• Mount
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Willian
    • Abraham
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • James (sub)

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Yet again Saturday 3pm game and you can guess twice whether the broadcaster has chosen Chelsea game to be shown out of all the games from that timeslot....This keeps happening almost every weekend now. In previous seasons I've been able to watch vast majority of the Chelsea games from TV but now I have to keep watching streams over and over again. Annoying as hell.

Anyways, pretty confident about this game despite our injury problems. Abraham, Barkley, Mount, Jorginho, Alonso, Tomori, Willian are all in good form right now, Hudson-Odoi is getting there. Hoping to see James as well 

Same here in America. It's fucking annoying. I used to be able to see just about every PL game on TV with the "sports package" I'm paying for. But now they have a premium tier where you have to pay even more to see all the matches and only show one game on TV at a time. So this will be the second week in a row that I have to watch us on a stream. :middlefinger:

Anyways, I mostly like the look of our side here. Just gutting to have Kante missing literally every other match. Without him in there these shit sides will always have a better chance against us.

Only questionable selection is Barkley but he was very good for England last week so I guess he's in form? Idk. Let's hope we see good Ross Barkley today rather than the usual average one.

The whole idea is to dominate the game alas not having to do much defending.
We played this exact same midfield vs Brighton and we won with a clean sheet.
The "idea". It doesn't mean lightning will strike twice.

They have already won away to Spurs & gave Liverpool a decent contest, so I'm not thrilled about no real defence presence aside form the back four.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

They have already won away to Spurs & gave Liverpool a decent contest, so I'm not thrilled about no real defence presence aside form the back four.

What are you proposing instead?

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

If we're going to play that game Brighton gave City a good game (4-0 was very flattering to City) and battered Spurs by an even bigger score yet we comfortably kept them out.

At the end of the day we only have the Brighton game to go on (so far) to access that midfield three and it's very much so far so good.

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Same here in America. It's fucking annoying. I used to be able to see just about every PL game on TV with the "sports package" I'm paying for. But now they have a premium tier where you have to pay even more to see all the matches and only show one game on TV at a time. So this will be the second week in a row that I have to watch us on a stream. :middlefinger:

Anyways, I mostly like the look of our side here. Just gutting to have Kante missing literally every other match. Without him in there these shit sides will always have a better chance against us.

Only questionable selection is Barkley but he was very good for England last week so I guess he's in form? Idk. Let's hope we see good Ross Barkley today rather than the usual average one.

I want to find the executive at NBC Sports that decided we need to see every Man U and Arsenal game and bitch slap him.

If we're going to play that game Brighton gave City a good game (4-0 was very flattering to City) and battered Spurs by an even bigger score yet we comfortably kept them out. At the end of the day we only have the Brighton game to go on (so far) to access that midfield three and it's very much so far so good. 

Notice the common factor in my comment; Newcastle were AWAY in both. [emoji1360]

Exactly. Not something to go on about as marker.

What are you proposing instead?

If Kovacic is on the bench (will most likely make a cameo), he should be starting and come off once we're in a comfortable position.

Indeed, Kovacic should definitely have started for me. He's excellent at keeping the ball and passing it around quickly. The exact opposite of Barkley. In a game where we'll boss possession and need to pop it around quickly to unlock a deep defense I don't see why Ross is preffered. He's better suited to a more open game.

Watch him score now...:P

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Notice the common factor in my comment; Newcastle were AWAY in both. emoji1360.png

Exactly. Not exactly something to go on about as marker.

If Kovacic is on the bench (will most likely make a cameo), he should be starting and come off once we're in a comfortable position.

Guy coming back from injury probably shouldn't start when we may not need him. I doubt he plays if we are winning this. And i don't think that makes us that much better defensively.