test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-0 Newcastle

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Zouma
    • Tomori
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Barkley
    • Mount
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Willian
    • Abraham
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • James (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

227 posts in this topic

Not getting ahead of ourselves here but we have a 5-point gap on Spurs and 8 on United (it'll stay 8 if they lose tomorrow) after today's win. And Spurs go to Liverpool next weekend, although we'll be at Burnley.

Muzchap likes this

The point is when we're attacking, you want the players to play with pace, move the ball quickly etc, especially against defensive teams. CHO was doing that but Alonso wasn't. He's already slow to begin with but when he's not on it as well, it just becomes painful to watch. 
You can't compare one of our best talents who's a winger with a left back or wing back. Lol.
No shit CHO is much better than alonso at that. But for a wing back alonso is very good as he has proven countless times playing that role.

Not sure what the argument is here. He isn't a great left back. But he's a better wing back and has played that role well this season and very well in past seasons

Just now, Hutcho said:

You can't compare one of our best talents who's a winger with a left back or wing back. Lol.
No shit CHO is much better than alonso at that. But for a wing back alonso is very good as he has proven countless times playing that role.

I just talking about the speed of play in general. Put someone like a peak Marcelo at LB and our attacking play down that side would look completely different.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Pulisic made quite an impact coming on which is encouraging. If he had been playing and was sharper he could've scored twice today.

Should have scored the second chance but decided to pass the ball to Abraham, who was actually asking for it. Oh well, his first goal wait goes on...

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Must be as obvious to Frank as it is to us that Kova is MILES better than Ross. His close control, dribbling, work ethic tracking back, and his ability to surge forward and beat players dribbling is another level. He HAS to be in our best XI.

Think Lampard didn't want to risk playing Kovacic after he took that heavy knock against Wales. But thank god, he played well after coming on. 

I just talking about the speed of play in general. Put someone like a peak Marcelo at LB and our attacking play down that side would look completely different.
And we will have massive problem against set pieces and crosses though.
With Tomori starting, Alonso is pretty much a guarantee starter. He helped us against crosses and set pieces.

1 minute ago, communicate said:

And we will have massive problem against set pieces and crosses though.
With Tomori starting, Alonso is pretty much a guarantee starter. He helped us against crosses and set pieces.

Perhaps but that's another debate. It was just so painful watching Alonso in snail-mode today. 

Bosnian Blue likes this

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Perhaps but that's another debate. It was just so painful watching Alonso in snail-mode today. 

There was a moment in the game where we lost the ball near their box and Alonso was 'chasing' their counter. I was shouting not to get booked again!

Just now, milan.cech said:

There was a moment in the second half where we lost the ball near their box and Alonso was 'chasing' their counter. I was shouting not to get booked again!

The manner he picked his yellow was so silly. It looked like he was getting riled up by the Newcastle fans but thankfully, he kept his cool. 

Callum Hudson Odoi is absolute quality... 

Give me Sancho/Madisson to play on the right when our transfer ban xpires... And let three mighty english musketeers of Odoi Abraham Sancho/Madisson murder the league in many years to come... 

2 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Callum Hudson Odoi is absolute quality... 

Give me Sancho/Madisson to play on the right when our transfer ban xpires... And let three mighty english musketeers of Odoi Abraham Sancho/Madisson murder the league in many years to come... 

Maddison? Average player let Yernited waste money on that dud.

OneMoSalah likes this

3 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Maddison? Average player let Yernited waste money on that dud.

He looks quality or semi close to quality anytime I watch him play....might be wrong though that's why Sancho/Chiesa remains my first choice for right wing position when transfer ban xpires...

Just now, Tomo said:

On another note were the Longstaff brothers really made to look that good against United or were the media hying them due to the romance of them playing together?

I thought they were both absolutely terrible today.

That's the English media for you. 

Johnnyeye likes this

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

On another note were the Longstaff brothers really made to look that good against United or were the media hying them due to the romance of them playing together?

Worst combo since Ant and Dec

Tomo likes this

Buzzing after this hard fought win..we were up against it with half the team injured and right after this untimely international break. We grinded out a result in a match we would have let slip just a few weeks ago. But the team is maturing quickly. Game management again was excellent ater the opener, defending with the ball.

Well that was far more hard fought, than it should have been.

Tammy could have easily have had a hat-trick.

CHO is an absolute GEM. Kovacic was very good too.

JOrginho was my MOTM. What a performance. Just brilliant.

Tomori needs to learn. last 3 games, 3 mistakes. Needs to cut it out. Zouma is going from strength to strength. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I didn't think they were terrible. They weren't great, but they are two very young midfielders playing in the middle for Newcastle (that was solely focused on parking the bus) against quality players in Jorginho, Kovacic and Mount.

They are both very promising, but they don't have experience to be playing just the two of them against someone like Jorginho.