test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Ajax 0-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   25 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Zouma
    • Tomori
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • James (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

386 posts in this topic

Ajax 0-1 Chelsea
PRE/POST-MATCH DISCUSSION, LIVE CHAT AND ANALYSIS

Mason-Mount-Chelsea-news-Premier-League-

2019/20 Champions League Group Stage Match 3
23rd October, Wednesday 2019
Johan Cruyff Arena
17:55 Kick Off (UK time)

Do you think Lampard will start alternating players to get them rest? We are like a walking hospital ward right now.

Vesper likes this

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

It's shocking to me that bookmakers have Ajax as favourites here. 

They are an outstanding team though even without Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt. They'd probably be 2nd or 3rd in the standings right now if they played in Premier League

Vesper likes this

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

They are an outstanding team though even without Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt. They'd probably be 2nd or 3rd in the standings right now if they played in Premier League

I disagree. I think they would struggle to finish top 10. Tadic had 38 goals and 24 assists last season for them and while playing for 3 years for Southampton he was very average. 

Vesper likes this

3 hours ago, the wes said:

I'm guessing alot of supporters will be stoned before the game kicks off 

tenor.gif

I just find it funny that for the return leg due to the ban some have said about going to watch the Leyton Orient game instead.. 

Be a difficult game I think. Hoping we can get something from it though. Just stay focused and don't do crap things. Need to make most of chances 

Vesper and the wes like this

Nah they won't but different league require different player so it is very difficult to compare
Vesper likes this

17 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

It's shocking to me that bookmakers have Ajax as favourites here. 

If this was 2 years ago then yes, but they are a force once again now. Even with the losses of De Lijt and De Jong, which are blows they still have fantastic players. Added Promes too who is a good addition. I am not surprised Ajax are favourites. We lost to Valencia at home 1-0, while they dismantled them away from home 3-0. They also have a known system they have been working on for years while we are a team in transition despite the excellent work we have done this season.

Strike, Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

On 19.10.2019 at 8:19 PM, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Do you think Lampard will start alternating players to get them rest? We are like a walking hospital ward right now.

It's not the game to experiment with the squad - if we lost this it would be very hard to go out of CL group. IF he will start reserves it means we give up CL already

A draw is probably a good outcome for us here. Ajax are not too dissimiar from us in terms of playing style but are more settled as a group and also have less injuries to cope with. We should not be deluded to think just because or squad is valued more than tiwce as high as Ajax's that we are automatically favourites. Last year's CL and their stellar form this season so far undermine their favourites tag. But we should not bee afraid either. they can be broken and they can be shut down. Their defence is their weak point and sharp counter attacks can undo them. I think we should again start with 5 defenders provided James and one of Rüdiger/Christensen are fit. Othrwise i would not be confident with any of Zouma or Tomori playing in the middle of the back 3. However, as none will probably be risked I expect us to start like this

Azpi--Zouma--Tomori--Alonso

-------Kovacic--Jorginho-------

Willian-----Mount------CHO

---------------Tammy------------

which is easily our best lineup given the many absentees.

I guess it will be an exciting game.

Vesper likes this