• Batshuayi (sub)
    • James (sub)

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I have seen so many posts that assume or even want to keep Zouma for next year

you lot (who say this)

are cray cray

he so has to GO GO GO

dregs

He's just here to make up the numbers. You could definitely make a point that the transfer ban was a blessing in disguise, but that sure as heck doesn't apply to Zouma. I'm also very unconvinced by Tomori, but let's say he needs some more time before drawing conclusions...

CHO is dangerous every time he picks it up in the final third but needs to vary up his moves. Keeps trying to cut inside and the defenders have caught on. 

Willian has been completely shut down on the other side of the pitch. He can get the ball with any kind of space. 

Again, Tammy finding it difficult alone up top when we are forced to play it into him while he's surrounded by multiple defenders.

Need to get Mount and Willian more involved if we're going to get anything here.

6 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Well, they did not have a nice chance whereas we could have, and should have, easily scored. Our decision making is costing us big time, though.

Reminds me of Valencia at home, they started growing into game during 2nd half after we wasted plenty of chances in the 1st.

5 minutes ago, different level said:

I'd assume Lamps fancies it because of the aerial advantage (and because he doesn't have much of a choice at the moment), but it's so annoying watching them being super sloppy every time they touch the ball.

not saying we have a choice this year

bans and injuries and all that

I mean next year

we need a massively WC CB

we will have at least 400m quid in the kitty

we need to grab one of:

(I have posted my choices multiple times)

Romagnoli

Ibrahima Konaté (probably my first choice, he is a BEAST, so big, tall, strong, pacey, a terror) 

Skriniar (Shitty will go all out for him, Conte will fight to keep)

José Giménez

Marquinhos (bonus there, he can play DMF too)

or, if those are all wash-outs, maybe Dias from Benfica

Koulibaly is now too old to buy next summer (he turns 29yo in June, so he is no longer worth worth the €100m or so that the poison dwarf will still demand).

2 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Thank god it was offside but I really hate VAR being this precise. Freeze the picture 0.01 seconds earlier and its not offside

offside is offside

where I go bonkers is when they go back in the run of play to like 20 seconds before and look at plays that were NOT called at all and had nothing to do with the goal itself

like that Azpi 'offside' like 10 passes before that chalked off a goal (forget which game it was, maybe v  Leicester or the bindippers)