• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • James (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

Lamps is obvviously not gonna throw anyone under the bus in public after a 4-2 win. But surely we can improve on what we seen today. The first 20 mins were nervy af and the last 10 minutes we had a few needless turnovers. If we do this vs ManU and Rashford has a good day again, we are gonna be in trouble.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I wouldn't say we barely created anything,Christian alone could have walked away with two match balls today, I just feel this was more like the basketball games we saw early on compared to the controlling games we've had in the last month or so.

TBF, think we all expected a tough, physical game at Burnley and it did turn out that way. Was like a basketball game at times but there were also periods where we controlled the game with our possession. Not a perfect performance but we would have taken any kind of win today. Lampard will definitely be mindful of the problems and as long as this doesn't spiral out of control in coming games, we should be fine. 

Burnley have a poor record overall against the big clubs, but still they can be a pain in the ass if taken lightly and Turf Moor is not the easiest of grounds. Especially coming off a tough UCL away day. Happy for the win and for Pulisic, the perfect hattrick fully deserved. On to the next one we must top this perfect run with a win v United.

9 minutes ago, Ljpaddock said:

How the fuck is someone as thick as Trevor Sinclair on sky sports 👋🏻🤦🏽‍♂️

It is Frank Sinclair, you mean? I think he is actually quite good compared to some the other clowns you get. What has he said wrong?

1 minute ago, Stats said:

It is Frank Sinclair, you mean? I think he is actually quite good compared to some the other clowns you get. What has he said wrong?

I edited my post, as a pundit he is absolutely useless. Constantly looking to others to confirm his opinions and is massively biased towards Chelsea which makes it ridiculous when we are the team playing.

I wouldn't say we barely created anything,Christian alone could have walked away with two match balls today, I just feel this was more like the basketball games we saw early on compared to the controlling games we've had in the last month or so.
I thought Burnley looked more dangerous than us but Pulisic was fantastic in both creating and scoring.

It was kinda similar to last year, as long as the game become physical we struggled to control the game. Ruben helped us big time last year.

I think (hope!) many of these slight lapses and mistakes in defense will be cut down dramatically when Rüdiger comes back in for Zouma. Kurt is a fine rotational option but is a ticking time bomb in possession. 

Teams won't be able to press and rush Toni as easily because he's much more composed on the ball and can pick out a pass as well.