Gaming discussion #2

LAM09

14 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Hack and Slash games are probably my favour. They just aren't as popular nowadays, but there are a few gems.

Should try Nioh if you're after a challenge (sequel is out in March as well).

Good taste man, hack and slash is my favourite too. Try Ninja gaiden 2 on XB360 on master Ninja difficulty.....it will make nay gamer go amok lol. But great fun.

Yeah Nioh I played the demo and was very good, much better than Sekiro imo. Bloodborne was very good as well.

Check this dude out playing NG2....you cant help but laugh.

Good taste man, hack and slash is my favourite too. Try Ninja gaiden 2 on XB360 on master Ninja difficulty.....it will make nay gamer go amok lol. But great fun.
Yeah Nioh I played the demo and was very good, much better than Sekiro imo. Bloodborne was very good as well.
Check this dude out playing NG2....you cant help but laugh.

I would if I had an Xbox console. Only played Sigma a few years back and it didn't click for me for some reason.

A new iteration would be nice.

Just now, LAM09 said:

I would if I had an Xbox console. Only played Sigma a few years back and it didn't click for me for some reason.

A new iteration would be nice.

The Sigma games suck ass......def Sigma 2. The difficulty tones way down. No blood, instead some green goo, no decapitation and desmemberments etc. I kept my xb360 only for NG2.

Since Itagi left NG has gone to shits. You wont see a a good NG game anytime soon mate.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, Jason said:
Moon is so yesterday. emoji85.png

I've always been a handheld kind of guy where Nintendo are concerned. Are Sword/Shield solid entries or are they effectively rehashes on a bigger scale?

Sword/Shield is the Gen 8. So new Pokemons (obviously), new region to play through - including an area called 'Wild Area', which is an open world place for players to catch mons - new items, new attacks, new abilities etc. They have also made it easier for players to play competitively - e.g you can now change a mon's Nature using Mints, you can use EXP candies to level up mons a lot quicker. And for the first time ever, there will be DLCs for the game, which will come out this year (one in June and the other later in the year). So no more nonsense of GameFreak making a "new" game by adding content to the old one - e.g Pokemon Sun & Moon -> Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon. 

WHAT TO KNOW

Nintendo:” the new theme park Universal Orlando will be adding in 2023. Time to Mario Kart on over to Orlando. 

A Nintendo Theme Park is Officially Coming to Universal Orlando

Experience life in the Mushroom Kingdom first hand.

Nintendo Theme Park Coming Orlando florida universal mushroom kingdom super mario world osaka japan expansion

https://hypebeast.com/2020/1/nintendo-super-nintendo-wrold-theme-park-universal-orlando

Comcast reps recently confirmed that a Nintendo theme park will be coming to Universal Orlando, following rumors that have been circulating over the past few years. According to USA Today, the upcoming Nintendo theme park is expected to open in 2023 and is part of a massive expansion project that will double Universal Orlando’s size.

The new 750-acre park will venture a few miles away from Universal Orlando’s current location and will employ an additional 14,000 workers on top of Universal’s already-existing 25,000 Orlando-based employees.

Those looking forward to Orlando’s Nintendo park can likely expect similar details to those found at Super Nintendo World Osaka, which is set to open this spring. The park’s Japan location will reportedly offer rides, shops and interactive opportunities that aim to immerse visitors in classic Nintendo games.

An overall immersive experience offered in Osaka will be wearable wristbands called “power up bands” that, along with an app, allow guests to collect digital coins just like Mario and use them to play games against other visitors at the park. “You’re not just playing the game; you’re living the game, you’re living the adventure,” explains Thierry Coup, the senior vice president and chief creative officer at Universal Creative. “Nintendo’s most iconic locations and experiences will be brought to life, including Mushroom Kingdom, Peach’s Castle, an incredible Mario Kart ride, Bowser’s Castle – and more.”

In related news, the world’s first Harry Potter store will be opening in NYC.

Source

Usa Today

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:
WHAT TO KNOW

Nintendo:” the new theme park Universal Orlando will be adding in 2023. Time to Mario Kart on over to Orlando. 

A Nintendo Theme Park is Officially Coming to Universal Orlando

Experience life in the Mushroom Kingdom first hand.

Nintendo Theme Park Coming Orlando florida universal mushroom kingdom super mario world osaka japan expansion

https://hypebeast.com/2020/1/nintendo-super-nintendo-wrold-theme-park-universal-orlando

Comcast reps recently confirmed that a Nintendo theme park will be coming to Universal Orlando, following rumors that have been circulating over the past few years. According to USA Today, the upcoming Nintendo theme park is expected to open in 2023 and is part of a massive expansion project that will double Universal Orlando’s size.

