test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-0 Newcastle

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Zouma
    • Tomori
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Barkley
    • Mount
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Willian
    • Abraham
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • James (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

227 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Does Alonso really deserves to be dropped after a couple of good performances? 🤔

Vesper likes this

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Does Alonso really deserves to be dropped after a couple of good performances? 🤔

I hate Alonso because he is so slow, but he actualy made his point in recent games and isnt just a  bench fodder as he was in the start of season. In the next couple games Emerson has to show why he is undispited starter when fit.

kellzfresh and Vesper like this

In regards to Emerson lets hope hes fully fit and not thrown back in when he clearly wasn't right... so yeah keep Alonso in for this game.

kellzfresh and Vesper like this

Kovacic in full training today. Great news! Jorginho, Kovacic and Mount are going to start. Barkley on the bench and James can play there too. We probably won't have CB on the bench. 

Vesper likes this

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Kovacic in full training today. Great news! Jorginho, Kovacic and Mount are going to start. Barkley on the bench and James can play there too. We probably won't have CB on the bench. 

If we are short at CB Guehi will maybe get on the bench.

Vesper likes this

If we are short at CB Guehi will maybe get on the bench.
It's possible. I would imagine that azpi would go there first, or even James before Guehi. I'll be interested to see if he makes the bench.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Vesper likes this

Lampard's pre-match presser will be at 1:30pm UK time today. Should know more about the players' fitness come then...

Vesper likes this

Kante not fit for this match due to groin injury. Christensen got a hamstring injury and will be out for 2 weeks. Rudiger not fit yet.

Kovacic and Barkley available.

Vesper likes this

This will be a very tough game I think. Even for us being at home. They arent on the best run but they showed last week when their backs are against the wall they can perform.

I am concerned about us at CB because the guy Joelinton is a very good physical number 9 who has shown promise for them this season. He can be very physical so I hope Zouma and Tomori are up for it. Plus Saint-Maximin is excellent in 1 v 1s, at carrying the ball up the pitch and Almiron has shown he can be a difficult player to play against as well as he is very quick and good in tight spaces. 

Wont be as easy as many will think so it is essential we get an early goal so they come out and attack us to open up more spaces.

Stats likes this

---------------Kepa

Azpilicueta - Zouma - Tomori - Emerson

Kovacic   ------   Jorginho

Mount

Willian/Pedro  ----- Abraham ----- Hudson-Odoi