• Mount
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • James (sub)

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Like I said several months ago, if Kovacic is utilised right, he will be a key player. 

Mad how some preferred Bakayoko vs making Kovacic’s loan deal permanent 

That Jorginho - Kovacic partnership continues to get stronger. It is always going to be our strongest pairing on the ball, but at the start of the season the two left us so open in the middle at times but they seem to have improved massively on that and when we have the ball they're capable of dominating the majority of teams.

It says a lot about Frank and the players how good we have looked recently without what was our best defender, midfielder and attacker in last season's starting line up.

6 hours ago, Kicker Conspiracy said:

You won't win trophies this year

i wouldnt put it that way, we do have experienced players in our squad who have won a lot of trophies together and in football you never know what can happen. Sure its a transition period with a new manager, a lot of youngsters and a new philosophy, it will take its time to be cemented, but the results are showing and the signs are positive, with time and patience this team can go a long way, i hope Lampard can get the support and backing he deserves from the board.

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

Our midfield really is immense. Imagine what it would look like with Kante and RLC fit...

Kova and Jorginho 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

You forgot the best - Ross Barkley

31 minutes ago, Strike said:

You forgot the best - Ross Barkley

Reckon Lampard will likely consider selling him in the summer, especially with Loftus Cheek fit. 

His inconsistency and slow timed decision making holds the team back. Nothing worse than see the team try and build up at a fast tempo only for Barkley to hold onto the ball far longer than he should. 

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Reckon Lampard will likely consider selling him in the summer, especially with Loftus Cheek fit. 

His inconsistency and slow timed decision making holds the team back. Nothing worse than see the team try and build up at a fast tempo only for Barkley to hold onto the ball far longer than he should. 

And give Gilmour a bigger role. I like how the midfield is packed with quality players. A far cry from when one Kante injury would see Bakayoko and Drinkwater start

WHAT A WIN!!!! Brilliant. The match was exciting too though the quality in final 3rd was poor from both the teams. This team is so good, without a superstar, and thats what makes this such a brilliant thing.

Kepa - Hardly troubled. A very poor pass which could have cost us though. 6/10

Alonso - Have not ever said this, but he was very good defensively. Offensively, a little lacking. Got himself in a good position couple of times, only to screw it up. 7/10

Tomori - I have been all for Tomori. He is young, he will make mistakes, but , and this is a massive BUT, he should also be learning from them. A mistake every game, and all of them same/similar. Has to stop making those, has to cut it out. 6/10

Zouma - Rock solid. Laughable that people want to sell him. He is improving game after game. His on the ball play is improving exponentially. His crossfield passes to alonso are good too. And 1v1, he is our best defender. 8/10

Azpi - What a performance, MOTM for me. I honestly had thought that Reece will displace him, but Azpi has really come back up again. 9/10

Jorginho - A very close 2nd MOTM for me. Controlls the mid. You can give him the ball surrounded by 5 players, but his awareness is so good, he will still find a way to retain the ball. Brilliant 9/10

Kovacic - Another stellar performance. He is proving me wrong, and how? Need to continue this. 8/10

Willian - An absolute shocker. Could not retain the ball, every oppurtunity he had to run at the opposition LB, he failed. Just one of those days for him, where everything that he tried to do, went wrong. 4/10

Mount - Industrious, Defensively astute. Made the right runs, Linked the play up well. He is a quality quality player. 8/10

CHO -  after the last game, where he looked mature beyond his years in the final 3rd, this game was the polar opposite. So poor in the final 3rd. When he should have gone on the outside and cut back the ball to tammy/mount, he tried to go in and take a shot. When he should have come in, he went to the by line. Such a weird performance. Still was our only outlet in the 1st half. He will learn a lot from this night, hopefully. 5/10

Tammy - Had a hard night, Not much of a service when both the wingers had a shocker. Still linked play up well, kept the CBs honest. Closed down the play. 7/10

Subs:

Pulisic - Brilliant performance. His close control is amazing. I feel he has played himself in for the weekend. 2 brilliant sub performances, should merit him a start. Way to go boy. 9/10

Michy - Missed a sitter, should have passed the ball to reece at the end to make it an easy 2-0, but also got the winner. We can see where he struggles which is his link up play. Nonetheless, a good 2nd option. 7/10

Lamps - You can see how well the team is working and thats a 2nd away game in CL where his subs have been perfectly spot on (CHO for Reece against Lille and Puli for willy today). Just brilliant from Super frank. 

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

I spy with my little eye a team beginning with P in the round of 16 and plusieurs des visiteurs Parisiennes to the forums.

Two of the last three matches are at home, think we'll top the group just like Paris will. 

I did not watch a single minute of Ajax this season and I thought they would be similar to last season, but they are miles away from that. Judging be the celebrations at the end, I think our players were also a bit afraid of Ajax's home record, but now that small fear I think it is gone and they will go out at the Bridge for a three pointer I have no doubt about it.