning players.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

These sort of games are what a Chelsea team will be judged on, v United, Arsenal, City, Spurs, Liverpool etc. There is still a long long way for this team to go. Its only a cup game maybe but still getting beat by an average United side in only a cup competition isnt an excuse.

In league cup?? 

10 minutes ago, communicate said:

In league cup?? 

Doesn’t matter what competition. Our record against the top 6 is what we will be judged on, and so far it’s piss poor. We can’t even beat, let alone learn from our past mistakes, against a poor United side. 

OneMoSalah and Johnnyeye like this

Doesn’t matter what competition. Our record against the top 6 is what we will be judged on, and so far it’s piss poor. We can’t even beat, let alone learn from our past mistakes, against a poor United side. 

In league cup? Who care, team play either bench player or kids in league cup. Only united played almost full team.

If this is league cup final both team play full team I will be mad, but United played strong team which is an interesting decision by Ole.

I think more importantly than the result which I can't care less.

How do Puli and CHO play?
Can they play together from the beginning?

This is imo more important.

At the end of the day its a chance of winning a cup gone, its always frustrating losing to the manc cunts, but thats life. The most important thing right now its to try and get top 4, and maybe some cup runs depending on our luck, that in itself would be a great achievement, along with the progress of our young players. Still a long way to go for this team, but one thing is certain, once the transfer ban ends, some older players need to go and make way for better players, if we really want to compete with City and Pool.

Atomiswave and Bosnian Blue like this

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Wrong choice of words. You probably wanted to say top team at the moment. Ajax is four times European champion. Definitely top10 clubs in the history of football. If they are not big don't know who is. 

Wrong choice of words? Of course I meant NOW. Why would I bother talking about what they did in the past? 

When we talk about being the best, challenging the best, we measure ourselves against the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Man City etc these days, no? With all due respect to Ajax, they are historically a big club but in these modern days, they are not. They are just a tier below the ones I've mentioned.

Lampard on the injuries...

"Emerson I'm hoping [will be back] within the next couple of games. N'Golo possibly could be in contention for Ajax or Palace. Toni I'm not too sure about yet, he still has a few complications and Ross I'm hoping will be available for the weekend."

Johnnyeye likes this

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lampard on the injuries...

What is it with these constant injuries to the Wee man and Rudi?

I mean fucking hell, they come back for one game and get injured again, and RLC seems to have been out like forever.

And as regards to Kante, with the way Kovacic is playing does he deserve to be dropped to accommodate him, and the Wee Man is my fav:o

5 hours ago, communicate said:

In league cup?? 

Regardless of the competition, we arent Spurs, weve never not taken the cups seriously in recent seasons.

We got to the league cup final last year, won it a few seasons ago with Jose, won an FA cup with Conte and got to the FA cup final the season before that and lost it in the final with Conte. 

No point turning our nose up at it, the league cup and FA cup are gonna be our best chances of winning trophies until we bridge the gap with City and Liverpool in the league, so using its "only the league cup" as an excuse to defend losing to Man United is quite ridiculous. 

Johnnyeye and Bosnian Blue like this

Sounds like I made the right choice in not bothering with this one. 

Wish we'd have had the fit bodies to make even more changes yesterday. Need our important players fully at it against a desperate, winless Watford.

communicate likes this

11 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Oh well... Better to lose here I guess then the final

so true

those extra games and still no trophy are bad news