The new 750-acre park will venture a few miles away from Universal Orlando’s current location and will employ an additional 14,000 workers on top of Universal’s already-existing 25,000 Orlando-based employees.

Those looking forward to Orlando’s Nintendo park can likely expect similar details to those found at Super Nintendo World Osaka, which is set to open this spring. The park’s Japan location will reportedly offer rides, shops and interactive opportunities that aim to immerse visitors in classic Nintendo games.

An overall immersive experience offered in Osaka will be wearable wristbands called “power up bands” that, along with an app, allow guests to collect digital coins just like Mario and use them to play games against other visitors at the park. “You’re not just playing the game; you’re living the game, you’re living the adventure,” explains Thierry Coup, the senior vice president and chief creative officer at Universal Creative. “Nintendo’s most iconic locations and experiences will be brought to life, including Mushroom Kingdom, Peach’s Castle, an incredible Mario Kart ride, Bowser’s Castle – and more.”

In related news, the world’s first Harry Potter store will be opening in NYC.

Source

Usa Today

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/13/21064777/super-nintendo-world-mario-theme-park-osaka-japan-wristbands-mobile-app

Japan will have it earlier. :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

yes, we will go see it when we go back to Osaka this summer

looooooooooooove Osaka, our favourite Japanese city

OMG

the food!!!!:wub: (Okonomiyaki is the best in japan in Osaka :wub::wub::wub: deffo, if you go try Jibundoki (時分時 which is posh, or Fukutaro(福太郎)which is more 'streety' or for Takoyaki (soooo jummi!!) so so go to Dotonbori Akaoni  (道頓堀赤鬼)

the shopping!!!!!:wub:

so much more chill than Tokyo and near to Kobe too

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

yes, we will go see it when we go back to Osaka this summer

looooooooooooove Osaka, our favourite Japanese city

OMG

the food!!!!:wub: (Okonomiyaki is the best in japan in Osaka :wub::wub::wub: deffo, if you go try Jibundoki (時分時 which is posh, or Fukutaro(福太郎)which is more 'streety' or for Takoyaki (soooo jummi!!) so so go to Dotonbori Akaoni  (道頓堀赤鬼)

the shopping!!!!!:wub:

so much more chill than Tokyo and near to Kobe too

You travel frequently to Japan? I have not been there before but will definitely go there one day...for my Pokemon needs! :P:lol: 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ooooh. Which part of Asia, besides Japan? :ph34r:

HK and Singapore the most, but have been all over

we want to go back and see the Golden Bridge in Vietnam, we just missed its opening by a few months last time we were there in 2018

Image result for Golden Bridge in VietnamImage result for Golden Bridge in VietnamImage result for Golden Bridge in VietnamImage result for Golden Bridge in Vietnam

Sword/Shield is the Gen 8. So new Pokemons (obviously), new region to play through - including an area called 'Wild Area', which is an open world place for players to catch mons - new items, new attacks, new abilities etc. They have also made it easier for players to play competitively - e.g you can now change a mon's Nature using Mints, you can use EXP candies to level up mons a lot quicker. And for the first time ever, there will be DLCs for the game, which will come out this year (one in June and the other later in the year). So no more nonsense of GameFreak making a "new" game by adding content to the old one - e.g Pokemon Sun & Moon -> Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon. 
Even though I haven't actively played them, I still feel the urge to keep up with what changes are made.

The DLC pass is certainly a better option. Just not a fan of them rinsing Pokemon Bank shit, etc. Where are link cables when you need them?!

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Even though I haven't actively played them, I still feel the urge to keep up with what changes are made.

Oh you will be surprised/shocked/astounded, I think. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

The DLC pass is certainly a better option. Just not a fan of them rinsing Pokemon Bank shit, etc. Where are link cables when you need them?!

A new service/system will replace Pokemon Bank - Pokemon Home. 

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ah yeah. I remember seeing it during the last Direct. All about that $$$

It's not that bad. At least get to transfer mons over from the older games! 

It's not that bad. At least get to transfer mons over from the older games! 

Is there isn't a number of Pokemon that either can't be transferred or aren't available (Dex related) in Shield/Sword at all?

So much going on that would probably annoy me as someone that's been around from Gen 1.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Oh you will be surprised/shocked/astounded, I think. :ph34r:

I invested a lot of hours in the first two games on the original Gameboy, especially Pokemon Silver which I still think holds up as the best I've played of the series.

My daughter got one of the new Pokemon games for Xmas (think it was Sword) - you recommend it then? I might have a little go on it myself after the tax return deadline is done and dusted on Friday and I'm not working every hour under the sun (and moon).

I think I may invest in the Zelda game (Breath of the Wild?) otherwise, it looks really good and has great reviews. It just looks like a game that will demand some significant investment in.